Rumour Tigers accused of groping teammate

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn’t make the comments but I agree with you 100%
I use to shower in my jokes or wait to I got home due to not being comfortable showering with a bunch of blokes due to previous child abuse

and yet I was teased constantly about not being man enough or less of a teammate for not getting naked in front of the boys

it’s sh*t behaviour that needs to change
hope you're doing ok mate. that shit's tough.

Imagine if Chol did it to Vlaustin/Short/another teammate 5 minutes prior, off camera. All the feigned outrage will need to be re-directed elsewhere.

Shame is most of the posters piling in are just trivialising sexual assault purely for ammunition in the usual football tribalism bullshit - when they know full well it would happen at their club as well.

Hopefully Hardwick speaks to Chol, and Chol can feel comfortable enough to tell him whether it bothered him, or if it was horseplay he also takes part in. If he’s bothered by it, Vlaustin and Short will cop a serve from Hardwick and apologise to Chol - and we move on.

I’d flatten any bloke that tried groping my genitals.

There’s something off about blokes that go grabbing someone’s genitals. I don’t think it’s just a joke they get something sexual out of it.
and that's fine! my best mate and i are big exponents on bum and dick taps with each other. i don't wanna boof him, that's just our relationship as mates. i don't think vlastuin wants to boof chol, he probably does that with his mates, and assumed chol would be fine with it. clearly, not the case.

Who said it was sexual? Who cares?

Let's not **** arse about, a dudes dick is a sexual organ. Touching another dick, outside of being in a fight and looking for a groin strike, is always a little bit sexual. It doesn't mean anyone is gay, but I don't believe in glossing over it.

Absolutely disgusting behaviour. No means no. Actually police can charge without the victim.
you sound like the kind of person who thinks calling a white person a cracker is as bad as calling a black person an (insert word). its entirely up to chol to decide if he was assaulted or not, not random twitter people.

This is truly the way of the world. Everyone must suffer for an individual's mental scars/hang-ups.
So by me not getting naked in front of the boys is somehow making them suffer for my past trauma ...and the abuse I cop from teammates is warranted ...

I really hope you didn’t write it like that because that’s pretty shit

This is truly the way of the world. Everyone must suffer for an individual's mental scars/hang-ups.

I feel for those blokes who suffer because they're not allowed to grab their mate's junk anymore. What message are we sending to our kids if they grow up thinking a harmless grope is wrong?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The body language from Chol and Short are worlds apart. One is covering himself after asking Vlastuin to stop and hangs back from the group at the end, the other opens his stance after Jack taps him and jumps in at the end. Can people really not see the difference here? Or is it just the classic footy boys being footy boys so everyone must enjoy it.

At no stage did it look like Chol was having a fun time with that joke.

Obviously just going off the body language shown in the video so not suggesting police must get involved or Chol isn't in with the joke etc but it should be investigated.

Last edited:
The whole thing is just fascinating tbh.

It doesn't look like chol is enjoying the attention one bit, but on the other hand I have nfi what goes on there regularly and whether it is just a case of there being a juevinile crotch assaulting culture that everyone is essentially fine with.

Any statement that comes from Richmond will be bloody fascinating to read. Will need their lawyers and PR to go over it a dozen times to avoid the dozens of opportunities to put their feet in their mouth.

So by me not getting naked in front of the boys is somehow making them suffer for my past trauma

I really hope you didn’t write it like that because that’s pretty sh*t

Had second thoughts and deleted the post. I'm sorry for your trauma.

These things get worked out in groups and sports clubs tend to have an "all for one, one for all" mentatlity. Most people are reasonable though and I'm sure they'd have granted you a tacit exemption if they understood.

Had second thoughts and deleted the post. I'm sorry for your trauma.

These things get worked out in groups and sports clubs tend to have an "all for one, one for all" mentatlity. Most people are reasonable though and I'm sure they'd have granted you a tacit exemption if they understood.
The point I was trying to make was that was the culture in the locker room when I was playing , which was backed up by the coach saying the same thing.

It’s something that should be reflected on in sporting environments ...let alone workplaces that still support these type of attitudes towards colleagues.

Just my opinion

The whole thing is just fascinating tbh.

It doesn't look like chol is enjoying the attention one bit, but on the other hand I have nfi what goes on there regularly and whether it is just a case of there being a juevinile crotch assaulting culture that everyone is essentially fine with.

Any statement that comes from Richmond will be bloody fascinating to read. Will need their lawyers and PR to go over it a dozen times to avoid the dozens of opportunities to put their feet in their mouth.
Will need their insurers lawyers across it also. One wrong statement and it could be a hefty payday.

I feel for those blokes who suffer because they're not allowed to grab their mate's junk anymore. What message are we sending to our kids if they grow up thinking a harmless grope is wrong?

Gave an insight into club high jinks which some would have found amusing and others offensive. Shouldn't have occurred on camera and my guess is it won't be seen again.

There’s nothing wrong with homosexuality. It is common in various military services especially those servicing around the world. Military bases will often have a thriving homosexual nightlife scenes operating nearby.

It’s the isolation. Could the isolation in the hubs be causing some of this behaviour? Let me be clear there’s absolutely nothing wrong with it I’m just trying to understand and explain this behaviour.

Posted on another thread, but more appropriate here.

You guys need to get your yellow and black goggles off. I love the tigers as much as you do, but I umpire in the local leagues and it’s amazing how whatever happens on TV works it’s way into junior footy. Imagine if it was your son or daughter on the receiving end. And they don’t really feel comfortable in complaining because there’s a lot of peergroup pressure and, you know, it’s just ‘standard footy club fare‘. Just like racism used to be. What I’ve seen posted on this board a couple of times now is our players engaging in indecent assault, plain and simple. It’s a horrible, horrible look.

As one who suffered a sporting lifetime of casual racism, I know you can’t complain and still fit in at the same time. You just grin and bear the ‘only joking’ mentality, especially if you’re a fringe player. Haven’t seen this done to Dusty or Cotch.

And then one day you stop and think, enough’s enough. Ask Heritier.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back