This Poor, Heroic Club

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel shattered for you guys. This is almost has bad as Nick Bloody Davis' goal against us in 2006. You guys played better than the Saints but you didn't make the most of those chances. On the rebound, Riewoldt stood up when it mattered. Dont worry, losses like this will make you a better team for the future.

:(

No, **** it! I felt this kinda pain in 96 and 98, even 2003 when we lost to Brisbane after being within a goal at 3QT. It felt like we'd never have any success and I'm sure a lot of you feel that way right now.

It'll come your way, your luck will change and it'll just click. Hopefully as soon as next year!

Sucked in to all the Dogs fans who thought they had the flag won after beating the Pies in RD22 ..... I dont care what happens tomorrow night, just happy Scumdogs aren' in the big dance.

Worth the ban.

Classless piece of work you are.

Better hope ya win the flag, COLLINGW10D doesn't look right.

Sucked in to all the Dogs fans who thought they had the flag won after beating the Pies in RD22 ..... I dont care what happens tomorrow night, just happy Scumdogs aren' in the big dance.

Worth the ban.

you are an absolute scum of a person, you symbolise collingwood supporters in general, dirty disgusting creatures!!!,

bad luck doggies, everyone in australia (bar saints supporters) wanted to to win and everyone wants you to win a premiership soon, the dogs will get there eventually,and when they do, we'll all be cheering for you!

I honestly think we were the better team tonight, but as the "experts" have been saying, we were just one Nick Riewoldt short to make the difference. Get Bazza and we will be a huge chance next year.

Next year... next year... :(

Agree you were the better team.

If you had Riewoldt I'd reckon you'd win the flag hands down.

Do you ever feel there's something written in the stars against us?
That's the sort of self pity crap you guys have thrived on for years; hence no success in anything.

You had St Kilda but like the Geelong game and many others, you just couldn't kick a goal when required. A FF will no doubt be a TOP PRIORITY over the summer.

Commiserations none the same.

Thanks for the kind responses here by neutral fans.

I am rarely lost for words on BigFooty but this is one moment.

I started supporting the Dogs in 1998 so I suppose I now know how it felt in 1997.

Congrats to the Saints, well done.

I just feel numb.

yer same here man, i'm so shattered at the moment, helps coming here, we just havent got the luck, nope, a game that we dominated. omg f**k footy 6 months now who in their right mind can prepare for another year after that, last year fine but this year was it.love the boys, excellent effort definately cant bag our players tonight but it definately comes down to luck at the end and we keep gettin heart broken every time.

Bad luck guys.....as a Crow supporter trust me i know what your feeling right about now!..........you guys gave it your best.....St Kilda are a super team no doubt about it (better than pies!)....the dice rolled against you, Bald eagles Kick looked Over goal line for mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad luck guys.....as a Crow supporter trust me i know what your feeling right about now!..........you guys gave it your best.....St Kilda are a super team no doubt about it (better than pies!)....the dice rolled against you, Bald eagles Kick looked Over goal line for mine.

Thanks mate, but I need to add that maybe you know what we felt like in 97, too. That was worse, IMO.

It has happened a few times now. Boy, we're a tough lot - we just keep coming back for more...actually, maybe we're crazy...

i do love this team. i'm a member of this battling club. i've spent a lot of time in melbourne's western suburbs and seen what this team means to so many people.

i generally despise the use of the term 'hero' in relation to sportsmen and women...

but the dogs did have a lot of heroes out there tonight.

i won't pretend to share the pain of dogs fans... but i think i can begin to imagine given my own disappointment with how this year turned out for my 'soft spot' team.

before i saw this thread, i was thinking of the curse that john saffran and johnny warren had removed from the socceroos before the ultimate qualification in 2006, and can only wonder who the witch doctor is that the dogs have pissed off.

*sigh* i'm feeling pretty bloody numb myself right now...

commiserations to you blokes and your... heroes...

No consolation but your club has plenty of respect in the AFL world.:thumbsu:

Look at Freo and Richmond it could be worse.:thumbsdown:

All I can say is that recruiting Barry Hall for next to nothing would be a punt worth taking IMO.

Roll the dice you have another 2 year window of opportunity IMO.

Even here you troll Freo...Classy

You know you guys all say that it wont help much what your saying.
but it actually does, thank you all so much for saying what you have, it makes me feel as if atleast some people care.

I was very proud of our boys tonight, you could tell how much more we wanted it then st kilda, we were just lacking that power forward.

I have felt this heart wrenching pain too many times, i can honestly admit i cried, but i will never give up, even if we don't win one before i die - dogs for life !

I guess all i can say for now is that i can't wait for cricket season to start.

Love you doggies.

Wasn't as bad as 97 because we were home at 3Q time in that game and let it slip. That effort tonight was absolutely brilliant from the boys. Pity the umpires became the deciding factor. What the F&*k was that descision against Aker when he kicked the ball 60 metres and the umpire said it was deliberate. That was game defining, led to the goal that got them in front.
Gia, why couldn't your goal have gone through, for gods sake please, just one ounce of luck.
In 97 I walked away crying... this year I walked away really, really angry at the umpires and I'm no umpire basher at all. That was just f#cked. Jesus christ!!! whyyyyyyy.....

Missed chances, so blardy sad, in the end i concede the media/afl public is right and in games like this we lacked a power forward to take a few grab. No point blaming the midfield kicking it long to a contest when the F50 is so crowed.

Worth the ban.

Hopefully you guys get smashed. I hate to think how confused the umpires will be next week if it's a Collingscum v St Kilda GF, they probably won't pay a free all game.

Remove this Banner Ad

This Poor, Heroic Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back