Society & Culture Things that Make You Feel Old

Remove this Banner Ad

I've recently started wearing going out trackpants and I can appreciate a rip would be frustrating. But it's just a matter of time before anyone under 40 rejects them as an acceptable thing to wear.
I'm under 40 and have 'nice' trackies and home trackies. Who doesn't deem trackies acceptable, I'll fight them

I'm under 40 and have 'nice' trackies and home trackies. Who doesn't deem trackies acceptable, I'll fight them
Come The Rock GIF by WWE

There is no such thing as 'nice' trackies. They have no place outside the home once you pass the age of about 15.

Come The Rock GIF by WWE

There is no such thing as 'nice' trackies. They have no place outside the home once you pass the age of about 15.
Very wrong! You can get some nice fitting ones, worn with sneakers/hoodie and it looks fine for going the shops, mates houses, a cafe etc. if they're loose, they're the ones for home

I would suggest nice trackies are no less acceptable than thongs/flip flops!

I've recently started wearing going out trackpants and I can appreciate a rip would be frustrating. But it's just a matter of time before anyone under 40 rejects them as an acceptable thing to wear.

I was waiting for someone to pick up on that sentence, and I'm stunned that the first response was positive! :D

Very wrong! You can get some nice fitting ones, worn with sneakers/hoodie and it looks fine for going the shops, mates houses, a cafe etc. if they're loose, they're the ones for home

I would suggest nice trackies are no less acceptable than thongs/flip flops!
Thongs/flip flops are also unacceptable, you're making my case for me.

Is it medical intervention, rather than age, that differentiates "falling over" and "having a fall"?

I think it's usually age, once they get old they can drop over very easily, gets scary.

My mum wasn't old (67 when she died) but when in the hospital she was getting frail from the cancer treatment and hit the deck one night. I saw her in the morning and she looked like she'd gone the distance with Tyson!

Was kind of worried that others walking past thought I might have been the perpetrator, awkward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to the shops in them after work now, if I don't get any female attention I'm calling this a lie rather than me not being as handsome as the_interloper who gets lots of attention every day... or so we're told

I learnt what a "thirst trap" is from a younger female work colleague, I try to avoid doing this, trackies and a metal or boxing tshirt usually does the trick I find.

Haven't worn my recently purchased 60 dollar suit yet, I'm sure that will create a thirst trap!

I learnt what a "thirst trap" is from a younger female work colleague, I try to avoid doing this, trackies and a metal or boxing tshirt usually does the trick I find.

Haven't worn my recently purchased 60 dollar suit yet, I'm sure that will create a thirst trap!
$60 suit and a heavy spray of Lynx Africa will see them queuing around the corner I assume

I think it's usually age, once they get old they can drop over very easily, gets scary.

My mum wasn't old (67 when she died) but when in the hospital she was getting frail from the cancer treatment and hit the deck one night. I saw her in the morning and she looked like she'd gone the distance with Tyson!

Was kind of worried that others walking past thought I might have been the perpetrator, awkward.
I think it’s because balance gets a bit worse, ankle and knee joints become less strong, reactions get a bit slower. If there’s also an illness like your mother’s, that just adds another difficulty. We need to not overestimate our ability to do things, don’t try to keep up with the youngies out of misplaced pride.

Hold onto handrails, use a non-slip mat in the shower, don’t be too proud to accept assistance. Be mindful and realistic about what you can do.

I am 31 and wear trackies when going to the shops for groceries.

When one is buying a bachelors handbag (BBQ chicken from coles/woolies), Lettuce, Milk and Bread, there is no nead for pants with flys or belt holes.

I am there on a purpose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture Things that Make You Feel Old

Remove this Banner Ad

Back