Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

na she's been judged at fault already, she pulled out in front of me to turn into a side street, had nowhere to go
That's good, our car got written off (kinda good), and we got a new car and a pretty healthy payout of circa 22k, on a car we only payed 32k for 2 years ago.

RACV were great to deal with for us.

Earphones are provided with every phone aren’t they?
They've stopped including headphones and wall chargers now in most phones

No headphone jack port sucks

I hate it, makes me full old man yelling at clouds

I've resigned myself to the age of the $15 pint when I go out.
I was unprepared today to greet the age of the $15 schooner. Whoa

The first $14 glass of wine shocked me. Now there’s 3 inches of wine (firmly marked on the glass) for $14 and 2 inches for $9 😟.

It’s like a number of years ago when I went to the supermarket to buy a packet of laundry detergent and was surprised to find it had all been removed from the shelves. WTF?

The next time I went, it was back. But. The packaging was a bit different but the price was now 3 or 4 times what it had been before!

Yeah cheeky bastards are doing everything under the sun to push pints to $20.

$15 for schooner is robbery. What does that make a pot? 9.50 Pot. Insane

Don't blame the pubs. Blame the government tax on alcohol and landlords charging an arm and a leg for rent.

I think a pub should introduce escalating prices. First middy dunno $4-$5. Second $7. Third $9. Or something like that. Get some foot traffic and for people who buy say 4-5 it would be the same cost anyway but maybe a few would come in for a couple and then buy some bar snacks or even a full meal.
Dunno. Just spitballing here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know inflation has really hit hard when the Wharfie and Hooker pub is selling $15 schooners

I think a pub should introduce escalating prices. First middy dunno $4-$5. Second $7. Third $9. Or something like that. Get some foot traffic and for people who buy say 4-5 it would be the same cost anyway but maybe a few would come in for a couple and then buy some bar snacks or even a full meal.
Dunno. Just spitballing here.
Yeh I can see that making the bar peoples lives real easy

“ Waddya talking about ? This is only my second drink !”

IMG_8885.gif

You know inflation has really hit hard when the Wharfie and Hooker pub is selling $15 schooners
In fairness, this was an airport beer and holiday money isn't real money but still.

And the cocktails young people are fond of are way more than that! 😳
I hate paying $5 for a coke at the pub. I used to do the bar work at the local footy club and I can’t believe how much people spend on grog on a night out.

Lol 15 dollars is cheap. Ive often paid 50 dollars plus for cocktails and glasses of wine overseas in aud terms.
Everything is relative.

I paid 9 Euro for a bottle of Vodka in Paris in 2012. It's hardly relevant.

$15 for a pint of beer is very steep.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back