Things That Make You Cringe.

Remove this Banner Ad

i send the memories with the kids to them on our whatsapp group - it is good looking at those type of memories

not so much the ones back when we used to type whatever was on our mind at the time:
'feel like i might have a big one at the pub tonight'
'geez that guy from geelong is a s**t footballer'

Mine are all related to test cricket it seems ha ha “get rid of Nathan Hauritz” etc

Watching management types gush over folks self forming a function that was missing, knowing that those same management types laid off the folks that were providing that function 6 months ago as part of the most recent restructure wave.

I can tell you one thing, what happened to me a few days ago is rather cringeworthy in the way that even when I think about it, I have trouble thinking about talking about it in a way that doesn't sound like it came straight out of Family Guy. Basically feels like the ol' Nigerian prince scam...except replace the Nigerian prince's email with a family from Dubai randomly pulling up next to me in a parking lot, apparently trying to get to Florida (and folks, you aint getting from Wisconsin to Florida quickly unless you're boarding a plane at Milwaukee's airport. We were nowhere near said airport). And throw in the husband desperately thrusting gold jewelry in my hand while escalating how much cash he was asking for...I shoulda said I didn't have any cash on me, but I stupidly gave them $200 they probably didn't need...and then dude had the gall to ask for something like $3000 :sweat: Yeah, no. Not for all this gold you seem insanely desperate to offload, not for your car, not for your firstborn.
I thought I'd shoved all this suspect gold back to the guy, but shortly afterward I reached into my coat pocket kinda absently...and realized there was a gold chain I hadn't rid myself of (and I later realized I also still had a ring). If the weather were better then and I wasn't so weirded out by the whole thing, I might have considered going to a pawn shop to at least get something out of this debacle...but this was such a headache that I just wanted to be done with the whole thing, not even caring if these things were real or not (apparently something like 18 karat, when I took a better look). Figuring what the hell, I left the chain and ring in the tip jar of the Mexican restaurant a few blocks from my house...what's one more questionable decision, eh?

Shit like this

344916990_939448493864450_5242791341105783880_n.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Masterchef is not reality TV though.

It seems like reality tv to me, I know it's also a cooking show but it has elements of reality tv shows, eliminations, manufactured drama, journeys etc.

I get the occasional historical "see your post from this day x years ago".

16-25 year old me is not someone 35 year old me wants anything to do with.
My Facebook was hacked and I lost all my pre-30 content.

I feel about five years of my life that I've completely lost for good. I lived a bit quicker and more reckless back then and some of the memories that used to pop up were literally not memories at all. They were nice surprises of the times and people I was with back then.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Things That Make You Cringe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back