Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm still angry, I had tickets to them in 1997 in Sydney and then the b******s split up and I never got to see them!

They were one of the headliners at a rock festival I went to in Portugal in 2000 but not the night we were there unfortunately.

We were there on Friday night and they were headlining on Sunday night and we couldn't stick around that long to see them.

We got to see Bush headlining instead with Beck, Placebo and Elastica supporting them so we couldn't complain too much.

I would love to go and see Oasis next year in the UK but I don't want to spend a fortune on flights and tickets to see them.

Scalpers are charging 6,000 quid and upwards for tickets which is ridiculous especially when Oasis could be a no show again.

First CD I ever bought with my own money was Definitely Maybe - subsequently I've bought every CD released in Aus, when traveling (particularly through the USA) I love finding music stores that sell second hand CDs as I've picked up a few "international releases" that weren't released in Aus

So this weeks news was definitely exciting and had me trying to work out how to incorporate the UK into an overseas holiday next year

But the odds are already out for when will they break up again

1725110720038.png

Definitely Maybe is one of the all time great rock albums.

You had to listen to it loud to fully appreciate the "wall of sound" and I listened to it loud in my sharehouse back in the 90s.

I don't think my neighbours appreciated it especially when I came home drunk from the pubs and blasted it at full volume.

Last edited:

Interesting video where they buried their drummer Tony McCarroll who got the boot after Definitely Maybe for a new drummer.

The Gallaghers were critical of McCarroll's musical ability, with Noel saying: "I like Tony as a geezer but he wouldn't have been able to drum the new songs."[

He must have done something to piss off the Gallaghers as I thought his drumming on Definitely Maybe was pretty damn good.

At least he isn't bitter about it.

Definitely Maybe is one of the all time great rock albums.

You had to listen to it loud to fully appreciate the "wall of sound" and I listened to it loud in my sharehouse back in the 90s.

I don't think my neighbours appreciated it especially when I came home drunk from the pubs and blasted it at full volume.

Great album but WTSMG is my favourite.

Following on from last night's chat

BREAKING NEWS: New rumoured OASIS tour dates for Asia, Australia, and South America!

Asia:
October 4th - Japan (National Stadium)
October 5th - Japan (National Stadium)
October 10th - South Korea (Olympic Stadium)
October 11th - South Korea (Olympic Stadium)

Australia:
November 1st - Australia (Perth Stadium)
November 2nd - Australia (Perth Stadium)
November 7th - New Zealand (Eden Park)
November 8th - New Zealand (Eden Park)

South America:
November 29th - Brazil (Maecana Stadium)
November 30th - Brazil (Marcana Stadium)
December 5th - Argentina (River Plate Stadium)
December 6th - Argentina (River Plate Stadium)

What are the odds of Noel and Liam getting through a long flight to Australia together without getting in a punch up?

They might have to fly out here on separate planes if they do a tour here.

Great album but WTSMG is my favourite.

That is a great album too but I would still rate Definitely Maybe slightly ahead of it.

Their albums dropped off pretty badly after those two albums though, I didn't bother buying any of them.

It's crazy to think that they'll come to Australia and only do Perth when they have to fly over the rest of the country to get to new Zealand
Did it for coldplay. And there will be more like this. New bidding war. Forget sports events like grand prix etc. Its concerts with little or no outlay as stadium is all you need

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did it for coldplay. And there will be more like this. New bidding war. Forget sports events like grand prix etc. Its concerts with little or no outlay as stadium is all you need
Meanwhile people are homeless and governments are bidding over getting exclusive concerts..

Oh yeh 100%. But they can do both. Say $10m for this one off versus BILLIONs annually for housing.
Bidding to get gigs or exclude other cities from getting gigs just seems pretty shit late stage capitalism

The tickets are still going to be full price but now you're further limiting who can get them

Not a fan of the concept

Bidding to get gigs or exclude other cities from getting gigs just seems pretty shit late stage capitalism

The tickets are still going to be full price but now you're further limiting who can get them

Not a fan of the concept
Yep but with west coast being constantly skipped even tho can get 80K thru the gate, i guess thats their policy angle. Try get a return. Does set it up precedence though.

Perth used to miss out on a lot of big bands when they toured Australia but now it seems to be one of their main destinations.

It helps that there is a bigger stadium that makes it worth their while plus the WA govt offering them big bucks to come here.

I prefer to see bands at smaller venues like pubs rather than big stadiums though where you are usually miles from the stage.

Following on from last night's chat

BREAKING NEWS: New rumoured OASIS tour dates for Asia, Australia, and South America!

Asia:
October 4th - Japan (National Stadium)
October 5th - Japan (National Stadium)
October 10th - South Korea (Olympic Stadium)
October 11th - South Korea (Olympic Stadium)

Australia:
November 1st - Australia (Perth Stadium)
November 2nd - Australia (Perth Stadium)
November 7th - New Zealand (Eden Park)
November 8th - New Zealand (Eden Park)

South America:
November 29th - Brazil (Maecana Stadium)
November 30th - Brazil (Marcana Stadium)
December 5th - Argentina (River Plate Stadium)
December 6th - Argentina (River Plate Stadium)

Where has this come from?

Why does this work soo well
AI mashup of mad world and 9-5

There's a heap of those on YouTube I was watching the other night. Pick songs with similar/same chords, alter the tempo of both so it still makes sense rhythmically and bob's your uncle.

One which sticks in my mind was I was Made for Loving You/Boogie Wonderland. Kiss/Earth,Wind and Fire.

Remove this Banner Ad

Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back