Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

I left my job a few months back - on my farewell card (organised the day before I left 🙄), the big boss wrote, "been great working with you the last two years"

All good except I worked there 3 years - and they wonder why I walked
You know what i got?

so-thats-it-after20years-so-long.gif

I was with a crowd that shall remain nameless but looks remarkably like Construct Traffic for 15 months. On my last day I said farewell to the boss and held my hand out and he just looked at me before belatedly going "oh" and giving a perfunctory shake.

**** people like that.
Entitled ****ers.

You know what i got?

so-thats-it-after20years-so-long.gif

I did the right thing with giving notice, but I know that if when speaking to the boss to let them know I was moving on, that if I said I was finishing my shift in 10 minutes & not coming back, they would have said ok and not given a shit

15 years myself and don't expect or want anything. This is purely a business transaction. They pay me and I do my job.

Co workers who ask you sign cards for other co workers

I don't give a shit that lazy loud mouth found someone desperate enough to bang her and I'm not signing your stupid parental leave card

Hate the ones that hit you up for $$ toward xyz gift

I used to be yeah ok sure
These days i'm like HELL NO the person is a campaigner.

Probably getting to the point where I need a bit more coin though.
And that's the ****ing stupid thing about it. Rather than pay accordingly, they'll ignore you until you leave for greener pastures and then they'll have to pay more to replace you, or pay the same for someone with far less skills and institutional knowledge.

See it all the time, been on the receiving end too.

The better at your job you are, the less you are respected and the more you are just taken for granted

11 years and I’m just about done

I’ve noticed my language has changed and I’ve become quite contemptuous towards management and borderline rude with responses - just speak my mind these days

I checked some Melbourne pub websites. The Espy was one of the few that listed their beer prices. I'm assuming that a pint would be twice the price of a pot.

Hahn Super Dry 3.5% $15
Carlton Draught 4.6% $15.60
Kosciuszko Pale Ale 4.5% $17.40
Stone & Wood Pacific Ale 4.4% $17.60
Heineken 5.0% $18

Wow. That's nuts. I paid over $10 for a pint on the weekend and thought that was a bit much. Usually pay $4.95 for a sleeve (schooner) of domestic beer at my local pub.

Hate the ones that hit you up for $$ toward xyz gift

I used to be yeah ok sure
These days i'm like HELL NO the person is a campaigner.
The turnover makes this absolutely cost prohibitive now too. One or two people a week in a big organisation like the one I’m in.

I chipped in for direct colleagues and friends who left but what’s her face from finance who I’ve never actually met and only seen in the break room twice and who has only been here for 6 months. Nah.

The better at your job you are, the less you are respected and the more you are just taken for granted

I’ve noticed my language has changed and I’ve become quite contemptuous towards management and borderline rude with responses - just speak my mind these days

I told my manager that I never have anything to do and every day is a waste of my time. Nothing has changed but now if they ever have a go at me for not doing anything I can say I told you and you did nothing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hate this, it's so backwards. It costs more to accept cash than card when you factor in time to count and bank it.
100% agree.
Was gonna say 1000%, (impossible I know) but I’ve been told a million times not to exaggerate.

The turnover makes this absolutely cost prohibitive now too. One or two people a week in a big organisation like the one I’m in.

I chipped in for direct colleagues and friends who left but what’s her face from finance who I’ve never actually met and only seen in the break room twice and who has only been here for 6 months. Nah.
The company should pay. Or they get no gift if it’s like six months, grow up.

Shits me cos I’m in charge for buying the gifts for people who leave (after 5+ years) and some of them I barely know.

The company should pay. Or they get no gift if it’s like six months, grow up.

Shits me cos I’m in charge for buying the gifts for people who leave (after 5+ years) and some of them I barely know.
Im all for milestones for gifts.

Probably starts at like 3 years service, you get like $100 gift card. 5 years s nice bottle of something, 10 years something better.

Ive left zero cultural imprint on a place earning me anything after a year or less.

Agree you can taken for granted but not sure about lack of respect there. If someone is good at their job and I don't like them personally I still enjoy working with them, not so much the other way around. And if they're bad at their job and I don't like them, well it's the worst situation.

Agree you can taken for granted but not sure about lack of respect there. If someone is good at their job and I don't like them personally I still enjoy working with them, not so much the other way around. And if they're bad at their job and I don't like them, well it's the worst situation.
Having just gone through a leadership change I can attest that our new director is a ****ing gun, clever, insightful, EQ good.

My respect for them especially compared to the previous is massive. I think you can definitely get complacent about having good people around (ive been guilty of it before) but broadly speaking and i know this is echoed with most people i work with, you respect good people.

Having just gone through a leadership change I can attest that our new director is a ****ing gun, clever, insightful, EQ good.

My respect for them especially compared to the previous is massive. I think you can definitely get complacent about having good people around (ive been guilty of it before) but broadly speaking and i know this is echoed with most people i work with, you respect good people.
The leader not being a complete arseh*le is key to job enjoyment.

The leader not being a complete arseh*le is key to job enjoyment.

My last job the GM was an arseh*le, out of his depth and tried to bully people to compensate, in my view anyway.

Current director is very good at his job, empathetic re time off and stuff like that and great to have a beer with, I'm happy in this role as a result.

My last job the GM was an arseh*le, out of his depth and tried to bully people to compensate, in my view anyway.

Current director is very good at his job, empathetic re time off and stuff like that and great to have a beer with, I'm happy in this role as a result.
Sounds identical to my previous director TBH.

Someone at my work "forgot" my name. I'd expect that from someone who has been here weeks or maybe months (especially being in different areas) but 3+ years GTFO.

Doubly annoying when I've gone for a punchline response that they didn't "get" (meaning that I'm a ninja etc). So now I'll be on suicide watch for a while according to them.

The last time I tried such a joke it turned into a silent but deadly fart reference.

Someone at my work "forgot" my name. I'd expect that from someone who has been here weeks or maybe months (especially being in different areas) but 3+ years GTFO.

What an incredible power move, I congratulate your colleague.

Remove this Banner Ad

Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back