Thoughts on Watters, his approach to season 2013, the rebuild and beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

im a big mark fine man and he is on the money, the treatment of dal santo has been appalling, on top of that watters and pelchen are at loggerheads over the dustin martin stuff up and have had a icy relationship since watters forced the clubs hand in recruiting tdl instead of a tall defender, the club administration and players have a very fractured existence which cant be good for anyone and the sad thing is we as supporters are grasping for hope, they will not get antywhere near the value for dal he has after 4 years found his spot on the back flank why trade him? rumors and innuendos fly around at this time of the year and you cant believe everything you hear but theres a power struggle going on at stkilda which threatens to derail any hope. the worst thing ive heard which is fact was that cameron shenton didnt learn of his selection or upgrade from the senior coach lastbyear that to me is disgrace and a massive concern no excuses!!!! im a worried and concerned member who hopes this doesnt blow up into another saints fiasco

Look, it may well be that there are some concerning things going on. Some of the rumours might even have foundation. There may be a power struggle. But this could all be quite normal events to happen in a football club in our position having recently been up and now on the way down. It is never an easy time for a club to deal with. Watters and Pelchen have a really tough job being the obvious figureheads making the tough and unpopular decisions and their job will continue to be tough for as long as they are at the club.

But what most of us object to is not the talk of there being some issues at the club, more the posters (and Finey in this case, an influential St Kilda supporter in the media) shouting from the rooftops that Watters should be sacked. This sort of talk is destabilising for the club, is hysterical and reeks of the old St Kilda mentality that we have worked damn hard in the 2000s to finally rid ourselves of. We need to pull together during this time of natural transition that the club faces and not turning on ourselves and the club as it will only end in disaster and drag us back to the bad old days.

Look, it may well be that there are some concerning things going on. Some of the rumours might even have foundation. There may be a power struggle. But this could all be quite normal events to happen in a football club in our position having recently been up and now on the way down. It is never an easy time for a club to deal with. Watters and Pelchen have a really tough job being the obvious figureheads making the tough and unpopular decisions and their job will continue to be tough for as long as they are at the club.

But what most of us object to is not the talk of there being some issues at the club, more the posters (and Finey in this case, an influential St Kilda supporter in the media) shouting from the rooftops that Watters should be sacked. This sort of talk is destabilising for the club, is hysterical and reeks of the old St Kilda mentality that we have worked damn hard in the 2000s to finally rid ourselves of. We need to pull together during this time of natural transition that the club faces and not turning on ourselves and the club as it will only end in disaster and drag us back to the bad old days.

Couldnt agree more, this shit talk from the likes of Fine should be ignored because it is gutter journalism at its worst

im a big mark fine man and he is on the money, the treatment of dal santo has been appalling, on top of that watters and pelchen are at loggerheads over the dustin martin stuff up and have had a icy relationship since watters forced the clubs hand in recruiting tdl instead of a tall defender, the club administration and players have a very fractured existence which cant be good for anyone and the sad thing is we as supporters are grasping for hope, they will not get antywhere near the value for dal he has after 4 years found his spot on the back flank why trade him? rumors and innuendos fly around at this time of the year and you cant believe everything you hear but theres a power struggle going on at stkilda which threatens to derail any hope. the worst thing ive heard which is fact was that cameron shenton didnt learn of his selection or upgrade from the senior coach lastbyear that to me is disgrace and a massive concern no excuses!!!! im a worried and concerned member who hopes this doesnt blow up into another saints fiasco

You write like a prep grader. Capitalize and use punctuation so we can at least read the drivel you come up with.

No disrespect intended to anyone here but seriously SEN is the verbal version of the Herald Sun. It is radio for bogans.

1) what exactly did we stuff up when it came to martin? how exactly are watters and pelchen at "loggerheads"
2) how did watters force the clubs hand when it came to recruiting TDL? who was the tall defender we were interested in instead?
3) how do the club and administrators have a fractured relationship? do you have any examples?

and LOL if cam shenton thing is the worst thing you've heard, this thing has blown up to be bigger than what it really is

40 years following the Saints if we implode once more on our self or sack another coach because of in fighting I will SPEW UP

Agreed - as a member for most of the past 42 years having initially joined in 1971 I am sick of the point scoring, infighting, and worst of all the trading of our 'heroes' - in my time I have seen Stewart, Ditterich, Perovic, Greene, Duperouzel, Sidebottom, Lockett, Everitt, and recently Ball and Goddard amongst others for zero result. If Dal Santo or Montagna get traded that is it for me - I won't be rejoining. No doubt there will be some who will say 'don't let the door hit you on the way out" - so be it. I have paid my dues and more but enough is enough. I sent a note to this effect to the club - the response I received is not worth repeating. We are stuffed.

So what you are saying is that the club is being run by lizard people and/or robots?
Heard from reputable inside sources that Watters and Pelchan are at loggerheads because Pelchan has been proclaiming himself 'the lizard queen' much to Scott's ire

benahygy.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1) what exactly did we stuff up when it came to martin? how exactly are watters and pelchen at "loggerheads"
2) how did watters force the clubs hand when it came to recruiting TDL? who was the tall defender we were interested in instead?
3) how do the club and administrators have a fractured relationship? do you have any examples?

and LOL if cam shenton thing is the worst thing you've heard, this thing has blown up to be bigger than what it really is

leave it as it is mate, i hope they can all push in the right direction , as finey said the" realtionship between the key people at stkilda could be or is beyond repair" to me thats a major concern?????

Agree on all fronts,

why not answer the questions?

Because that would be following through with or backing up a statement. Can't do that here. Just throw out a random comment make it sound like you have inside knowledge and watch the next 3 pages go apeshit . I wish some of these big claims would be substantiated .

The longer you're on this forum, you soon learn who has the good oil and who does not!:)

(And no I'm not referring to any poster in particular):)

aSK and you will receive. ;)

For mine it has come a bit out of nowhere all this alleged stuff against SW. That he's tearing the fabric of the club, that he and Pelchen are at war, etc.

Now most would know I am a fan of SW. And I think the club does need to change it's mindset slightly. I think it was very telling that Jason Blake who is a deadset legend challenged the administration to lift. People will remember that Ross Lyon had his favourites and didn't really talk to the younger players. After he left coupled with 2 GF losses the club needed a cuddle and SW came in and did just that. Not everyone is going to like what a coach does. You can't please everyone.

All will be revealed over the coming weeks...

See how Chris Scott goes when he wants to retire chapman, pods etc when they may not be ready...

BTW, if this was happening back in 2006 or 2007 or 2008, then I could understand the angst. But we are starting all over in a new era. Surely we should consider an extra spoon of concrete in our cereal, as supporters?

This is going to take time and pain. Best we get used to it.

all the talk of bad things comes from - wait for it - people who are not happy with what is happening. Any chance the great insiders can talk to people who are happy and present their side of the story?

I am by nature not a fan of any coach, but I do believe that they should get at least 3 years before we judge them.

It is human nature to think the bad news is true, and the good news isn't. That's multiplied by a billion when you're a Saints supporter, I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts on Watters, his approach to season 2013, the rebuild and beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back