Ticketing arrangements vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

MeestaNob

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2004
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Just got the email from the Bulldogs saying I need to buy a reserved seat to watch the game. Can I just get a free general admin seat for my 17 game membership as per other years, or are they going to charge me a booking fee even though it's not a booking?

Fantastic. :(

Guess I'm not going then. I've already paid my money, not giving the AFL another $10+ for a seat I don't want or need.

What's ridiculous is there is almost zero chance of there bring over 40,000. Just rubbish.

Will there general admin tickets available at the gate? Surely they won't get much more than 35,000 there hence there should be a fair bit of room left.

I've only got a country, home game membership.

I'm going no matter what the price. First chance to go this year due to work commitments (we finally get a Saturday night game) and I'm not passing it up. Looking forward to the next two weeks.

Used to take going every week for granted :(

I'm going with a mate that barracks for the Dons, I'm a Doggies member but only for home games so don't get any entry benefits for this game.
How much will it set me back to buy a ticket at the gate to sit on Level 3?

I'm going with a mate that barracks for the Dons, I'm a Doggies member but only for home games so don't get any entry benefits for this game.

I have that opportunity as well however mate sits on level 2 and to coordinate it is too hard. F..... the AFL its too hard and cost too much to go to the footy with your mates once or twice a year. We will watch on Foxtel with a beer costing less than $10 each and i will watch doggies live again at our next home game

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have that opportunity as well however mate sits on level 2 and to coordinate it is too hard. F..... the AFL its too hard and cost too much to go to the footy with your mates once or twice a year. We will watch on Foxtel with a beer costing less than $10 each and i will watch doggies live again at our next home game

Fortunately my mate's more into rugby so doesn't have a reserved seat with Essendon, so we'll just rock up, get tickets and sit up on the third level. Going to cost me a touch under $50 to drive in and out and get a ticket into the ground, though, which I'm not overly happy about but I don't do it very often anyway.

It's just pricing fans out of going to the footy, really. I'm happy to buy a membership knowing I'm helping the club out, but it pisses me off to no end that I pay $200 a year and yet I'm meant to go up and sit on Level 3 (not that I do), and have to pay even more if I want to sit on Level 1 or 2 or reserve a seat. That's without mentioning the exorbitant prices for food, drink, and parking if you don't want to walk 10 minutes to the ground, which I do.
Gets to the point where if it wasn't for my club and how much I love going and watching the Dogs, I'd just give it away, get Foxtel and sit at home and have a few beers instead.

Was looking for a ticket before, majority of tickets for level 3 where $25

Fortunately my mate's more into rugby so doesn't have a reserved seat with Essendon, so we'll just rock up, get tickets and sit up on the third level. Going to cost me a touch under $50 to drive in and out and get a ticket into the ground, though, which I'm not overly happy about but I don't do it very often anyway.

It's just pricing fans out of going to the footy, really. I'm happy to buy a membership knowing I'm helping the club out, but it pisses me off to no end that I pay $200 a year and yet I'm meant to go up and sit on Level 3 (not that I do), and have to pay even more if I want to sit on Level 1 or 2 or reserve a seat. That's without mentioning the exorbitant prices for food, drink, and parking if you don't want to walk 10 minutes to the ground, which I do.
Gets to the point where if it wasn't for my club and how much I love going and watching the Dogs, I'd just give it away, get Foxtel and sit at home and have a few beers instead.

Its a Bombers home game so membership hasnt alot to do with it apart from not being able to go with your mates.

For me i get more value out of a membership and going to most if not all homes games than paying exorbitant prices for one away match just because the AFL want to try and rip people off.

Times like this i think its a good thing we only have around 30000 members

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a Bombers home game so membership hasnt alot to do with it apart from not being able to go with your mates.

For me i get more value out of a membership and going to most if not all homes games than paying exorbitant prices for one away match just because the AFL want to try and rip people off.

Times like this i think its a good thing we only have around 30000 members

I was just mentioning the membership situation as another reference to my annoyance with the price they put on footy now.

I'd much rather we have 80,000 members, if I'm honest :p

Really really hoping we turn up to play this week. Costing me a fortune to go. Agree with other posters. It's far too hard to go to the footy with ur mates. It's my birthday and I'm going with friends and family. Booking was a nightmare. Really just pine for the days when I was growing up going to the footy at the western oval, turn up early, sit where you want close to who you want not 8 in a row so you can only talk to 1 or 2 in the row, watch Benny sexton and sedat sir in the mafioso and have a kick afterwards. Footy is not the same as it was, it becomes less and less appealing each year. If it wasn't for my love of the bulldogs I wouldn't buy a membership as I get to 1-2 games a year. Let's hope we stick it up em on Saturday night

Sorry, I refuse to pay $14 + $7 additional to sit in row N on L3 after paying for a full home and away season membership. This is just gouging by TicketMaster and the AFL on the people who support the club by turning up. $7 to print out your own #$^ ticket is just bollocks.

Last edited:
Forgive the interruption guys but as above you will need to upgrade to a seat for the game.

Every Essendon home game at Etihad is fully ticketed, including for EFC members. There is no GA (potentially some standing room for very big games but that's it).

Booking fees are not an accurate reflection of the cost to serve. The ACCC really needs to intervene. Different events attract different fees, but booking online and printing your own ticket really should not really cost more than $2-3.

Will the same be needed for our home game later on in the year?

If it is fully ticketed members who don't have a reserve seat would have to book the same way. Less likely to be ticketed then the Essendon home game though

Just got our seats and it's looking like there's not many seats left (most of what is left is towards the back). I'd get in now guys if you haven't already

Remove this Banner Ad

Ticketing arrangements vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back