Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Damn, not a mod any more so I can't give the big green tick react

✅ Will a little one do?
Yep that will do
✅

Back on subject I nearly disowned my 16 year old a few years ago , I never thought it would be possible to dislike your own kids but believe me it is

Anyway he’s a lot better since he left high school. Still testing though at times but I guess that’s the repercussions of not keeping it in my pants 😁

It’s his Birthday tomorrow and I do love him and his older brother dearly
Won’t be unhappy when they both move out of home though ( perhaps a little sad )

Yep that will do
✅

Back on subject I nearly disowned my 16 year old a few years ago , I never thought it would be possible to dislike your own kids but believe me it is

Anyway he’s a lot better since he left high school. Still testing though at times but I guess that’s the repercussions of not keeping it in my pants 😁

It’s his Birthday tomorrow and I do love him and his older brother dearly
Won’t be unhappy when they both move out of home though ( perhaps a little sad )
Similar. Boys can be just as difficult, if not more. There were some anxious years* but fortunately he (and we!) came through and he’s evolved into a productive adult.

There seems to be a fork in the road of adolescence and you just have to hope that better choices are made. Drugs are such a terrifying lure, combined with peer pressure.

* No drugs TG

Similar. Boys can be just as difficult, if not more. There were some anxious years* but fortunately he (and we!) came through and he’s evolved into a productive adult.

There seems to be a fork in the road of adolescence and you just have to hope that better choices are made. Drugs are such a terrifying lure, combined with peer pressure.

* No drugs TG
👍
Touch wood we’ve been really lucky with our kids so far 🤞

The young one doesn’t touch anything, not even a drop of alcohol

The older one doesn’t mind a drink every now and again but prefers being fit and healthy

Not sure where either of them got these traits from
His mother and I were fiends when we were their age 😁

My daughter and I went through a little less than a decade long rough patch due to drugs

It took a long long long time to rebuild the trust and even now that waivers every so often.

I never stopped loving her, but there were quite a few times that I didn’t like her

Went back to uni 3 years ago at the age of 35. Today I completed my final exam and will graduate with Distinction.
Congratulations! 👏

Mature age students are a lot more focussed than they might have been had they gone on to higher education straight from school. Both my brother and I went into teaching, me after four years, him after about ten. Our mother got her HSC in her late 50s.

Congratulations! 👏

Mature age students are a lot more focussed than they might have been had they gone on to higher education straight from school. Both my brother and I went into teaching, me after four years, him after about ten. Our mother got her HSC in her late 50s.
I'm testament to that
Straight from school did engineering but eventually my natural intelligence lost out to my lack of effort.

This time the effort very much won. Although it's amazing how motivational the threat of divorce is, if I was to put my wife through all this and then not passing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back