Player Watch Tim Broomhead - (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't read the thread since the broken leg...
My point is obvious and has been stated.. .
Grundy and the Broom are best mates ....
Broom deserves a 1 year contract .
Grun dog would be a happy chappy ..
We kept 2 Blokes after St Kilda beach drug stuff up for 2 years
Keep the broom...

Still waiting for your expert opinion on why Broomhead is a good player, oh that's right, you can't be bothered, funny how people who have no idea all of a sudden don't want to respond, we should get together some time chump and share some stories

I'm yet to see any unreasonable assessments in relation to Broomy but the kid has shown his pace and skills could enable him to make the grade. Restricted to 35-40 games through injury, what amazes me is posters who definitively claim they know he can't make it. At least the projection that he COULD is evidence based, whereas the projection he can't is purely a guess.

Any news on Broomhead?

Understand he’s out for the season - but it’s been nearly 4 months since he broke his leg and surely he’d be in rehab by now? Has he been seen on the training track at all?

Any news on Broomhead?

Understand he’s out for the season - but it’s been nearly 4 months since he broke his leg and surely he’d be in rehab by now? Has he been seen on the training track at all?

Had the same thought yesterday. Strangely feel now that if he can make a full recovery, that he will be decent depth in late 2019. Like Richmond our gameplan now requires that we have speedy hard running players to call upon if needed

Any news on Broomhead?

Nothing but he could Easily Signed a New Contract and Club would not Announce it

Nothing but he could Easily Signed a New Contract and Club would not Announce it

24 year old ..

... played 36 games in 6 seasons ...

... small forward player who has kicked 27 goals in those 36 games ...

... he’s competing with players like JT and Stephenson who have both kicked more goals (28) in just this season alone. Add Elliott to that who is yet to come back and obviously Elliott is ahead in the pecking order.

... although other players he is competing with for the position include Kirby (out indefinitely, will probably retire?), Blair (only played 2 games this season, players of his experience who play that little rarely get a contract extension, will be delisted?) and Fasolo (Free agent, might look for better opportunities elsewhere?).

Last edited:
I agree on rookie listing but if push came to shove even an additional year on the senior list wouldn't be such a bad thing. Wouldn't be on huge money. Love to see Broomy get a decent crack at it.

Just delist him, absolute list clogger along with Blair, Smith and Wells, get some height into the team instaed of these useless dwarfs

Just delist him, absolute list clogger along with Blair, Smith and Wells, get some height into the team instaed of these useless dwarfs
The dwarfs seemed to be going ok at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are 180/181, may as well get rid of Elliott at 178, Adams at 181, Sidebottom at 184 and Treloar at 182 as well, right?o_O

They are 180/181, may as well get rid of Elliott at 178, Adams at 181, Sidebottom at 184 and Treloar at 182 as well, right?o_O

Elliot,Adams,Sidebottom and Treloar as so far much better players it's not Funny

It is if the only thing is to get rid of players based on their height. Would mean that Daicos and Brown are also no good because of their height.

Very True but Shorter Players just don't have Upside as Taller Players do

Very True but Shorter Players just don't have Upside as Taller Players do
Don't think I can agree with that, they all have a role and not sure that a few centimetres makes that much difference.

Supporters get just as excited when they see players like Rioli or a Franklin bring to the team/game.

Don't think I can agree with that, they all have a role and not sure that a few centimetres makes that much difference.

Supporters get just as excited when they see players like Rioli or a Franklin bring to the team/game.
I think this is Something over the Time that we Disagree on a bit

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Tim Broomhead - (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back