Think Tank Three Clubs Which Must Change Their Names

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 18, 2012
Taverne Monte Cristo
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hawthorn. I tell you they have nothing to do with the actual suburb of Hawthorn at all and no-one who lives in Hawthorn has anything to do with them, or wants to. Last time I was in the leafy avenues of Hawthorn, about two years ago, I was at a dinner party. Turned out virtually everyone there except me was a long-time Melbourne member. Having made a mental note to accept social engagements with more care in future, I said “wait, isn’t this Hawthorn and you all live here and no-one at this table is old enough to remember the last time Melbourne...” but I was interrupted by my host, who said “we’re all off skiing next week, in Colorado. Pass the Grange, it’s a grand old vintage.” I said “well at least Winter and Waverley both start with W” but no-one got it.

St. Kilda. Yes you might find some of their players in a Fitzroy St gutter any night of the week but that’s not the same as having a training ground there. Well okay maybe it is, for them. But anyway, Moorabbin is not St Kilda. And nor is Seaford.

Collingwood. Demonstrably, indisputably not based in Collingwood. Have a look at Google Maps, go on I dare you. They are not in Collingwood, or Melbourne, or East Melbourne, or Southbank, or Richmond, or Cremorne. They are nowhere. They are lost. Lost in a Roman wilderness of pain. At least Hawthorn could be the Waverley Wombats and St Kilda the Moorabbin Moonbeams, but Collingwood FC are nowhere, the poor bastards.

I mean you can look at a map and go “look, there’s the west coast of Australia, the footy club of the same name must be around there somewhere, it’s just a matter of narrowing down the 20,000 km of coastline”, but Hawthorn, St Kilda, and Collingwood don’t even have that because if you go by their name, THEY’RE NOT THERE!

Bombers.

Far too violent and terrorist-friendly for the modern era.

And why the hell do we call the smallest club in the competition the "Giants"?

They are the Mighty Port Adelaide Power Rangers

giphy.gif

Power is Port's nickname.. Like Richmond nickname is the Tigers... does that ring a bell lol
Need I go on about the nickname's of the other AFL Clubs. I think you might know them.
Port Power is the AFL team name, Port Adelaide FC is the club as a whole, to be honest I'd be happy for you to wear the prison bars just to piss Collingwood off;)
170px-Port_Adelaide_Football_Club_Logo-1.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port Power is the AFL team name, Port Adelaide FC is the club as a whole, to be honest I'd be happy for you to wear the prison bars just to piss Collingwood off;)
View attachment 1030085
Looks like your eyes are deceiving you.
Port Adelaide Football Club ... nicknamed Power in the AFL and Magpies in the SANFL ... Geez

Port issued a statement to all broadcasters that they were not to be called Port Power ..

1608291848355.png

Last edited:
Looks like your eyes are deceiving you.
Port Adelaide Football Club ... nicknamed Power in the AFL and Magpies in the SANFL ... Geez

Port issued a statement to all broadcasters that they were not to be called Port Power ..

View attachment 1030109
Port Power in the AFL don't care what you call yourselves in SA.

Geez... and I thought my cat was dumb LOL
d394d678ac203355f1b4d5bfe97b063f.jpg
Note they call Richmond, Essendon etc by their correct name and your team is of course Power no port adelaide fc mentioned, Port Power or just power

I'm betting your cat is actually the smart one in your household.

Last edited:
View attachment 1030272
Note they call Richmond, Essendon etc by their correct name and your team is of course Power no port adelaide fc mentioned, Port Power or just power

I'm betting your cat is actually the smart one in your household.

So well-known was the Port Adelaide name beyond South Australia that the Port Adelaide Football Club became the first (and only) non-Victorian club to be part of the national Australian Football League.
And within seven years of stepping onto the national stage, Port Adelaide had its first AFL premiership to be true to the lyrics of the club song declaring "We've got the power to win".

Oh I am sorry, you know more than the Port Adelaide Football Club about their history LOL

Maybe you should go to the Port website and read about Ports History, you might learn something, instead of crapping on about something you know nothing about.

I was a Member before we applied, and joined the AFL and am still a Member. So I know the history, and you pretend you do. :straining: Geez

Find us

Allan Scott Power Headquarters
Alberton Oval
Brougham Place
ALBERTON SA

Mail us

Port Adelaide Football Club
PO Box 379
PORT ADELAIDE SA 5015

1608368054690.png

Now read what it states above From Port website, and take it in. It's not that hard.
Port Adelaide Football Club.
Nickname ... AFL: Power
Nickname ... SANFL: Magpies

Last edited:
So well-known was the Port Adelaide name beyond South Australia that the Port Adelaide Football Club became the first (and only) non-Victorian club to be part of the national Australian Football League.
And within seven years of stepping onto the national stage, Port Adelaide had its first AFL premiership to be true to the lyrics of the club song declaring "We've got the power to win".

Oh I am sorry, you know more than the Port Adelaide Football Club about their history LOL

Maybe you should go to the Port website and read about Ports History, you might learn something, instead of crapping on about something you know nothing about.

I was a Member before we applied, and joined the AFL and am still a Member. So I know the history, and you pretend you do. :straining: Geez

Find us

Allan Scott Power Headquarters
Alberton Oval
Brougham Place
ALBERTON SA

Mail us

Port Adelaide Football Club
PO Box 379
PORT ADELAIDE SA 5015

View attachment 1030350

Now read what it states above From Port website, and take it in. It's not that hard.
Port Adelaide Football Club.
Nickname ... AFL: Power
Nickname ... SANFL: Magpies
Are you serious, as I stated in the beginning your the Power in the AFL, Port Adelaide FC is the administrative structure running the two teams, you are not known as Port Adelaide in the AFL and the rest of the country knows you as

Port-Adelaide-logo-1997.gif
tenor-1.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Think Tank Three Clubs Which Must Change Their Names

Remove this Banner Ad

Back