Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

The team I'm in all get along, go out for coffees, chat at work. It's a good office for morale and yet every single person would prefer WFH full time than the hybrid set-up we have (I dont mind a 5050 split tbh, no complaints personally).

We have meeting rooms and they are used properly. Do you not have meeting rooms? Quiet rooms are in every building I've been and people dont hesitate to use them
I get along pretty well with my direct team as well and it is really helpful to be around the broader team for ozmosis learning and relationship building. We have a single anchor day where everyone is is and then its pretty flexible outside of that.

Most of the team come in 3 days a week. A few with young families do 2.

I think it works really well and senior management seem to agree

The team I'm in all get along, go out for coffees, chat at work. It's a good office for morale and yet every single person would prefer WFH full time than the hybrid set-up we have (I dont mind a 5050 split tbh, no complaints personally).

We have meeting rooms and they are used properly. Do you not have meeting rooms? Quiet rooms are in every building I've been and people dont hesitate to use them
We have meeting rooms and countless quiet/focus rooms.

2/9 of us happily use these when on a call, everyone else is happy to just speak out loud in the open plan.

I get along pretty well with my direct team as well and it is really helpful to be around the broader team for ozmosis learning and relationship building. We have a single anchor day where everyone is is and then its pretty flexible outside of that.

Most of the team come in 3 days a week. A few with young families do 2.

I think it works really well and senior management seem to agree
We are the same. Wednesdays is full team day in the office, outside of that it’s pretty flexible with 2/3 days from home.

Local Woolworths is “renovating” - it will no longer have the large yellow paper specials tags on the shelves. Instead, the regular small white price tag under the product will be substituted with a yellow one showing the special price. These can’t be seen from a distance, you have to examine all the products before you locate a special. 😡

I’m also expecting them to bring in the plastic trolleys I’ve seen at other stores, which are lighter but harder to manoeuvre. 😡

Local Woolworths is “renovating” - it will no longer have the large yellow paper specials tags on the shelves. Instead, the regular small white price tag under the product will be substituted with a yellow one showing the special price. These can’t be seen from a distance, you have to examine all the products before you locate a special. 😡

I’m also expecting them to bring in the plastic trolleys I’ve seen at other stores, which are lighter but harder to manoeuvre. 😡

Madness from them not highlighting the price.

Southern cross woolies is like that.

Was just in Woolies earlier.

Getting items for dinner .
The young girl said half the items in the deli getting taken out...might be replaced
He reakons in 5 years no more deli .

they got rid of the eye fillet bulk buy that were 35$ a kg .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was just in Woolies earlier.

Getting items for dinner .
The young girl said half the items in the deli getting taken out...might be replaced
He reakons in 5 years no more deli .

they got rid of the eye fillet bulk buy that were 35$ a kg .

Deli use to be the cheaper option, now you can buy things like Chook breasts from the fridge sections cheaper.

Oh if only.

These ones include timers that pause parts if you go too fast.

And the quizzes of course all have common sense answers except one stupid question where you have to read some irrelevant detail hidden away somewhere

How bout the ones where the videos pause if you minimize the page. I use to run these through firefox while I browsed the web on chrome lol.

Pretty topical. We have 9 mandatory courses to do, exec kicking and screaming about it

I did a 45 min course in 6 mins the other day. Just kept clicking next, the answers are common sense and you needed 80% to pass. Easy

I dont know why people complain about doing these, take the obvious short cut. Sometimes ours even gives you the answers

That said, if they are this easy and pointless, why the **** does it exist. Has anyone ever learned anything in them?

Where are you finding Redbreast? I got a taster in a whisky pack and really enjoyed it. I haven't been able to find it anywhere since.

Nicks The Wine Merchants do a sale of it a couple times a year. Also worth checking out their Lustau cask if you haven't already.

Thanks ash_1050 I am certainly in that category of drinker you described.
I find Irish Whiskey to be much more palatable.
What’s your thoughts on Slane Irish? (cheaper price point I know).

I haven't tried it, but there is some reasonable Irish whiskey around at that price. Jameson Stout Cask and Aldi's Irish whiskey 'Puca Small Batch' both punch above their price point. If you're going Teeling their Single Malt is the best of a middling bunch. Give the Redbreast 12 a try if you haven't already, it's well worth it if you can pick it up for ~$99 a bottle.

Pretty topical. We have 9 mandatory courses to do, exec kicking and screaming about it

I did a 45 min course in 6 mins the other day. Just kept clicking next, the answers are common sense and you needed 80% to pass. Easy

I dont know why people complain about doing these, take the obvious short cut. Sometimes ours even gives you the answers

That said, if they are this easy and pointless, why the **** does it exist. Has anyone ever learned anything in them?

Did one this week where it gives you the option to skip straight to the test, but you needed 100% to pass. So it took about 3 minutes to answer 9 questions, done for another year.

There was another one I was doing that you had to go through the whole presentation, but the next button only appeared after certain time it thought you should take to read it…

Remove this Banner Ad

Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back