Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for your story, congratulations and good luck!

My late mum left school at age 14, even though she won a scholarship to a good high school, as she had to help support her family. All her life she valued education, first for her kids and also for herself, undertaking several short courses in creative writing, history and art. At the same age as you are now, she finally achieved her HSC by correspondence, graduating from high school 🥲
I had a very old fashioned father who didn’t believe women should be educated. I was told “you can either go to Edward’s secretarial college or marry well.” My husband encouraged me to go to uni, after we had our son, and it was the best thing I ever did for my self confidence.
I was the first journalism student to have three articles published in Curtin’s newspaper (The Western Independent) and was chosen to represent Curtin’s Media School when Media Watch did a special celebration on campus (I think it was a 50th anniversary).
I’ve managed to take out most awards in the course I’ve just completed. I felt the need to work harder than others to put myself in a good position with my ageism fears.

I had a very old fashioned father who didn’t believe women should be educated. I was told “you can either go to Edward’s secretarial college or marry well.” My husband encouraged me to go to uni, after we had our son, and it was the best thing I ever did for my self confidence.
I was the first journalism student to have three articles published in Curtin’s newspaper (The Western Independent) and was chosen to represent Curtin’s Media School when Media Watch did a special celebration on campus (I think it was a 50th anniversary).
I’ve managed to take out most awards in the course I’ve just completed. I felt the need to work harder than others to put myself in a good position with my ageism fears.
You’re a bloody ripper fg! What a great story.

That’s pretty cool
Might be a good tracking map for coaches
Cheers. The idea is that you can input any stat and get a visual output of the possession chain it occurred in.

For example, Banfield's goal last round:
output.gif

That’s super cool
How much input from you would a stat like that one take ?
Anything. A single possession, disposal, free kick, etc. I have a web interface that gives me a few dropdown menus of options which gives me a 2d version initially - and from there I can generate a 3D version.
1719359019403.png

Anything. A single possession, disposal, free kick, etc. I have a web interface that gives me a few dropdown menus of options which gives me a 2d version initially - and from there I can generate a 3D version.
View attachment 2030470
Ok, so the recall is pretty simple, but I think what Madas was asking is where are you scraping the data from that provides coordinates?

Ok, so the recall is pretty simple, but I think what Madas was asking is where are you scraping the data from that provides coordinates?
That's a great question

At least we're on the same page then! ;)

Is this just a point of interest or hobby, or are you looking to develop this into a commercial offering?
Just something to do. I used to do a lot of geospatial coding for work, and I find it very interesting.

The reality is I shouldn't have the data, so any commercial endeavour will have the AFL asking the same questions you've asked lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back