Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Ive seen a few people get pretty consumed by gaming, im talking home at 5pm straight on it for hours, missing sleep, calling in late to work.

I dont really understand the appeal but if its your unwind/recreational activity more power to you, just dont let it get to addict levels.

Reminds me of one of my old workers.
Called in sick 5 mins before his shift for 6 weeks straight every Thursday.
He finally got himself sacked.

I find video games a great release after work. Get home, catch up with the family, help kids with homework, watch a show with the wife (Parks and Rec or Brooklyn 911) then need about 90 minutes of Sinjin time to become a ghost in Ghost Recon, play a few games of EA FC, blast zombies in Evil West. Its just a really good release before bed. With that in mind it takes me about half a year to actually finish a game.

I'm no gamer but I oscillate between tv/movies and books. I'm hard in a reading phase at the moment, it's robbing me of sleep.
Ah yes just a few more pages then I'll go to bed

Yeah...last night I was planning on reading til 9.30pm then my favourite character was killed so I HAD TO finish the whole book...oopsidaisy
Last night i put a movie on knowing it would finish after i was planing on going to bed

The big problem I face is do I start the next book in the series tonight, knowing that it'll probably keep me up until the early hours of the morning again?
I don't have that problem as I'm getting drunk in town tonight

Of course this also isn't good for my sleep

Or wallet

Or liver

Fun People GIF

Ive seen a few people get pretty consumed by gaming, im talking home at 5pm straight on it for hours, missing sleep, calling in late to work.

I dont really understand the appeal but if its your unwind/recreational activity more power to you, just dont let it get to addict levels.
we got 4 guys at work who talk about gaming all the time, then they will get on discord and talk about it at night, or they go to each other's house on a Saturday night and play dungeons and dragons and they talk about that all the time as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only gaming I do these days is when I go to my sister's place and play my nephew's Nintendo Switch with him.

I played the old Nintendo games as a kid back in the 80s and the Sega games in the 90s so I can still hold my own.

The new Nintendo games haven't changed much since then, the graphics are better but the controls are the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back