Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

People that pump fuel by coming in the wrong way.

We've got a servo near us that's always cheaper, hence it's always busy. Rather than be patient, people drive around to the front of the servo and then pull up facing the rear. This then makes it a logistical nightmare to get out because they're now facing the people that are queueing patiently.

The servo near me changed management.
They used to have one checkout just for fuel.The other for food plus fuel.
Since they changed the cars move slower from the pump people waiting for their food/coffee etc.

Cars won't move up into a park to let others pump.

a lot of the hoses these days wont go over or around to the other side, if there is two pumps in a row you can't move forward half the time either or if you do you're in the area cars use between the pumps and the parking to get out and yeah people can't drive for shit so good luck there

a lot of the hoses these days wont go over or around to the other side, if there is two pumps in a row you can't move forward half the time either or if you do you're in the area cars use between the pumps and the parking to get out and yeah people can't drive for shit so good luck there
I think bp have short hoses but shell seem to have longer ones

I think bp have short hoses but shell seem to have longer ones
it really depends on the servo, the older pumps used to have the arm that swiveled out so you could easily go over the other side but most of them now have a fixed high point over the pump

Shell could have different hoses but I pretty much never use Shell

People that pump fuel by coming in the wrong way.

We've got a servo near us that's always cheaper, hence it's always busy. Rather than be patient, people drive around to the front of the servo and then pull up facing the rear. This then makes it a logistical nightmare to get out because they're now facing the people that are queueing patiently.

Either way it only takes a few minutes. Can you imagine the shitshow if people have to jostle for places for electric chargers that might take up to an hour?

Either way it only takes a few minutes. Can you imagine the shitshow if people have to jostle for places for electric chargers that might take up to an hour?
It's a thing in the US where people with those fatarsed monster utes attach fake charge ports so they can get free parking at charging stations, just plug in the cable to the fake port and walk away.

'Murica.

Thats what she said
Benny Hill Laughing GIF by tylaum

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our power infrastructure can't cop air con in summer without collapsing. How is it going to hold up with 10 million cars charging on top of that.

Our power infrastructure can't cop air con in summer without collapsing. How is it going to hold up with 10 million cars charging on top of that.
They're already worried about too much solar power being fed back in.

I am sure they will figure it out.

Not a dumb question. Lack of surface area to provide enough energy for traction. You can put one on to keep your battery topped up, lots of 4WDs and caravans have them for that.

The Prius I got in 2010 had one, it kept the 12V system charged and ran a fan to keep the inside cooler when parked on hot days.

Not a dumb question. Lack of surface area to provide enough energy for traction. You can put one on to keep your battery topped up, lots of 4WDs and caravans have them for that.

The Prius I got in 2010 had one, it kept the 12V system charged and ran a fan to keep the inside cooler when parked on hot days.
Thank you, that’s very interesting

It's a thing in the US where people with those fatarsed monster utes attach fake charge ports so they can get free parking at charging stations, just plug in the cable to the fake port and walk away.

'Murica.

I saw a post on a local FB page earlier this week that was calling out someone who regularly parks their electric car in a public charging bay, leaving it for 10/12 hours over night - free charging & parking all sorted

Remove this Banner Ad

Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back