Player Watch Tim Broomhead - (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Was always going over from watching on TV, ball was tumbling forwards end over end, any forward worth their salt would read that ball was moving forwards (unlikely to double back).

When out on the ground running full tilt, he may have thought he was a chance to make it, but really he was at least half a metre away from it, Shaw pushed him off the line of the ball and he still chose to stick the foot out in desperation despite the ball being on or over the line when he initially goes to kick at it.

I sit second level on that end and I called it as I "saw" it in real time.

By the way I really don't want to see a replay of that incident.

I think he'd made his mind up to try and soccer it through. But as he went to kick, he also received a shove from behind by Heath Shaw which may have propelled him further forward than expected.
But yeah, he looked pretty far away from the footy when he kicked out.

I think this is likely where it is at, committed to having a crack at it.

He actually takes another step or 2 after Shaws contact, the ball is on or just over the line when he attempts to reach across the goal post by kicking, I assume to get a toe on it. It was just an act out of desperation and misjudgement.
Yeah, he might have done that but in real time, it was the push that put him off balance but the thought process was still there.

Don't agree that it was desperation nor misjudgment. It was more like a 'in the moment action'.

I know it is a practical discussion that the club will need to have, but i think its a bit premature to be discussing his playing future right now. Its still only r2. These decisions Are still a while off.

For now, i just wish him all the best with his recovery. That was an injury i wouldn't wish on anyone. I don't think we need to be discussing his football ability right now or his future at collingwood. I just wish the kid well

True but I highly doubt he be back this Season and he is out of Contract

Apparently someone found an old piece of Freeman's hamstring on the wing at Vic Park and they are going to use that to tie Broomy's leg back together - Medium Term.

In all seriousness though, just a shocking bit of bad luck at the worst possible time for the lad. Not going to speculate on his career at the moment, just wish him all the best.

Why would Freeman's Hammy be at Vic Park?

Was always going over from watching on TV, ball was tumbling forwards end over end, any forward worth their salt would read that ball was moving forwards (unlikely to double back).

When out on the ground running full tilt, he may have thought he was a chance to make it, but really he was at least half a metre away from it, Shaw pushed him off the line of the ball and he still chose to stick the foot out in desperation despite the ball being on or over the line when he initially goes to kick at it.

$

Should of not Happen as Phillips missed a Very Easy Target in Crocker and Luck it Bounced Thru the Goal

Should of not Happen as Phillips missed a Very Easy Target in Crocker and Luck it Bounced Thru the Goal
Time to kill this ridiculous theory.
Crocker under ran the pass. Philips didn’t drop the ball in short.
Neither action contributed to the injury.
Shaw gave Broomhead a slight push, but was no way in the frame to stop the roll of the ball.
Broomhead chose to have a swing at the ball. Even live I wondered why he bothered.
Broomhead action 100% lead to the injury.
Sorry, but those are the facts.

Shaw gave Broomhead a slight push, but was no way in the frame to stop the roll of the ball.
Broomhead chose to have a swing at the ball. Even live I wondered why he bothered.

and Another Fact to is that could be his last ever AFL Game

and Another Fact to is that could be his last ever AFL Game
A very negative view there Dave.
I prefer to follow the statement Dermie said onFoxfooty.
He looked straight down the camera and told Broomy to make this a great football story. To overcome this injury and carve out an AFL career.
I loved it and respect Derm even more for this than his onfield exploits.

He looked straight down the camera and told Broomy to make this a great football story. To overcome this injury and carve out an AFL career.

We All Hope that what Happens but You Also have to think Sadly he might never get back.

I am tipping though we will either give him a Minnimum Wage 1-Year Deal or go on the Rookie List next year

We All Hope that what Happens but You Also have to think Sadly he might never get back.

I am tipping though we will either give him a Minnimum Wage 1-Year Deal or go on the Rookie List next year
Reckon except for cat b, rookie list will be gone with in a year or two.
Waist of time now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep...and hopefully this has killed all the 'lets blame Phillips, Crocker or Shaw' narrative... it was just a dumb move by Tim..

Hoe's your leg now Piewithsauce? how did you do it?

I wish I could say I did it skydiving or something but it was just around the house - a rock bed I was walking over, slipped and my weight came down over a buckled leg and that's all she wrote. Tib/fib snap , one at the knee and one at the ankle - both now held together with plates and screws

2 weeks hospital and after being immobile , then walking frame , then crutches/physio I first walked unaided about 8 months later.

I was almost 40 at the time and so the recovery is obviously a bit different to a very fit (much slighter) 24 year old who can rehab constantly.

I have never been the same - lost all shock absorption in the knee for running but funnily enough can still kick a footy (wrong side and all).......probably better than most guys on our list :p

I get severe shooting pains in my leg as a fairly random occurrence maybe once a week or so but aside from that (and being very noisy/arthritic) it doesn't cause me an enormous amount of trouble from day to day.

I really need to work more on strengthening it but the injury had such an effect on us in other areas (financially etc...) that as soon as I got walking life got too busy.

Thanks for asking :)

I don’t think he should be given another contract. I know it’s harsh, however, he has been in the system for some time and we aren’t in a position to carry players for a ‘feel good story’.

This year should have been his last opportunity for the club to assess whether he is worth keeping. It’s unfortunate he broke his leg. This puts him back probably 18 months to a couple of years to really show us something. That’s too late.

I have a lot of time for Broomhead and still think he has more talent than Josh Thomas/Keefe/Oxley who we've carried for years. No reason we can't rookie list him. Would be a better bet than another Josh Smith rookie or Michael Manteit.

It also sends the message that we look after our players so would be better for talent retention and attracting talent. Need any help we can get on that front cause it's definitely not going to be our performances that attract players to want to come to Collingwood!

I wish I could say I did it skydiving or something but it was just around the house - a rock bed I was walking over, slipped and my weight came down over a buckled leg and that's all she wrote. Tib/fib snap , one at the knee and one at the ankle - both now held together with plates and screws

2 weeks hospital and after being immobile , then walking frame , then crutches/physio I first walked unaided about 8 months later.

I was almost 40 at the time and so the recovery is obviously a bit different to a very fit (much slighter) 24 year old who can rehab constantly.

I have never been the same - lost all shock absorption in the knee for running but funnily enough can still kick a footy (wrong side and all).......probably better than most guys on our list :p

I get severe shooting pains in my leg as a fairly random occurrence maybe once a week or so but aside from that (and being very noisy/arthritic) it doesn't cause me an enormous amount of trouble from day to day.

I really need to work more on strengthening it but the injury had such an effect on us in other areas (financially etc...) that as soon as I got walking life got too busy.

Thanks for asking :)

Good to hear it’s okay.

I have a lot of time for Broomhead and still think he has more talent than Josh Thomas/Keefe/Oxley who we've carried for years. No reason we can't rookie list him. Would be a better bet than another Josh Smith rookie or Michael Manteit.

It also sends the message that we look after our players so would be better for talent retention and attracting talent. Need any help we can get on that front cause it's definitely not going to be our performances that attract players to want to come to Collingwood!
This.

Dermie has always had a very soft spot for us, as he barracked for us as a kid.
I’ve always liked him for this, and he’s never fallen into the easy status of just bagging us as easy media material.

Be careful collingwood
Grundys best mate
Look after him
If it’s line ball, really line ball, that may tip the balance a little.
Sometimes comraderie does matter.

Overall decisions will be made seasons end and even next season.

If it’s line ball, really line ball, that may tip the balance a little.
Sometimes comraderie does matter.

Overall decisions will be made seasons end and even next season.
Very true. Hopefully Broomhead makes a full recovery. Decisions can wait until the end of the year.

Yep...and hopefully this has killed all the 'lets blame Phillips, Crocker or Shaw' narrative... it was just a dumb move by Tim..

Can you imagine the uproar if the ball had taken a slightly different trajectory and grazed the post and Broomy hadn't tried to connect with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Tim Broomhead - (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back