Player Watch Tim Broomhead - (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

I can’t agree with it.
Broomhead choose to swing his leg at the ball. He was never even close.
If you want to blame someone........Heater pushed him towards the post just before he swung the leg.

Glad someone finally said this... what the hell was Broomy thinking ? Totally uneccesary to even try to kick the ball..

I know it is a practical discussion that the club will need to have, but i think its a bit premature to be discussing his playing future right now. Its still only r2. These decisions Are still a while off.

For now, i just wish him all the best with his recovery. That was an injury i wouldn't wish on anyone. I don't think we need to be discussing his football ability right now or his future at collingwood. I just wish the kid well

IIRC Pendlebury cracked a fibula around three or four years ago, they put a titanium plate around it and he was back playing footy a few weeks later.

Broomhead has a clean break of both his fibula and tibia, so it’s a different thing and he’s not going to be playing round 4. Still, he might be lucky and not have to wait two years either.

All the best to Tim.

I had a very similar injury (tib/fib) a few years back. I won't comment on my recovery as I'm a lot older and not really comparable but , either way , it's a long road back and I'll be thinking of him and hoping for the smoothest possible recovery.

As far as being retained on the list.
The injury has occurred in the service of the club. It is therefore a moral imperative that his employment is extended to give him the best chance to resurrect his career.
I will be shockingly dissapointed if the club cuts him loose or rookies him.
Good post. The club has to stand by him and retain him on the list so he has the chance to recover his career and livelihood. It sends a very bad message otherwise.

Apparently someone found an old piece of Freeman's hamstring on the wing at Vic Park and they are going to use that to tie Broomy's leg back together - Medium Term.

In all seriousness though, just a shocking bit of bad luck at the worst possible time for the lad. Not going to speculate on his career at the moment, just wish him all the best.

All the best to Tim.

I had a very similar injury (tib/fib) a few years back. I won't comment on my recovery as I'm a lot older and not really comparable but , either way , it's a long road back and I'll be thinking of him and hoping for the smoothest possible recovery.

Hoe's your leg now Piewithsauce? how did you do it?

As far as being retained on the list.
The injury has occurred in the service of the club. It is therefore a moral imperative that his employment is extended to give him the best chance to resurrect his career.
I will be shockingly dissapointed if the club cuts him loose or rookies him.

Agree totally. I could imagine they would rookie him though. That would be a just a pass.

Glad someone finally said this... what the hell was Broomy thinking ? Totally uneccesary to even try to kick the ball..

True, it was a terrible decision to swing the leg, since the ball was about 5 meters away anyway.

Then again, Philips did miss a target he should have hit and sent Broomhead running towards the goal in the first place. A bit like missing a guy and send him running face forward towards an oncoming pack. I know it wasn't on purpose, but Philips, Adams, Treloar -- can we really have them all in the midfield? They could open a butcher's shop.

Poor bloke. Hope he gets better soon. I suffered the same break in a footy game in 2008. It was a long hard road back, 1 year to recover and another year of related recurring muscle injuries on top of it. I am still playing now and it hasn't effected me since. I have no doubt this won't end Broomy's career. He just needs a lot of support to get through the next year or two.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another mention today by Buckley on SEN about Broomhead finally understanding the “caper required” to make the game. What the **** are our development staff doing, Broomhead has been here for 5 years? (Could be wrong) and he’s finally understanding now?

Add that in with Aish, Sier etc and no wonder all our development has been stifled. They should know by the end of first pre season what is required. Becoming a worrying trend of our pre season

True, it was a terrible decision to swing the leg, since the ball was about 5 meters away anyway.

Then again, Philips did miss a target he should have hit and sent Broomhead running towards the goal in the first place. A bit like missing a guy and send him running face forward towards an oncoming pack. I know it wasn't on purpose, but Philips, Adams, Treloar -- can we really have them all in the midfield? They could open a butcher's shop.
To me it looked more like Crocker misjudging and running under the ball.

It was a poor decision given the ball looked already over the line, I guess in the heat of the moment he has misjudged it.

I think he'd made his mind up to try and soccer it through. But as he went to kick, he also received a shove from behind by Heath Shaw which may have propelled him further forward than expected.
But yeah, he looked pretty far away from the footy when he kicked out.

It was a poor decision given the ball looked already over the line, I guess in the heat of the moment he has misjudged it.

From my vantage point it was not obviously going over the line.........Tim was running pretty fast and it is an oval ball that we are talking about here.

Another mention today by Buckley on SEN about Broomhead finally understanding the “caper required” to make the game. What the **** are our development staff doing, Broomhead has been here for 5 years? (Could be wrong) and he’s finally understanding now?

Add that in with Aish, Sier etc and no wonder all our development has been stifled. They should know by the end of first pre season what is required. Becoming a worrying trend of our pre season
An interesting take.
And certainly has validity when you’ve lived a bit, experienced life a bit.

But these are kids, young calves, learning about football and life as they go along.

Ofcourse they are told all about their golden opportunities- probably many times.

But maturity and understanding can take time, sometimes not at all.
I’m sure for every Buckley type who dedicate every second to their sport, who understand the rare opportunity they have, there are others who just don’t care as much. Happy to coast.
Happy to think they get it...

Some never get it.

And never will.

I’d suggest our club is like the other 17 clubs who tell the players about the opportunities but likely have the same outcomes. Some get it some don’t.

From my vantage point it was not obviously going over the line.........Tim was running pretty fast and it is an oval ball that we are talking about here.

Was always going over from watching on TV, ball was tumbling forwards end over end, any forward worth their salt would read that ball was moving forwards (unlikely to double back).

When out on the ground running full tilt, he may have thought he was a chance to make it, but really he was at least half a metre away from it, Shaw pushed him off the line of the ball and he still chose to stick the foot out in desperation despite the ball being on or over the line when he initially goes to kick at it.

$

For mine it looked like the push from Shaw threw him of balance and was committed to the kick.

All happened in a quick flash.

He actually takes another step or 2 after Shaws contact, the ball is on or just over the line when he attempts to reach across the goal post by kicking, I assume to get a toe on it. It was just an act out of desperation and misjudgement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Tim Broomhead - (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back