Media TiFmedia Sweet FA Power Rankings - Season 35

Which club do you want to see ranked #1 in the TiFmedia Sweet FA Power Rankings??

• Bombers

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Warriors

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Dragons

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Phoenix

• Furies

• Royals

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Bears

• Demons

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Old Boys

• Roys

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swamprats

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wonders

• S Club 7

Votes: 14 38.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't worry about it, I have the entire Furies list on ignore.

I had always got on well with them and enjoyed their Schtick. It went to pack very badly. Agree with Turbo and Tif that Colorado is doing the hard yards and they will pick up.

TiFmedia SFA Power Rankings - #12 East Side Phoenix
kDHukMr.png

#12 - East Side Phoenix

Next cab off the rank is the East Side Phoenix, coming in at 12th in the TiFmedia Power Rankings sporting a list that would even have the S26 era Gumbies smirking with a smug sense of self-satisfaction in comparison.

Now here, much like the Furies, we have yet another equally tragic and cautionary tale warning against the perils of unnecessarily changing your entire club identity because you’re a bit bored.

The rot that has set in on the East Side began back in S32... where they lost a wealth of experience, qooty nous and posting prowess with names like PMBangers, Hate, Biggie, PhenomenalV1 & Golumless all leaving the club in a flurry.

k7OlogL.png

OFF SEASON AT A GLANCE...
Noteworthy changes

IN:

Nil

OUT:
Dingster
ESP > LVB

Chipmunk
ESP > RETIRED

MWPP
ESP > LVB

DERO
ESP > MBD

jmoo wan

ESP > MBD

The list has somewhat stagnated since then, and what looked like a much needed boost and bolstering from potential saviours in Hall of Famer & recruiting impresario Dingster and former Bears skipper MWPP lasted all of a season, when the two best & most credentialed leaders at the club lasted all of a season at the Eyrie. What's now left is a shadow of the club that had been highly engaged, well organised and so strongly led by their experienced and well credentialed former captain Agent93 for the better part of half a dozen seasons.

With the ever so brief captaincy of Chipmunk brought to a close by his premature retirement, inexperienced leaders thewizardmelon & por_please_ya were left to pick up the pieces after the sudden departures of their big name recruits from just a season prior. Life came at them real fast, because they failed to manage a single significant in as no less than five experienced players walked out on the club on the eve of the season.

In fact, the most fight we have seen from the current leadership came as a result of stumbling at the very first hurdle of the season, as a failed teamsheet submission sent them into rapture. A baptism of fire awaits the new leadership in S35 and beyond as their current state is more sharehouse party ashtray than triumphant Phoenix rising from the substantial ashes of their former glory.

WKmIgG2.png

On field, the qooty gods have been far more kind, and this alone has saved them from the indignity of finding themselves the lowest ranked side in the TiFmedia Power Rankings here in Season 35.

With a 6-6-1 record from their last 13 outings, including a promising finals campaign taking them through to a Prelim Final just a handful of games ago at the back end of S34, they'll be hoping their qooty does the majority of the talking this season, as the list looks extremely unlikely to do.

Individually there was a fair bit last season, with Hall of Fame full forward Itsmyshow turning back the clock in as he finished 5th in the Fred. Another former inactive, the evergreen MP_ is enjoying a late career renaissance in midfield having managed equal 5th in the S34 Mobbs Medal standings, and they did also manage two All-SFA blazers but those of course walked out the door adorning Chipmunk & Dingster meaning little to them now.

It must be said, second season skipper thewizardmelon has shown some spunk in committee, and despite offers from all corners of Sweet to support the fledgling club, they seem determined from the outside looking in to roll up their sleeves and weather the storm to come as they seek to right the ship as the club undergoes a rebirth of sorts.

They may want to keep the cannolies on ice in the immediate future though, as Season 35 promises to test their resolve (...and that of their weekly opponents :eyes:)

Last edited:
MWPP and I were always coming for one season for friend Chipmunk before his untimely demise retirement. TIF you missed the recruitment of Catsnlakers and also a good decision to elevate por_please_ya to co captain. Last season they had 19-20 posters every week so that leaves 16 engaged players for Porps and thewizardmelon with a decent base to build on.

Not that I think your current ranking is unfair in what is clearly a rebuild, but they have a sound base to build on if their leaders have the appetite.

kDHukMr.png

#12 - East Side Phoenix

Next cab off the rank is the East Side Phoenix, coming in at 12th in the TiFmedia Power Rankings sporting a list that would even have the S26 era Gumbies smirking with a smug sense of self-satisfaction in comparison.

Now here, much like the Furies, we have yet another equally tragic and cautionary tale warning against the perils of unnecessarily changing your entire club identity because you’re a bit bored.

The rot that has set in on the East Side began back in S32... where they lost a wealth of experience, qooty nous and posting prowess with names like PMBangers, Hate, Biggie, PhenomenalV1 & Golumless all leaving the club in a flurry.

k7OlogL.png

Noteworthy changes

IN:

Nil

OUT:
Dingster
ESP > LVB

Chipmunk
ESP > RETIRED

MWPP
ESP > LVB

DERO
ESP > MBD

jmoo wan

ESP > MBD

The list has somewhat stagnated since then, and what looked like a much needed boost and bolstering from potential saviours in Hall of Famer & recruiting impresario Dingster and former Bears skipper MWPP lasted all of a season, when the two best & most credentialed leaders at the club lasted all of a season at the Eyrie. What's now left is a shadow of the club that had been highly engaged, well organised and so strongly led by their experienced and well credentialed former captain Agent93 for the better part of half a dozen seasons.

With the ever so brief captaincy of Chipmunk brought to a close by his premature retirement, inexperienced leaders thewizardmelon & por_please_ya were left to pick up the pieces after the sudden departures of their big name recruits from just a season prior. Life came at them real fast, because they failed to manage a single significant in as no less than five experienced players walked out on the club on the eve of the season.

In fact, the most fight we have seen from the current leadership came as a result of stumbling at the very first hurdle of the season, as a failed teamsheet submission sent them into rapture. A baptism of fire awaits the new leadership in S35 and beyond as their current state is more sharehouse party ashtray than triumphant Phoenix rising from the substantial ashes of their former glory.

WKmIgG2.png

On field, the qooty gods have been far more kind, and this alone has saved them from the indignity of finding themselves the lowest ranked side in the TiFmedia Power Rankings here in Season 35.

With a 6-6-1 record from their last 13 outings, including a promising finals campaign taking them through to a Prelim Final just a handful of games ago at the back end of S34, they'll be hoping their qooty does the majority of the talking this season, as the list looks extremely unlikely to do.

Individually there was a fair bit last season, with Hall of Fame full forward Itsmyshow turning back the clock in as he finished 5th in the Fred. Another former inactive, the evergreen MP_ is enjoying a late career renaissance in midfield having managed equal 5th in the S34 Mobbs Medal standings, and they did also manage two All-SFA blazers but those of course walked out the door adorning Chipmunk & Dingster meaning little to them now.

It must be said, second season skipper thewizardmelon has shown some spunk in committee, and despite offers from all corners of Sweet to support the fledgling club, they seem determined from the outside looking in to roll up their sleeves and weather the storm to come as they seek to right the ship as the club undergoes a rebirth of sorts.

They may want to keep the cannolies on ice in the immediate future though, as Season 35 promises to test their resolve (...and that of their weekly opponents :eyes:)
Too high.

MWPP and I were always coming for one season for friend Chipmunk before his untimely demise retirement. TIF you missed the recruitment of Catsnlakers and also a good decision to elevate por_please_ya to co captain. Last season they had 19-20 posters every week so that leaves 16 engaged players for Porps and thewizardmelon with a decent base to build on.

Not that I think your current ranking is unfair in what is clearly a rebuild, but they have a sound base to build on if their leaders have the appetite.
Didn't miss porps as captain, as I say here
inexperienced leaders @thewizardmelon & @por_please_ya
Letting you two leave after one season was a body blow to the club, whatever the arrangement was.

As far as recruits, for the sake of 'noteworthy ins' under the criteria, Catsnlakers doesn't rate. I like him personally and agree, but the algorithm is using a specific measure.

I have just come out of a match with the Phoenix where 17 posters had 10 or more posts for the week, and 14 of them was us.

It was a decent enough week, don't get me wrong, but that's grim for the start of a season.

Last edited:
Proud of every recruit we made under my tenure. I look forward to seeing how my successors further mould the team under their own identity 😊

Last edited:
kDHukMr.png

#12 - East Side Phoenix

k7OlogL.png

Noteworthy changes

IN:

Nil

OUT:
Dingster
ESP > LVB

Chipmunk
ESP > RETIRED

MWPP
ESP > LVB

DERO
ESP > MBD

jmoo wan

ESP > MBD

WKmIgG2.png

Are you just copying our fixture for your power rankings or is your algorithm a fan of coincidence? Either way I'm on the edge of my seat with mad anticipation to see who's next (it's the Bears right?).

Didn't miss porps as captain, as I say here

Letting you two leave after one season was a body blow to the club, whatever the arrangement was.

As far as recruits, for the sake of 'noteworthy ins' under the criteria, Catsnlakers doesn't rate. I like him personally and agree, but the algorithm is using a specific meanure.

I have just come out of a match with the Phoenix where 17 posters had 10 or more posts for the week, and 14 of them was us.

It was a decent enough week, don't get me wrong, but that's grim for the start of a season.
Well when certain clubs in the SFA have bulked up lists, what are THEY doing to help struggling clubs like ours? We couldn't even de-list anybody. Two people left without even telling us they were leaving until I directly approached them.

It's not for want of trying. Myself and wiz approached many people and were constantly knocked back so what the **** are we meant to do mate? I'm sure you and plenty others would love to see us fold.

Well when certain clubs in the SFA have bulked up lists, what are THEY doing to help struggling clubs like ours? We couldn't even de-list anybody. Two people left without even telling us they were leaving until I directly approached them.

It's not for want of trying. Myself and wiz approached many people and were constantly knocked back so what the * are we meant to do mate? I'm sure you and plenty others would love to see us fold.
We took NaturalDisaster off your hands. Isn't that enough?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Myself and wiz approached many people and were constantly knocked back
Is that why I didn't get a PM last year? I didn't even get one from Headless .

How am I supposed to feel loved in this world if I don't have offers to reject?
I'm sure you and plenty others would love to see us fold.
I'd could name 6 other teams I'd want to fold before losing my chance to crush your recruitment dreams every December.

It's not for want of trying. Myself and wiz approached many people and were constantly knocked back so what the * are we meant to do mate? I'm sure you and plenty others would love to see us fold.

Interesting that the Wazzes are at the max but most are near inactive. Meanwhile Coney Island is a joke in terms ofQooty results. Expect them to come in 11th unless the algorithm is on the fritz.

I'd could name 6 other teams I'd want to fold before losing my chance to crush your recruitment dreams every December.
We tried to rescue you a long time ago Footyguy but you didn't listen so... never again mate. You're on your own ;)

Are you just copying our fixture for your power rankings or is your algorithm a fan of coincidence? Either way I'm on the edge of my seat with mad anticipation to see who's next (it's the Bears right?).

giphy.webp

Maybe I should fire the algorithm...

takes notes

One day.

One day.

I'm on record as a 'fold the Furies' ambassador. But you should be the Hawks.

You get no disagreement from me on the strength of clubs, I was anti-expansion for this very reason.

Interesting that the Wazzes are at the max but most are near inactive. Meanwhile Coney Island is a joke in terms ofQooty results. Expect them to come in 11th unless the algorithm is on the fritz.
Your tears are noted, sir.

1676506559739.png
We tried to rescue you a long time ago Footyguy but you didn't listen so... never again mate. You're on your own ;)
FootyGuy13 isn't on his own... he's with 29 other Warriors. 30 if you include the Whore Tree.

Of laughter
Something's leaking at least.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media TiFmedia Sweet FA Power Rankings - Season 35

Back