Thurley quits Cats, North interested

Remove this Banner Ad

Would rather woewodin by a mile.....seems like its a formality now that we will get Thurley though if we have offered a 2 year contract.

i dont get it

NorthBhoy said:
Always trust the fans. They think he is ordinary. He just got delisted.

No good.

He asked to be de-listed because they couldn't agree to a new deal, I think the cats would've kept him if they had a choice.

It wouldn't bother me much if we picked him up, he isn't a dud and he could add something. I wouldn't be too upset if we didn't pick him either. I just don't see if he could make a real difference to the side.

He kicked a dozen or so goals in about 7 games last season - including a couplainst us I think (although on that day you were cr@p if you were a Geelong player who didn't score a goal) Maybe JYD's thinking about having a small crumbing goalkicker like a Milne or Matera.

Personally I reckon that although we need that type of player, we've done our recycling for this recruiting period. We MUST now look at getting more youth into the club. Even though Thurley's only played 7 games, he's 24. Pass.

Benno_900 said:
He asked to be de-listed because they couldn't agree to a new deal, I think the cats would've kept him if they had a choice.

It wouldn't bother me much if we picked him up, he isn't a dud and he could add something. I wouldn't be too upset if we didn't pick him either. I just don't see if he could make a real difference to the side.

I'd take that back.

Benno_900 said:
I'd take that back.
Bit like cleaning out the closet re visiting some of the oldies isn't it? You can see who said what, and who made a fool of themselves, and who hits the p1ss while posting. ;)

But seriously, Tassie must've been happy with their second time around recruit.

mark73 said:
Bit like cleaning out the closet re visiting some of the oldies isn't it? You can see who said what, and who made a fool of themselves, and who hits the p1ss while posting. ;)

But seriously, Tassie must've been happy with their second time around recruit.

True

Well apart from the bolded bit, my post isn't too far off the mark.

Devil Fish said:
How can you be an AFL footballer with a surname like "Thurley" - It's an umpires name. He just sounds like a cross between Dominic Thornley & Liz Hurley.
To sum it up - Thurley is for the tip.
Yeah well I know this one clown who nine years ago went through the draft and judged how each player would turn out purely on the name of the guy drafted. It makes for some very interesting reading.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thurley quits Cats, North interested

Remove this Banner Ad

Back