Society & Culture Things that Make You Feel Old

Remove this Banner Ad

I am 31 and wear trackies when going to the shops for groceries.

When one is buying a bachelors handbag (BBQ chicken from coles/woolies), Lettuce, Milk and Bread, there is no nead for pants with flys or belt holes.

I am there on a purpose.

But do you wear going out trackies? Or ones you would be embarrassed to answer the front door in?

Pockets is another thing. In proper pants I know what's going on. Keys in my right front pocket, phone in left front, wallet in rear right. My going out trackies only have two front pockets. Do I leave the phone in the car for few minutes or stuff my pockets?

TRACKIES in public ?/????

chris-tucker-friday.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it medical intervention, rather than age, that differentiates "falling over" and "having a fall"?
I'd put it, that it's not so much the fall, but the ease of getting back up. Injuries take longer to heal as you age, but most have hurt themselves with a fall / falling over at some point, long before they are 'old'. I'd say one of the key indicators of being 'physically' old, is you can't get up from a sitting on the ground without using some sort of assistance. With 'getting old' physically, that you can't do it without using your hands.

I'd put it, that it's not so much the fall, but the ease of getting back up. Injuries take longer to heal as you age, but most have hurt themselves with a fall / falling over at some point, long before they are 'old'. I'd say one of the key indicators of being 'physically' old, is you can't get up from a sitting on the ground without using some sort of assistance. With 'getting old' physically, that you can't do it without using your hands.
You can do it as long as your knees, back, ankles can take the weight and your muscles haven't shrunk. Try doing squats as you age, it becomes more and more difficult, ending in impossible.

Well, I survived the angiogram. What a strange experience. I could feel the probe when it was near my heart. The worst part of the experience was the seven tries to get the cannula for the IV in. I have bruises on both arms. I'm on blood thinner, so it looks like my arms have been used as punching bags.

I have one blocked artery on the right side, but the connecting small arteries seem to have become a bypass for it. An artery on the left side is partially blocked, but I didn't have a stent put in at this time. One concern was the dye that was used which could have affected my kidneys especially since I have Chronic Kidney Disease. I had a blood test done afterwards which turned out OK. No change in my meds at this time. But I'll stay on a blood thinner and 100mg of aspirin.

I'll have a follow up with my cardiologist in a month and see my GP in two weeks and we'll go from there. I really am exhausted after the experience. The people at Epworth Richmond were great. Even the food was better than my retirement village. I might just go there again for a holiday.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

But do you wear going out trackies? Or ones you would be embarrassed to answer the front door in?

Pockets is another thing. In proper pants I know what's going on. Keys in my right front pocket, phone in left front, wallet in rear right. My going out trackies only have two front pockets. Do I leave the phone in the car for few minutes or stuff my pockets?
Wallet and keys in the same pocket

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture Things that Make You Feel Old

Remove this Banner Ad

Back