Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Evacuation from the 12th floor of a building & people complaining about the process of having to go down stairs. Genuinely pathetic how lazy people are getting
All those evacuations show is that the higher up you are the less chance you have of getting out in time

They will genuinely sit outside until it's all finished and the lifts are operational again...

I wonder why obesity is such an issue in our health system :think:
You're not allowed back in until the lifts are on
You have to sit around and be counted and wait

All those evacuations show is that the higher up you are the less chance you have of getting out in time

You're not allowed back in until the lifts are on
You have to sit around and be counted and wait
More reason to not be a slob then, out quicker

Every building I've ever been in lets you go back up the stairs. Worse is lining up for limited lifts rather than just taking the stairs, still lazy.

More reason to not be a slob then, out quicker
I mean people also get older, get injured, have disabilities but sure let's pretend everyone is young and healthy
I'm big buildings with 30+ stories you're not getting out quick no matter how fit you are if you're on a high floor which was point
Every building I've ever been in lets you go back up the stairs. Worse is lining up for limited lifts rather than just taking the stairs, still lazy.
31 floors at my work they're not letting people attempt that.

I mean people also get older, get injured, have disabilities but sure let's pretend everyone is young and healthy
I'm big buildings with 30+ stories you're not getting out quick no matter how fit you are if you're on a high floor which was point

31 floors at my work they're not letting people attempt that.
Ours is 12, as stated. People are pathetically lazy and getting worse, as stated. Argue elsewhere

Ours is 12, as stated. People are pathetically lazy and getting worse, as stated. Argue elsewhere
Sorry didn't realise the only situation that mattered was yours

Parks in handicapped spots making handicap faces .
Drives ultra slow in the fast line.
Too.

BF mods are the poo police :moustache:
You're a poo poster!

:poo::poo::poo::poov1::pileofpoop:💩

Totally agree. I’ve done it once and never again. I somehow got stuck looking after ALL the kids the whole long weekend. Breakfasts, bedtimes, showers, supervising activities - all me. When I brought it up it ended in a huge argument and the weekend was ruined!

Separate accommodation or I’m not going.
I think i love the idea of this but the execution and implementation would give me a headache

How on earth did that fall to you?
My brother just took himself off to his room and I was the only one who did anything I suppose. It was for my mum’s birthday so I didn’t want her to have to do anything. I wasn’t going to let my kids go to bed without their shower and story so I guess it became one in all in?

We probably could except for the fact we don't really like each other's cars.

I think subconsciously I'm keeping my shit car so no one wants to go in it. If I get a new one it probably becomes the "family car", the one we use when we're doing something, I'd prefer we don't do that, I like my own thing!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think i love the idea of this but the execution and implementation would give me a headache
I think I’d have a much better time if we went with friends who are less likely to dump all the shit on me and will actually pitch in. But if you go with lazy or selfish people it’s a miserable time.

We did a long weekend with two other families and stayed in cabins next to each other. That was perfect - we caught up for meals and activities, the kids could go to bed in peace, and then at night we went to the balcony on the middle cabin for a late dinner and to drink.

Overseas wedding next year where everyone will be taking kids. No childless mates going/invited. Pretty much makes my decision for me, if everyone is just babysitting 2-4 year olds all day, that's a shit holiday.

The bit I dont understand - no effort by people to leave them with grandparents and have a holiday.

There's no chance I'd be leaving my children while I went on holidays. They're part of the family. You accept that when you have them.

A weekend away at a stretch but zero chance I'd be overseas away from them.
nothing wrong with a night or weekend off but yeah going overseas for an extended period without the kids for a holiday, nah not until they are grown up

I think the longest we have been away together without the kid is maybe 3 nights for our honeymoon

I'm not a fan of overseas holiday weddings, so much money

I've been to one in NZ because the couple were from there and it was much easier to get a few friends to fly over there than all of their family to fly over here and that makes sense

but the lets go to bali for a holiday wedding, yeah I'm staying home thanks for the invite

Overseas wedding next year where everyone will be taking kids. No childless mates going/invited. Pretty much makes my decision for me, if everyone is just babysitting 2-4 year olds all day, that's a shit holiday.

The bit I dont understand - no effort by people to leave them with grandparents and have a holiday.
There’s no way I could leave 2 and 4 year olds with their grandparents for more than a night, that’s why there’s ‘no effort’

That's not till Nov...
Are you getting in early
I didn't mean immediately... though I could use the break.

Funny to think of them as a multi generational band now like Bruce and the Stones.
They just do their thing and never cared about where they charted, just playing their style, so their fans have stuck by them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back