Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The boring part for me is smalltalk with coworkers, so I love when no one else shows up to the office
I used to be out in the warehouse by myself, wouldn't see any one for hours, now I moved into the office, i have to listen to the other guys talk about dungeons and dragons and how to defeat this person in Final Fantasy

ooookay...
Have a nice day.
Blah Blah Blah Reaction GIF

I used to be out in the warehouse by myself, wouldn't see any one for hours, now I moved into the office, i have to listen to the other guys talk about dungeons and dragons and how to defeat this person in Final Fantasy
Austin Powers Nerd GIF

Being bombarded with ads for vent covers. Free as part of the Victorian Energy Upgrade program.

vent cover.jpg

It's been really hard to keep the place warm this winter, so bit the bullet and started to surf some of the spam sites. Then it twigged. The vanes are moveable. I just need to poke them with a finger and they close. Just like I did last year, before re-opening them last summer.

Could kick myself.

Small heater now keeps the bedroom comfortably warm instead of being maxed out all night to no avail. :)

Being bombarded with ads for vent covers. Free as part of the Victorian Energy Upgrade program.

View attachment 2051356

It's been really hard to keep the place warm this winter, so bit the bullet and started to surf some of the spam sites. Then it twigged. The vanes are moveable. I just need to poke them with a finger and they close. Just like I did last year, before re-opening them last summer.

Could kick myself.

Small heater now keeps the bedroom comfortably warm instead of being maxed out all night to no avail. :)
At my joint it's basically an impossible task to keep warm. The entire en suite has been ripped up. There's not even a floor. Just a massive hole to under the house.

At the same time the laundry is also ripped up. Just with a bit of wood over the hole that needs fixing.

Complicated point of sales systems that slow down transactions.

Ringing up to order pizza? It used to be: say your order, they write it down, then confirm. Easy.

Now you are constantly repeating yourself as the operator fumbles around trying to find the right screen that has the drinks then finding the garlic breads, oh hang on can you repeat that?

Same at bars. They seriously have to press about twenty buttons to sell you a couple of beers.

Minor annoyance I know but that is what this thread is about

Complicated point of sales systems that slow down transactions.

Ringing up to order pizza? It used to be: say your order, they write it down, then confirm. Easy.

Now you are constantly repeating yourself as the operator fumbles around trying to find the right screen that has the drinks then finding the garlic breads, oh hang on can you repeat that?

Same at bars. They seriously have to press about twenty buttons to sell you a couple of beers.

Minor annoyance I know but that is what this thread is about
Thought this was going to be about the crowdstrike outage

Remove this Banner Ad

Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back