Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

I was meant to have this appointment during the holidays which start next week. However they called me last night to tell me that they have a cancellation and asked if I could make it today. So I didn't find out I had the appointment til late yesterday afternoon. Otherwise I would have told them earlier.
I get it, there are times where it's going to be unavoidable.

It's just the attitude of "**** them I'm entitled to my leave" that doesn't sit right with me. Not suggesting at all that's how you viewed your situation, was more in response to Cruyff.

The phrase “learnings” Yeah we had some learnings out of the game. There’s got to be a better phrase than this.
Corporate speak, though Google says it was first used in place of "lessons" in 1484, along with "enseignements".

Got a few visitors at the office today for a meeting with no care for others.

Morning tea time and I had to go and take a delivery, I leave my drink at my seat and go to the front. Come back and someone’s sat down in my seat, surely if there’s a drink there you can clearly tell someone might be sitting there? So I go and sit in a different seat and grab my drink…

Lessons served us perfectly well for centuries.

I can distinctly remember 'learnings' coming in in the early 00s. Now, whenever someone uses it I juts think "well, you're a bit of a dick" and pretty mush disregard anything else they have to say.
Do you think they learn from that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ordinarily yes, that is a very short turnaround to try and cover though, particularly if they're already short staffed.

Where possible, the unwritten rule wherever I've been is to try and give a weeks notice prior to taking any time away (be it for appointments or annual leave etc). Annual leave I would normally book a month in advance so they knew with plenty of time.

There are of course things that are unavoidable (death in the family etc) but we'd generally try and give as much notice as possible.
Different at a school. He's done them a huge favour coming in at all to be honest.

It's easy to cover 2 periods than 5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back