Social Science Things that please me - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pete Buttigieg

I don't think he'll become president but just having a gay man in contention tickles me pink.

Deep-State tool backed by the Obamas Israeli lobby....Don't give a shit if he's gay or not, they're using him to rob Bernie & Democracy blind, once again.

It's groundhog day - circa 2016 - over at the DNC head-quarters....What's going down currently in Iowa is an unmitigated rort & a disgrace.

The boy has zero chance against Trump which is what this is all about.

Just back from South Africa where my wife and I spent 4 days inside Kruger, with one of those days being on a Safari tour, and the other 3 doing self drive tours, getting in the gates at 5.30am.

We spotted everything we wanted but the Leopard still remained elusive (including a couple of days last year where all we saw was a quick tail jumping out of a tree).

On our final day with about half an hour before we were to leave the park, we are driving down a quiet, bendy dirt road and I spotted it. I stopped the car and said, "I got it"... slowly reversed the car up and 5 metres from the road up a tree was our first leopard sighting, at the last hour, after 6 days looking up in trees. I can't really express how great it felt, except it was similar Richmond finally winning the cup in 2017, it was that kinda feeling. **** I love that place.

IMG_5818.JPG

Just back from South Africa where my wife and I spent 4 days inside Kruger, with one of those days being on a Safari tour, and the other 3 doing self drive tours, getting in the gates at 5.30am.
We spotted everything we wanted but the Leopard still remained elusive (including a couple of days last year where all we saw was a quick tail jumping out of a tree).
On our final day with about half an hour before we were to leave the park, we are driving down a quiet, bendy dirt road and I spotted it. I stopped the car and said, "I got it"... slowly reversed the car up and 5 metres from the road up a tree was our first leopard sighting, at the last hour, after 6 days looking up in trees. I can't really express how great it felt, except it was similar Richmond finally winning the cup in 2017, it was that kinda feeling. fu** I love that place.

View attachment 820721

Hmmmmmm…..Sounding like a tall tale indeed....Nice piccy's though.

Nice work. I spent 5 days on safari in Tanzania, luckily did see one leopard in that time - they're difficult to spot. Plenty of people miss out.

I can't really express how great it felt, except it was similar Richmond finally winning the cup in 2017
i'm sorry you found it so disappointing... ;)

great shot though, SA is high on my list to go to for the wildlife alone

Turns out kids getting older means you get busier. A relatively new job and dog have kept me busy too. I haven’t been in here for a while and just enjoyed a little time reading through some threads.

A couple of other things. My youngest turns 5 on the weekend. Looking forward to the little guy being excited and having a bunch of people over.

The sun is still up when I get home from work now. Loving the days getting longer.

Also, Stones announcing a Vancouver date. Might have to treat myself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be time to invest in A cat....I'm not A fan of Cats, but if they can catch & kill rats, then they almost justify their existence.....almost.

I would rather a rat
Plus the dog would make it a meal oF it (the cat)

Reminds me of a book I loved reading my kids - the House that Jack Built :p

And 15 minutes later we found this cute couple....

View attachment 820742

We left very satisfied.

Did you see any animals kill other animals?

Hmmmmmm…..Sounding like a tall tale indeed....Nice piccy's though.

1vuijk.gif

Would be the best part to see a lion or cheetah take down its prey
Lions are beautiful enough on their own. We were down the arse end of Hwange one time and we found a pride just sunning themselves with a couple of cubs running around playing silly buggers, we sat for a good forty five minutes just watching and taking photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back