Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone at my work "forgot" my name. I'd expect that from someone who has been here weeks or maybe months (especially being in different areas) but 3+ years GTFO.

Do you work with Ron Swanson?

The better at your job you are, the less you are respected and the more you are just taken for granted

11 years and I’m just about done

I’ve noticed my language has changed and I’ve become quite contemptuous towards management and borderline rude with responses - just speak my mind these days
I just say nothing really. No point offering up anything when you they do stuff that makes no sense.

My work has decided to introduce a daily pre start meeting.
The pre start meeting is the single greatest waste of time. The supervisor may as well record what he says and play it because it's repeated over and over and over.

The we have pre start checklists to do now. Of course completely pointless when because we report something wrong it takes forever to get it fixed.

I just say nothing really. No point offering up anything when you they do stuff that makes no sense.

The stupid shit they do though doesn't affect them on the daily, it affects you. I'm always like I'm not going to say anything and then can't help myself.

It is soul destroying sitting through hours and hours of meetings and training modules on culture and risk where they just talk fluff and jerk each other off and then the first real issue comes up and they just push it straight back on you to deal with without offering a solution at all despite it being their job to sort it out.

We use the “Sanctuary” model in our workplace and each morning to start the day we have a “community” meeting and in a circle it’s:

How are you feeling? one word response
What is your goal for today?
Who can help you achieve that?

Onto the next person

What amuses me is that there’s no follow up on question 1

We use the “Sanctuary” model in our workplace and each morning to start the day we have a “community” meeting and in a circle it’s:

Onto the next person

what if you answered shithouse to question 1??

what if you answered shithouse to question 1??

Exactly
There’s an uncomfortable silence, asked if you want to share or talk to someone and then.. next question

Onto the next person

1. Never
2. Gonna give you up
3. Rick Astley

Onto the next person

I hate it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Onto the next person

Have you tried answering with things like "juicy" or "unobtainable"?

Onto the next person

I would've killed that off in a week in my last job.

1. "murderous/rage/tyrannical"
2. "not bash anyone/not tell anyone to **** off/not push supervisor's name down the stairs"
3. "Supervisor's name can leave me the **** alone to do a job that I'm quite good at/Grad's name could roll my joint at lunch time, she's much better at it than me/Everyone can avoid saying something stupid to me."

Honestly, not telling people to **** off was the most exhausting part of that job, I was quite good at the rest of it!

I remember making the mistake of being honest in one of these team meetings when asked to sum up my week in a sentence, it turned into a whole thing...

We have these six-monthly feedback sessions to discuss the latest employee survey results and the discussion is frank and open and everything is on the table and we are encouraged to speak our mind.

Yeah, lesson learned.

But I did discover that you can take apartheid out of South Africa but you can't take apartheid out of South Africans who jumped ship to Perth.

We have these six-monthly feedback sessions to discuss the latest employee survey results and the discussion is frank and open and everything is on the table and we are encouraged to speak our mind.

Yeah, lesson learned.

But I did discover that you can take apartheid out of South Africa but you can't take apartheid out of South Africans who jumped ship to Perth.
James Franco Reaction GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back