Society & Culture Things that Shit me part X- The Tenth edition!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can vouch for the VW Golf too, absolute gun of a car:thumbsu:

Idiotic teammates in Battlefield 3.

When you're defending on Rush and the enemy's attacking the very last MCOM, camp the MCOM and DEFEND the ****ing thing. Don't run around the edge of the map like a r-**** looking for cheap kills. Jesus. *rage quit*

Hmmmm

A 'game' causing lots of angst. Time for a little bit of sunshine maybe
Cause I bet you sit there at the footy with no emotion whatsoever. Bet you weren't frustrated when the hawks lost the Grand Final this year.

Cause I bet you sit there at the footy with no emotion whatsoever. Bet you weren't frustrated when the hawks lost the Grand Final this year.

Nope as emotional as the rest and yes I was frustrated, disappointed, upset, pissed off, sad and any other superlative you would like to add - I then enjoyed the walk back to town and bathed in the glorious melbourne weather for the rest of my stay;) and got on with life.

Seems I pushed a button - I just don't understand the angst behind a game - but then maybe that's because I'm an oldie

Fat people who lose weight and then instantly become experts in fitness and diet.
What if they lost weight because they became experts in fitness and diet.
f_8321a8380c.jpg

Over serious teammates in Battlefield 3.

When you just want to run around the edge of the map like an r-**** looking for cheap kills and they're defending on Rush and the enemy's attacking the very last MCOM, camping the MCOM and telling you to DEFEND the ****ing thing. Jesus. *rage quit*

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taking my bass guitar around to a friends house just to have a string snap while tuning it up. Shocking feeling turning the knob and feeling it go slack under your finger to that horrible twang noise :(

Thank god i had a spare A string or I would've been pissed. the snapped string is now twisted into a bracelet for now until I get sick of it.

Taking my bass guitar around to a friends house just to have a string snap while tuning it up. Shocking feeling turning the knob and feeling it go slack under your finger to that horrible twang noise :(

Thank god i had a spare A string or I would've been pissed. the snapped string is now twisted into a bracelet for now until I get sick of it.
I'd hate to be a bass player. The strings cost an arm and a leg.

I'd hate to be a bass player. The strings cost an arm and a leg.
Yeah luckily when I bought mine for 69 bucks inside the case was two packets of strings, turns out 1 of the strings was missing from one pack but even so it was about $100 worth of strings inside the front pocket.

Just out of interest zimma, who are your bass playing idols? Depends on what music you like a guess, but I've always thought John Enwistle was a step above anything else I've heard. I don't know much about the technical aspect of music, though.

Am I right in thinking Bill Wyman is pretty shit?

All great bands, with the possible exception of the Beatles (Ringo and Paul lol) have great rhythm sections, Entwistle/Moon, JPJ/Bonham, Duck Dunn/Al Jackson, Danko/Helm, it's the backbone of the band. Also interesting to note that with the exception of the Beatles, all mentioned are dead apart form John Paul Jones, possibly indicating my music tastes are not the most contemporary.

Just out of interest zimma, who are your bass playing idols? Depends on what music you like a guess, but I've always thought John Enwistle was a step above anything else I've heard. I don't know much about the technical aspect of music, though.

Due to the type of music i mainly listen to would have to say Cliff Burton, Krist Novoselic (very fun yet simple to play, always. moving) lesser extent Paul Gray, but really any decent band usually has a great bassist, really just depends how much they emphasise it. But yeah would love to be able.to play slap like Flea can to...

U2 shit me. They also made a mortal enemy in Mick Jagger when their last tour broke the record for highest gro$$ing tour of all time.

Dear BF advertising, I am not going to buy the new Aerosmith album. Please stop trying.

Listen to John McVie in practically any Mac song. Go Your Own Way especially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back