Thoughts on the ballot system for tickets to the GF

Remove this Banner Ad

It has come to my attention that certain members received extra membership packs without paying an error on GFC behalf and then received a bigger allocation of grand final tickets.:mad:

It has come to my attention that certain members received extra membership packs without paying an error on GFC behalf and then received a bigger allocation of grand final tickets.:mad:

If you fax AND mail in your membership app to the club at the start of the year, theres a good chance of this happening.

Diablo the problem is they only introduced the ballot system a couple of weeks ago.
I would have definitely bought a SC/CC membership if I'd known this to be the case at the start of the season.

I was always confident of getting a ticket by queueing. We have never missed out with this system in the past.

Thing is clubs like Collingwood have had a ballot for years, so it was always going to happen at some stage. I can understand taking your chances under the old system, but even then it's still not a 100% iron clad guarantee. Anything can happen, as you can see.

The bottom line people, is that no matter what sort of fan you are, if you want to be guarenteed a ticket to the big game, you are going to have to pay extra to get it.

How you choose to do this is entirely up to the individual, but basically, anyone who has just a basic membership knows when they buy that membership they have only a small chance of actually getting a ticket to a GF.

I bought a September Membership from the first year, and have got it every year since, whether I think we are going to make it to the GF or not. I want to be assured of a ticket should we make it, and I don't begrudge putting a few extra dollars in the clubs' kick each year. Sure, most years we don't make it, but so what? It's been worth having because as soon as we made it to the GF, I knew i'd have a ticket.

There are ways to avoid this situation, it depends on if one is prepared to pay the cost.

There is a limit to how many Social Club, and September members Geelong can have. After this year, I'm guessing the demand for these memberships will increase at a massive rate. This means we can't all pay extra and be guaranteed a ticket. Therefore the line-up system is the only one yet, that can guarantee that the most passionate get the tickets they deserve.

There is a limit to how many Social Club, and September members Geelong can have. After this year, I'm guessing the demand for these memberships will increase at a massive rate. This means we can't all pay extra and be guaranteed a ticket. Therefore the line-up system is the only one yet, that can guarantee that the most passionate get the tickets they deserve.

Thats all well and good, but the most passionate got on early and haven't got off no matter how crap we've been going, and have been rewarded for their faith.

Thats all well and good, but the most passionate got on early and haven't got off no matter how crap we've been going, and have been rewarded for their faith.

Well, no. Because I've done exactly that, and I haven't been rewarded. Except for today's amazing win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts on the ballot system for tickets to the GF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back