This Poor, Heroic Club

Remove this Banner Ad

No consolation but your club has plenty of respect in the AFL world.:thumbsu:

Look at Freo and Richmond it could be worse.:thumbsdown:

All I can say is that recruiting Barry Hall for next to nothing would be a punt worth taking IMO.

Roll the dice you have another 2 year window of opportunity IMO.

Fantastic effort by the Dogs. Really sad to see you lose tonight. The fans will be feeling shattered - but your team has massive respect in the AFL and maybe next year will be the one. Keep your heads up guys.

In my 32 years as a member of the Bulldogs, I have never been so proud of my club. They fought it out until the bitter end. I would have expected nothing less from them. Even though my dream of flying to Melbourne to see the Doggies play in the Grand Final next week is shattered, I will be there NEXT YEAR when we finally make it.

I also plan on being in Melbourne for Rounds 1 and 2 next year and even hope to be there with another member of the Chicago family with me who will become a Western Bulldogs member for the first time - my brother, Chicago2.

To quote a line from one of my favorite films, "My heart is full."(Even though it may be breaking at the moment.)

Thanks to ESPN360.com I was able to watch today's match, something I've not been able to do for about five years or so.

Next weekend I'll probably be off riding roller coasters, though I just might be able to watch the Grand Final on my nephew's laptop.

What a fantastic and exciting year it has been. Even though I wasn't able to be there for any of our matches in my brief March Melbourne visit, I am grateful to Rodney Eade for showing me around the new facilities at the Whitten Oval. We really got a great coach and a fantastic gentleman when we signed him up.

It's now almost 7.45am and I'm going back to bed, though I doubt if I'll be able to sleep.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the kind responses here by neutral fans.

I am rarely lost for words on BigFooty but this is one moment.

I started supporting the Dogs in 1998 so I suppose I now know how it felt in 1997.

Congrats to the Saints, well done.

I just feel numb.

Agree. It is the worst feeling in the world. You don't want to talk about it. You just want to forget about AFL completely for about 6 months.

Thanks for the kind responses here by neutral fans.

I am rarely lost for words on BigFooty but this is one moment.

I started supporting the Dogs in 1998 so I suppose I now know how it felt in 1997.

Congrats to the Saints, well done.

I just feel numb.

Don't worry you get used to it, been there in 85, 97, 98 and onwards so you just get used to never getting your hopes up, maybe one day we'll start to recruit tall players rather than short people and we might move up that next step.:cool:

Sucked in to all the Dogs fans who thought they had the flag won after beating the Pies in RD22 ..... I dont care what happens tomorrow night, just happy Scumdogs aren' in the big dance.

Worth the ban.

Bad luck doggies, it was a hard-fought effort. Unfortunately one team has to lose but you certainly can hold your heads up high. I know it probably doesn't make you feel any better though.

If I was a Dog supporter I'd wait for Griffen outside the ground with a shotgun and take his right leg off.. I nearly smashed my tv

Sucked in to all the Dogs fans who thought they had the flag won after beating the Pies in RD22 ..... I dont care what happens tomorrow night, just happy Scumdogs aren' in the big dance.

Worth the ban.
Not bitter about losing to us or anything, hmmm?

You will be flogged tomorrow.

Remove this Banner Ad

This Poor, Heroic Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back