Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s been pretty widely reported they were throwing an irritant at the cops which was checked after the fact and had “acid” in it. No one has reported sulfuric acid, could be citric acid for all we know.
One of the protest groups on twitter this morning mentioned butyric acid - which is rancid butter and stinks like hell. Take that for what its worth.

Depends on your individual tastes and pricepoint.

Making the assumption you're not a huge whisky drinker and a price point up to $100 then I'd say:
For easy drinking blended scotch - Monkey shoulder
For easy drinking bourbon - Buffalo Trace
Something peaty (smokey) - Talisker 10 or Laphroaig Quarter Cask (both reguarly on sale for ~$100)
Something Irish - Redbreast 12 (wait for a sale)
Something scotch - Glenmorangie The Original
Something not Scotch - Penderyn Legend
Something Aussie (and Rye) - Gospel Straight Rye
Something Aussie (not Rye) - Morris Rutherglen Signature
Something not whisky - Gospel Apple Pie Moonshine

Where are you finding Redbreast? I got a taster in a whisky pack and really enjoyed it. I haven't been able to find it anywhere since.

Depends on your individual tastes and pricepoint.

Making the assumption you're not a huge whisky drinker and a price point up to $100 then I'd say:
For easy drinking blended scotch - Monkey shoulder
For easy drinking bourbon - Buffalo Trace
Something peaty (smokey) - Talisker 10 or Laphroaig Quarter Cask (both reguarly on sale for ~$100)
Something Irish - Redbreast 12 (wait for a sale)
Something scotch - Glenmorangie The Original
Something not Scotch - Penderyn Legend
Something Aussie (and Rye) - Gospel Straight Rye
Something Aussie (not Rye) - Morris Rutherglen Signature
Something not whisky - Gospel Apple Pie Moonshine
Those are the 2 my brother drinks and Monkey Shoulder is the current poker scotch of choice - except for the donks drinking bourbon sugar drinks

I will pass this list on with many thanks

I remember the justified outrage on Bigfooty when someone in Sydney protesting the Covid lockdowns punched a horse.

He didn't punch a horse. He fended it off when the huge animal was barged towards him. All charges were eventually dropped but after he had spent 15 days in solitary confinement, denied access to his lawyer, and his identity and address given out.

The police had their own agenda. But I question why the media went along with the official narrative when they possessed clear evidence that the charges were bogus.

Thanks ash_1050 I am certainly in that category of drinker you described.
I find Irish Whiskey to be much more palatable.
What’s your thoughts on Slane Irish? (cheaper price point I know).

He didn't punch a horse. He fended it off when the huge animal was barged towards him. All charges were eventually dropped but after he had spent 15 days in solitary confinement, denied access to his lawyer, and his identity and address given out.

The police had their own agenda. But I question why the media went along with the official narrative when they possessed clear evidence that the charges were bogus.
It wouldn't have "barged towards him" had he not been there.

Everyone should have the right to peaceful protest. Throwing shit or screaming in the faces of passersby is completely unacceptable.

The police went too far. The protesters went too far. There’s no winners here and the message of the cause is lost.
The protesters* tried to enter the convention centre and also prevent attendees from going in. The police drove them back from the entry point and violence erupted. A much larger crowd had been expected, thus the police numbers were substantial and able to deal with the violence fairly quickly.

As for the message of the cause, what was it? I saw a Russian flag, Palestinian flags, indigenous flags, silly signs and costumes.

Reminds me of “my day” 😉 when we marched to Ban the Bomb. We would never have dreamed of doing this kind of stuff, you just didn’t.

*may or may not have been professional disrupters

All those fan boys who defended Sam Newman.
No one has heard from Newman since his racist rant about booing the Welcome to Country.
These people suffer no consequences .
These clowns got me banned from the Sam Newman podcast thread.
They are trash like Sam Newman is trash.
While I don't agree with Sam and think that the Grand Final is a perfect place to have a Welcome to Country the amount of times and places it is done is getting ridiculous. At some stage in the future I think there is going to be a backlash against it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be patronised by the welcome to country if I was aboriginal. We recognise the traditional owners of the land, well give it back you campaigners.

I think it is stupid when you have a middle aged white guy doing a welcome to country to start your team meeting Monday morning but like the vast majority you just go meh and sit through it.

There have been some surveys I’ve seen asking about the suitability of the welcome to country in meetings etc. asked of indigenous staff within the public sector and the results have been somewhere between “we like it” to “it’s fine”.

That’s good enough for me tbh.
Sure, but do others have the option to ignore it?

I can see both sides, btw.

Sure, but do others have the option to ignore it?

I can see both sides, btw.
Others being who?

I have no issue with it personally and some metrics indicate that indigenous people either like it have no issue with it.

It takes what, 30 seconds at the start of a meeting? And maybe a couple of minutes before a major event.

At most it is a minor inconvenience IMO. Sam and others banging on about it is old man yelling at clouds stuff to me.

Others being who?

I have no issue with it personally and some metrics indicate that indigenous people either like it have no issue with it.

It takes what, 30 seconds at the start of a meeting? And maybe a couple of minutes before a major event.

At most it is a minor inconvenience IMO. Sam and others banging on about it is old man yelling at clouds stuff to me.
nevertheless it’s not optional, is it. Not just old men - or women - aren’t keen. What if it was the Lord’s Prayer, which in past times filled the same function? Would you feel the same way? “It only takes a minute, it’s a small thing 🙄

nevertheless it’s not optional, is it. Not just old men - or women - aren’t keen. What if it was the Lord’s Prayer, which in past times filled the same function? Would you feel the same way? “It only takes a minute, it’s a small thing 🙄
I mean, those two things arent even in the same ballpark BUT alas i wouldnt really care, i think we had the lord prayer at school, im now an atheist, i didnt care then, i wouldnt care now.

I mean, those two things arent even in the same ballpark BUT alas i wouldnt really care, i think we had the lord prayer at school, im now an atheist, i didnt care then, i wouldnt care now.
I remember my first day of public school in Perth we had to recite the Lord's Prayer which I'd never heard of at the time.

Why doesn't the police commissioner keep his thoughts to himself rather than making comments on anti-war protestors?
You want him to keep his thoughts to himself, at a press conference, where hes being directly asked about it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back