Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

I can understand a $25 deposit in total. That's enough to not frivolously book a couple of different places and pick one at the last minute. But charging $25 for one person not being able to attend is outrageous. Even if only four of us rock up they are likely to get about $300 business from us.

If it was up to me I would tell the place to stick it and go somewhere else but trying to get the five of us to agree to a venue and time has been like herding kittens.

It's prob to stop people changing there minds etc .
Or a pre covid thing ..

I've never done anything like that .
We've booked this place for a reason.

That's a nice set of bloomers you had there.

But I reckon Just Joeys would be a good name for an Aussie underwear/swimwear brand.

"Budgie smugglers cramping your style? A real man needs Joey smugglers".

Side gig for you underwear model :moustache:

It's prob to stop people changing there minds etc .
Or a pre covid thing ..

I've never done anything like that .
We've booked this place for a reason.
I think its actually more for struggling hospo joints to either have some accountability or recoup some costs.

I dont really have an issue with it as a broad idea BUT

• $25 pr person is outrageous.
  • It probably needs to be balanced. If someone is gonna wind up losing $100 by not going when theyre actually sick or whatever some people would just go, thats a much worse outcome for everyone

I think its actually more for struggling hospo joints to either have some accountability or recoup some costs.

I dont really have an issue with it as a broad idea BUT

• $25 pr person is outrageous.
  • It probably needs to be balanced. If someone is gonna wind up losing $100 by not going when theyre actually sick or whatever some people would just go, thats a much worse outcome for everyone
Hospo places also have a PH sur charge aswell.

maybe people think it's not worth going out for dinner as they used to is worth anymore ..
it's not cheap these days .

Hospo places also have a PH sur charge aswell.

maybe people think it's not worth going out for dinner as they used to is worth anymore ..
it's not cheap these days .
Some have a weekend surcharge too. Plus beer tax increase etc etc.

Not specifically related to the no show charge but yeh, i cant say heading out for dinner and a drink it high on my priority list given the cossy lives situation.

Some have a weekend surcharge too. Plus beer tax increase etc etc.

Not specifically related to the no show charge but yeh, i cant say heading out for dinner and a drink it high on my priority list given the cossy lives situation.
Maybe others think the same .

I not think the quality of food and service is as good as it used to be.
But the prices are higher.

A bottle of scotch is $60 for 20 shots
Shots are being sold for $12 or so a pop

Fair margin?

I wish the government would wind in excise tax a bit though, absolute rort
And what else do they have to pay for other than the bottle?
The liquor licence
The bartenders wage
The shot glass
The venue
The power
Etc
Might take them a while to sell the 20 shots too

I was at a restaurant the other week that didnt serve alcohol (completely fine, their call) but were charging $26 for a 2L tower of soft drink. 2L of Coke for $26.90…

I was absolutely staggered.

1726656770376.png

A bottle of scotch is $60 for 20 shots
Shots are being sold for $12 or so a pop

Fair margin?

I wish the government would wind in excise tax a bit though, absolute rort
I don't work in a bar but for a restaurant group.
To give you an idea, labour cost accounts for about 40% of revenue.
Food & bev costs (ingredients) approx. 37%
Rent/electricity/gas/taxes etc 18%

I was at a restaurant the other week that didnt serve alcohol (completely fine, their call) but were charging $26 for a 2L tower of soft drink. 2L of Coke for $26.90…

View attachment 2114395
But its a tower!
🙄

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 2114395

And if it's that post mix stuff it's incredibly cheap, like a few cents a glass i think, that's a good margin business I want to be involved in!

View attachment 2114395
Howdy neighbour!!

And I won't go to Volcano's, been an absolute rort for ages only bested by Criniti's.

Charge like wounded bulls the pair of them.

Howdy neighbour!!

And I won't go to Volcano's, been an absolute rort for ages only bested by Criniti's.

Charge like wounded bulls the pair of them.
I certainly won't be going back - was a big group thing and everyone else was keen so didn't want to rock the boat. But certainly nothing worth returning for.

You're absolutely spot on with Criniti's. Gets by on the name, haven't been to one in years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back