Things you do to intentionally irritate to your partner

Remove this Banner Ad

If my partner says a name in a sentence, I will name drop someone random and ask her if she meant that person, e.g.

Her: "(some story about work)... So I put the order through and James came to pick it up"
Me: "was that James Robertson?"
Her: "who's that?"
Me: "a bloke I did Taekwondo with as a kid"

I might try that, my wife loves a first name mention of a workmate that I have no idea who they are.

I might try that, my wife loves a first name mention of a workmate that I have no idea who they are.
I think I do the opposite, I over explain. Like “you know Eddie from finance? The one with three kids who goes for Melbourne?” Which I suppose is just as annoying really

Things in this thread that are done repeatedly are way funnier, they actually get funnier every time I reckon
Every time she complains of back pain, I hit her with:

I think I do the opposite, I over explain. Like “you know Eddie from finance? The one with three kids who goes for Melbourne?” Which I suppose is just as annoying really
If he’s a dees supporter I’ll bet that story is going nowhere good

Mine does that. I just smile.
But I might start in return referring to things in conversation that have been said by you folks. Like today you Mebbie, the one with wings, she was in hospital.
And enigmal the guy with bulgy eyes, he said blah. And the interloper the ice cream licker, was most annoyed at…

A recent one I've started doing is sitting/laying down on the couch, and then instantly calling out "Hey, whilst you're up can you.... etc etc".

Sometimes she'll even be walking over to the lounge room with me, I just manage to sit down first and get it in.

A recent one I've started doing is sitting/laying down on the couch, and then instantly calling out "Hey, whilst you're up can you.... etc etc".

Sometimes she'll even be walking over to the lounge room with me, I just manage to sit down first and get it in.
I reckon my Mrs used to pull this trick on me deliberately, only it was like just as I'd parked on the couch, "can you let the dog in?", "can you get me a wine?" or whatever. I dunno, when I want something and I'm on the couch, I just get up and get it, asking someone else to do it for me isn't really my thing.

And if I'm up, no problemo, whatever you want. I must have given her absolute daggers one day when she asked me to get her something after I just sat down, reckon she's figured out that's a no-no with me.

Not my wife but my sister...

Nearly every year I go to a wreckers just before Christmas and get a random small piece of plastic interior or bracket from a car that is different make and model to hers but is same/similar colour interior.

Then on Christmas day I put that random part in one of the footwells of her car - drives her nuts searching for hours and never finding where the part needs to be put back.

Seems every year her car falls apart just that little bit more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Repeatedly play songs on guitar that give her the shits, these particularly seem to be metal songs, I also make sure the gain is at 11
I watched a video the other day of a guy playing classical music on his guitar to his gf who is a classical music teacher then he starts to butcher it on purpose to get her reaction.

If I use any of her workout powders, she gets pretty angry.

Only thing that really gets to her. I’ve tried everything.

"Workout powders" hey, is that what the kids call it these days?

I annoyed mine yesterday, she popped home for lunch which she never does. I was WFH and unfortunately she got here when I was having my usual half hour guitar session after lunch. And with no one home i turn the amp up quite loud.

Not sure she believed I was only playing for half hour ha ha

Remove this Banner Ad

Things you do to intentionally irritate to your partner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back