Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve never seen a bloke wear so many bad fitting suits in my life. It’s like his body shape forbids a good fit

I have a similar body shape to Robbo and have had trouble getting a good fit with suits, if the jacket is a good fit then the pants are usually too big or too long or if the pants are a good fit the jacket is too small, you usually need to get one of them altered.

It's more important to get the right fitting jacket though as it's easier to get the pants altered and the pants are under the desk.

Robbo didn't seem to get anything altered though and just rolled with a bad fitting suit straight off the rack, not his fault though as most suits are made for the Gerard Whateley types not the Robbo types.

Last edited:
The first suit I bought for my first office job was a navy blue suit on my dad's advice as he said black suits were only for funerals.

I felt like a dickhead though as the other guys in the office were wearing black suits so I bought one to fit in even though it didn't fit as well as my more expensive navy blue suit, I also bought one of those olive green suits that were all the rage in the late 90s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I last bought tailored suits about 15 years ago, last time I was in Singapore. Measured up, came back the day after to have a trial fitting, suits, extra pants and half a dozen shirts were waiting for me at work when I flew back. Bloody marvellous.

Bought another suit two weeks ago here in Melbourne, to have one made to measure was going to be a minimum of 6 weeks and add another 2-4 weeks for tailoring. In the end bought off the peg and had it altered. The alterations took a week.

When I was in Bangkok every tuktuk driver wanted to take me to a suit store or to a knock shop, "you like suit or you like lady?".

I didn't want to be taken to either of them, I just wanted to be taken to the place I wanted to go, I didn't need a suit or a root.

I rarely wear suits. I reckon I just run down to the cheapest shop (used to be lowes but they don't do them any more) and get one whenever I needed. I think the only times I've had a tailored suit are for my own wedding and my mates wedding.

I rarely wear suits. I reckon I just run down to the cheapest shop (used to be lowes but they don't do them any more) and get one whenever I needed. I think the only times I've had a tailored suit are for my own wedding and my mates wedding.
My dad jokes that he's owned two suits in his life and he's been married in both of them.

I know the medical system in our country gets a bad wrap but the last couple of weeks has shown how good we have it.

My wife's hairdresser found a spot on her scalp 2 weeks ago on a Saturday. We were able to get her into a GP appointment first thing on the Monday, referral straight to a dermatologist and appointment booked in on the Tuesday.

Dermatologist found a couple of other spots which she wasn't happy with so booked in a biopsy on the Friday.

Results the following Tuesday and appointment with a plastic surgeon to remove the spots on the Wednesday and now booked in for surgery this coming Monday.

All done in just over two weeks.

I know this isn't everyone's experience with our medical system but I shudder to think what would happen if we lived in the states and how much it would cost us.

I know the medical system in our country gets a bad wrap but the last couple of weeks has shown how good we have it.

My wife's hairdresser found a spot on her scalp 2 weeks ago on a Saturday. We were able to get her into a GP appointment first thing on the Monday, referral straight to a dermatologist and appointment booked in on the Tuesday.

Dermatologist found a couple of other spots which she wasn't happy with so booked in a biopsy on the Friday.

Results the following Tuesday and appointment with a plastic surgeon to remove the spots on the Wednesday and now booked in for surgery this coming Monday.

All done in just over two weeks.

I know this isn't everyone's experience with our medical system but I shudder to think what would happen if we lived in the states and how much it would cost us.
I hope it all turns out well for Mrs Blueboy ❤️

Remove this Banner Ad

Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back