Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

I know the medical system in our country gets a bad wrap but the last couple of weeks has shown how good we have it.

My wife's hairdresser found a spot on her scalp 2 weeks ago on a Saturday. We were able to get her into a GP appointment first thing on the Monday, referral straight to a dermatologist and appointment booked in on the Tuesday.

Dermatologist found a couple of other spots which she wasn't happy with so booked in a biopsy on the Friday.

Results the following Tuesday and appointment with a plastic surgeon to remove the spots on the Wednesday and now booked in for surgery this coming Monday.

All done in just over two weeks.

I know this isn't everyone's experience with our medical system but I shudder to think what would happen if we lived in the states and how much it would cost us.
I can't fault it at the moment, I had a doctor's appointment on a Monday morning, he told me to get a EKG, which I did 20 mins later, doctor had the results next day and called me and told me I had to see a cardiologist and he had already booked a appointment me for the next morning, no one believes me how quick it all happened

I know the medical system in our country gets a bad wrap but the last couple of weeks has shown how good we have it.

My wife's hairdresser found a spot on her scalp 2 weeks ago on a Saturday. We were able to get her into a GP appointment first thing on the Monday, referral straight to a dermatologist and appointment booked in on the Tuesday.

Dermatologist found a couple of other spots which she wasn't happy with so booked in a biopsy on the Friday.

Results the following Tuesday and appointment with a plastic surgeon to remove the spots on the Wednesday and now booked in for surgery this coming Monday.

All done in just over two weeks.

I know this isn't everyone's experience with our medical system but I shudder to think what would happen if we lived in the states and how much it would cost us.

I reckon the Australian health system is one of, if not the best in the world. I could get a bulk billing doctor's appointment tomorrow. A free blood test result within a day or two. We also have affordable private health schemes.

In the US the free care would be very poor quality and the private very expensive. In the UK the NHS is all about free care but in some places it's very hard to get to see a GP or dentist. Then NHS staff will scold you if you elect to use private health.

Remove this Banner Ad

Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back