Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be patronised by the welcome to country if I was aboriginal. We recognise the traditional owners of the land, well give it back you campaigners.

I think it is stupid when you have a middle aged white guy doing a welcome to country to start your team meeting Monday morning but like the vast majority you just go meh and sit through it.

That sounds more like an 'Acknowledgment of Country' rather than 'Welcome to Country' - similar but different

Written Acknowledgment of Country are also becoming more common in places

That sounds more like an 'Acknowledgment of Country' rather than 'Welcome to Country' - similar but different

Written Acknowledgment of Country are also becoming more common in places
Quite right, the surveys ive seen were also for Acknowledgement not Welcome.

Welcome to countries are generally pretty sparingly used.

While I don't agree with Sam and think that the Grand Final is a perfect place to have a Welcome to Country the amount of times and places it is done is getting ridiculous. At some stage in the future I think there is going to be a backlash against it.
No , the only backlash comes from racists. The AFL has a large amount of Indigenous players so it's a good forum for it.

He said anti-war protestors are hypocrites, it's not his place to ascribe hypocrisy.
1- Not what you said but appreciate the clarificaiton
2- I agree with him, anti-war protestors turning the fringes of the CBD into something resembling a war zone is pretty hypocritical.

It didn't resemble a war zone either. Anyway, the point is the ridiculous expo that shouldn't be there. They make huge profits spruiking weapons of death and the police have to wear the backlash
It certainly didnt resemble a peaceful protest. If you cant see a level of hypocrisy in anti-war protesters behaving violently (and not just to police) then im not sure what to tell you.

On the second point i agree with you (albeit i have a degree of pragmatism that these things are gonna happen anyway, whether its in Melbourne or not).

To me the point is actually that if your protest is universally condemned for its behavior then that protest was a complete waste of time. I get disruption to make a point but theres a line, this one leaped over it for me.

It certainly didnt resemble a peaceful protest. If you cant see a level of hypocrisy in anti-war protesters behaving violently (and not just to police) then im not sure what to tell you.

On the second point i agree with you (albeit i have a degree of pragmatism that these things are gonna happen anyway, whether its in Melbourne or not).

To me the point is actually that if your protest is universally condemned for its behavior then that protest was a complete waste of time. I get disruption to make a point but theres a line, this one leaped over it for me.

Absolutely, I mean everyone is talking about the protestors being ****wits rather than about their message, which does have some validity. I mean throwing horse shit at coppers, cmon guys.

Absolutely, I mean everyone is talking about the protestors being ****wits rather than about their message, which does have some validity. I mean throwing horse shit at coppers, cmon guys.
And not just horse sh!t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If police had pooper scoopers, there wouldn't have been any horse shit.

It wouldn't have "barged towards him" had he not been there.

In this country you are allowed to peacefully protest. The videos showed that he was just standing there and the policeman drove the huge horse towards him. It was a deliberate act of aggression by the copper. The evidence clearly showed he didn't punch the horse, he fended it off.

Like I said, the police had their own agenda. But why did the media go along with the official narrative when they possessed clear evidence that the charges were bogus?

Open plan offices.

I don’t want to hear you talking in your meetings all day.

Give everyone their own room.
Whilst I agree with people talking in their meetings in open plans, if everyone has their own room, just have everyone stay home...

Have meeting rooms, for meetings and still use open plan offices.

Whilst I agree with people talking in their meetings in open plans, if everyone has their own room, just have everyone stay home...

Have meeting rooms, for meetings and still use open plan offices.
Yep, would much prefer totally remote.

Or make it mandatory for people to use focus rooms/meeting rooms when on the phone/in a meeting.

In this country you are allowed to peacefully protest. The videos showed that he was just standing there and the policeman drove the huge horse towards him. It was a deliberate act of aggression by the copper. The evidence clearly showed he didn't punch the horse, he fended it off.

Like I said, the police had their own agenda. But why did the media go along with the official narrative when they possessed clear evidence that the charges were bogus?
I broadly agree with this but it also highlights the issue with Melbournes protests in particular on Wednesday.

There was nothing peaceful about that protests from the outset.

As I posted in the other thread it is so funny to me that these protestors (annoying pains in the arse) are less popular than the arms dealers in the expo. That's how low we think of these dropkicks

Personally, if there were 1000's of people disliking me more than them I'd really have to assess my life

The expo/their cause is completely overshadowed by how much everyone dislikes them. Incredible effort

Yep, would much prefer totally remote.

Or make it mandatory for people to use focus rooms/meeting rooms when on the phone/in a meeting.
The team I'm in all get along, go out for coffees, chat at work. It's a good office for morale and yet every single person would prefer WFH full time than the hybrid set-up we have (I dont mind a 5050 split tbh, no complaints personally).

We have meeting rooms and they are used properly. Do you not have meeting rooms? Quiet rooms are in every building I've been and people dont hesitate to use them

Why don't the police sack repeat offenders who are racist, domestic violence perpetrators, assault merchants and/or corrupt.
Why does the police union defend the bad cops every time and win?

That's whataboutism!

If police had pooper scoopers, there wouldn't have been any horse shit.

You're right, those poor protestors had no other option.

Remove this Banner Ad

Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back