Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

smoked salmon
Sad Jim Carrey GIF

I miss the old greasy spoons in the UK, we had one near where I lived in London and you could get a great fry up feed for 5 quid.

You got two fat bangers, bacon and a generous serve of scrambled eggs and baked beans with toast, the coffee was awful though.

I miss the old greasy spoons in the UK, we had one near where I lived in London and you could get a great fry up feed for 5 quid.

You got two fat bangers, bacon and a generous serve of scrambled eggs and baked beans with toast, the coffee was awful though.

You probably wouldn't miss it if you knew what was going on in the back of some of those places. My mate lived above his uncle's cafe. In the morning it would be a greasy spoon, at lunchtime it turned into a chippy. They would leave the cooked bacon, sausages and even fried eggs on trays in the kitchen, covered but not refrigerated, until the next day. They weren't open Sundays so Saturday morning's breakfasts were reheated on Monday.

There was a chippy in Slough that doubled as an adult book shop out the back. I bought a South African guy I worked with a black blow up doll there which we all signed as a farewell gift to him, I should have guessed someone with the surname Steyn who called pre 94 the good old days might not have seen the funny side of it. We all had a good laugh though and the f***ing Afrikaans have no sense of humour anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back