Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Also I’m always happy to help you with job applications if you need
Thanks Mebby! Been a while since I'd applied for one but did submit this one last night.

Will still be on the lookout so will definitely keep that in mind. I've always hated talking about myself so I've always hated the process.

Thanks Mebby! Been a while since I'd applied for one but did submit this one last night.

Will still be on the lookout so will definitely keep that in mind. I've always hated talking about myself so I've always hated the process.
The process sucks. Some of the best hires I’ve made have interviewed terribly or had poorly presented resumes!

Shirley that wouldn't be allowed.

It's not but the gym staff are generally too busy sitting at the front desk on their phones to actually do their job.

Isn't that what AI is for? :sweatsmile:

I must admit, I applied for a job this week and as I was struggling to write my cover letter, I did think - how do they know if you've used AI for it?

I wouldn't sweat too much on a cover letter, A few recruiters have told me they are becoming less important as time goes on.

Just come up with a template and substitute certain words to suit the type of job you are applying for.

I wouldn't sweat too much on a cover letter, A few recruiters have told me they are becoming less important as time goes on.

Just come up with a template and substitute certain words to suit the type of job you are applying for.
Yeh, mines stock standard, do a search and replace on names, title and company. Takes 30 seconds to update for each role, save the file name as the company to ensure you send the right one. Easy

Yeh, mines stock standard, do a search and replace on names, title and company. Takes 30 seconds to update for each role, save the file name as the company to ensure you send the right one. Easy
This is the way. The amount of cover letters I receive addressed to “Dear Sir” does my wig in.

This is the way. The amount of cover letters I receive addressed to “Dear Sir” does my wig in.
Do they not see the MRS in your contact details!

The cover letter to me (in hiring and seeking) has always felt like a bit of an admin task checker. Have they read everything, have the proofed everything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do they not see the MRS in your contact details!

The cover letter to me (in hiring and seeking) has always felt like a bit of an admin task checker. Have they read everything, have the proofed everything.
Ms. But yeah even after Linked In stalking me they often spell my name wrong so just don’t bother with a cover letter if you don’t have the attention to detail to do it properly!

Ms. But yeah even after Linked In stalking me they often spell my name wrong so just don’t bother with a cover letter if you don’t have the attention to detail to do it properly!
601C0F34-7A83-4CCD-A653-CC47A8AF4FE6.jpeg

Are Eddie and Jesse aware of this?!??

Was out for lunch with my son for Father's Day. We always have a good conversation. We will occasionally go on our phones to look up a movie, song, or food item etc.

The male female couple next to us did not speak to each other at all. They were looking at their phones the whole time. The next table seemed to have three generations of women from the same family, no conversation, even Grandma was busy on her phone.

Isn't a big part of eating together that you talk to the people you are with?

Was out for lunch with my son for Father's Day. We always have a good conversation. We will occasionally go on our phones to look up a movie, song, or food item etc.

The male female couple next to us did not speak to each other at all. They were looking at their phones the whole time. The next table seemed to have three generations of women from the same family, no conversation, even Grandma was busy on her phone.

I prefer to focus on enjoying the food, company and conversation are secondary :p

At least they were being quiet .

We pulled out a board game at the pub where we went for FDay lunch

Love my family ❤️

My mother in laws phone obsession is absolutely cooked, she’s attached to the thing 24/7, will just mindlessly be scrolling Facebook and shit pretty much all the time.

I reckon the boomer generation has the worst phone addictions of anyone.

Yeah the gym passport thing is popular here atm.

Also not a fan of the standing desk but do note it's way better for you. Probably should do an hour or so a day but never do

Fitness Passport is such an awesome idea. Our work set it up and I was lukewarm on the idea until I saw that it included the main local leisure centre in our estate (walking distance from home and directly opposite our kids' school and kinder) AND the local indoor pool/water slide place. Family passes were very reasonably priced too, easy to get it to pay for itself each month.

As for the standing desks, I also get the benefit, however being just shy of 6'6, whenever I've tried it, it's felt like the monitors on my desk may as well be the TV in the kitchen for everyone else on the floor.

Kind of sad, really.

1725224962658.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back