Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
False.

Went to London. Watched Arsenal play. Decided to support Arsenal. Went full Silent Alarm.

That's the Cliffs.
I support* West Ham for less, a coffee cup was enough to win me over.

*check their scores in the paper

Always funny that folks develop a 'connection' to big money clubs and never to clubs like Fulham or QPR.
I went to a few Maidenhead United games when I lived there, they were in the Isthimian League at the time, still are I think, it was a fun afternoon out. I saw them play Leicester one preseason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I support* Man United because when I was a kid a close family friend went for them and since he was older and I knew nothing about soccer I followed what he did. My "connection" is probably stronger and goes back longer than 99% of people who follow EPL teams in Australia. LOL.

*watch games on Fox and have an old shirt (Umbro branded with Sharp as sponsor)

I visited the Camp Nou in Barcelona and the Santiago Bernabeu in Madrid but wasn't there when games were on. Barcelona are my favourite team to watch (their game style is great and they have a host of superstars so how couldn't you?) but I didn't feel any "connection" walking around a giant stadium and through a busy merchandise shop. Was planning to go and watch a Palace game in the UK last year (Go Jedinak) but ended up staying on the continent. I reckon I'd have really enjoyed that. I always have a soft spot for teams with Aussies.

I "support" Everton because of Timmy Cahill and now Mo Besic but can't say I have any real connection to the club, I don't even own any merchandise. I think the 'connection' comes from seeing games live and being part of a community of likeminded people, which I think is always missing if you're supporting a European club all the way from Australia.

I'll tell you something i understand but none of YOU do.....you have no idea what it's like to be left utterly stranded on your own far from home. No way to get back, and no one to give comfort.

But you eventually got back, right ? Or are you still there ?

Erghhhh **** off to bigsoccer you drainers :mad:
make us....

29mar0i.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back