Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure that’s really a defence of it

Also not sure what other sources woukd be expected.
Witnesses?

Journos doing their job and not taking the police's word on everything then reporting it as fact would be a welcome change.

If it turns out one person threw an orange and that's an "acid attack", I would not be surprised.

Witnesses?

Journos doing their job and not taking the police's word on everything then reporting it as fact would be a welcome change.

If it turns out one person threw an orange and that's an "acid attack", I would not be surprised.
There were a stack of witnesses and footage of all sort of shit being thrown. Including literal shit and piss.

That the cops have said “including an irritant that had acid” isn’t really even the lead here. If you want it factual piss/acid.

I think most people know not to trust all media sources at this point but defense of the protestors behavior yesterday is pretty odd to me.

I wouldn't trust anything the cops say in defence of their violence

They assaulted identified medics and legal observers

There is footage of them shooting rubber bullets and pepper spraying people backing away with their hands up

People also should not be surprised how violent cops get around protests

Most of the time you just don't see as many incidents on camera

I wouldn't trust anything the cops say in defence of their violence

They assaulted identified medics and legal observers

There is footage of them shooting rubber bullets and pepper spraying people backing away with their hands up
Look I’m much more an ACAB than blue lives matter but the shit that went on yesterday being on the cops is just an insane stretch to me. I’m not defending all their actions and those that did the above should absolutely be punished (even though we know they won’t) but have a ****ing look at what the “protestors” were doing, that’s not defensible either.

defense of the protestors behavior
I haven't done that.

I'm questioning whether this "acid" thing is true. I doubt it.

Yet it is being touted as proven fact in headlines.

I haven't done that.

I'm questioning whether this "acid" thing is true. I doubt it.

Yet it is being touted as proven fact in headlines.
Isn’t it? Is piss not acid?

I’d argue it’s absolutely factual, might be sensationalized but that’s media.

Personally I reckon it was likely some form of powder with something caustic (probably drano or something) and irritating in it, I saw a stack of footage of “protestors” throwing that shit.

Really not sure protestors should be throwing anything at anyone personally.

Look I’m much more an ACAB than blue lives matter but the shit that went on yesterday being on the cops is just an insane stretch to me. I’m not defending all their actions and those that did the above should absolutely be punished (even though we know they won’t) but have a ****ing look at what the “protestors” were doing, that’s not defensible either.
But you are defending the cops by focusing on protesters

Oh they threw some rocks and bottles after literally being shot with rubber bullets
Smashed with batons
Tear gased, pepper spray
Charged with horses etc

Of course they did people fight back when cornered and attacked

The cops decided to violently clear the blockade and then cry about retaliation

And yeah sorry if your more outraged by horse poo being flung at cops than the cops violently assaulting people blocking entrance to weapons expo I gotta wonder where your priorities are

MSM is loving the outrage they are generating

Isn’t it? Is piss not acid?

I’d argue it’s absolutely factual, might be sensationalized but that’s media.

Personally I reckon it was likely some form of powder with something caustic (probably drano or something) and irritating in it, I saw a stack of footage of “protestors” throwing that shit.

Really not sure protestors should be throwing anything at anyone personally.
And cops shouldn't be firing into crowds but hey not much outrage about that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember the justified outrage on Bigfooty when someone in Sydney protesting the Covid lockdowns punched a horse.

Now attacking horses is acceptable for protestors and I always thought the Greens were on the same side as animal justice.
Are talking about the dickhead with the flag pole or the really misleading photo of the punch?
Second one at least was in Melbourne

I remember the justified outrage on Bigfooty when someone in Sydney protesting the Covid lockdowns punched a horse.

Now attacking horses is acceptable for protestors and I always thought the Greens were on the same side as animal justice.

Have the protestors tried to defend their attacks on mounted police & horses from yesterday?

Watching them literally throwing shit at them and then using plastic bread crates to try pushing at the horses, as far as I'm concerned is the quickest way to get people off side on your cause - no excuses for attacking animals

Are there a couple of whysky's you're happy to recommend?
Depends on your individual tastes and pricepoint.

Making the assumption you're not a huge whisky drinker and a price point up to $100 then I'd say:
For easy drinking blended scotch - Monkey shoulder
For easy drinking bourbon - Buffalo Trace
Something peaty (smokey) - Talisker 10 or Laphroaig Quarter Cask (both reguarly on sale for ~$100)
Something Irish - Redbreast 12 (wait for a sale)
Something scotch - Glenmorangie The Original
Something not Scotch - Penderyn Legend
Something Aussie (and Rye) - Gospel Straight Rye
Something Aussie (not Rye) - Morris Rutherglen Signature
Something not whisky - Gospel Apple Pie Moonshine

Depends on your individual tastes and pricepoint.

Making the assumption you're not a huge whisky drinker and a price point up to $100 then I'd say:
For easy drinking blended scotch - Monkey shoulder
For easy drinking bourbon - Buffalo Trace
Something peaty (smokey) - Talisker 10 or Laphroaig Quarter Cask (both reguarly on sale for ~$100)
Something Irish - Redbreast 12 (wait for a sale)
Something scotch - Glenmorangie The Original
Something not Scotch - Penderyn Legend
Something Aussie (and Rye) - Gospel Straight Rye
Something Aussie (not Rye) - Morris Rutherglen Signature
Something not whisky - Gospel Apple Pie Moonshine

Talisker is my go-to for a single malt

As a hobby I review whisky, having done 150 reviews or so over the last 4 years.

Posted one during the week where I gave the whisky 1/100 and wrote a longer than normal post around why it's garbage. The post got much, much more engagement than any other post previously, simply because I was more derisive and polarising than normal.

I can see now why news outlets now peddle click bait articles, it gets much more engagement in a way that simple reporting doesn't. We're screwed as a society.
As an example You only need to see how the RayGun debacle has turned her from an International embarrassment to a celebrity to grasp how cooked it all is.

Pretty sad really 😔

Remove this Banner Ad

Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back