Player Watch Tim Broomhead - (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Keep telling yourself that, it's not fishing, it's based on the fact that Broomhead has done nothing in 6 years ya smart ass

Yes I am a smart arse = guilty as charged.

You came onto the North V Hawks game day thread with a Bucks snipe. I told you to take it to the Bucks thread.
You took offence to that.

You come to the Broomhead thread and say he hasn't done anything in 6 years.......I tell you to take your fishing rod somewhere else. Again you take offence.

My point is you add nothing to the threads bar sniping.

Broomhead deserves one more year even as a rookie IMO because we have contributed to his shoulder injury in the past.

Is that OK with you CHAMP?

You came onto the North V Hawks game day thread with a Bucks snipe. I told you to take it to the Bucks thread.

You come to the Broomhead thread and say he hasn't done anything in 6 years.......I tell you to take your fishing rod somewhere else. Again you take offence.

Broomhead deserves one more year even as a rookie IMO because we have contributed to his shoulder injury in the past.

I came to the north v hawks game with an observation that we need a coach like clarkson, it's your paranoia that thought it was a snipe

I came to the Broomhead thread with the fact that he is a dud and has done nothing for 6 years.
I will give you the opportunity to enlighten me as to why how Broomhead is even in the conversation about being a good player but you wouldn't have a clue because all you are worried about is that your feelings are hurt, stick to trolling tough guy because your footy knowledge is non existent, CHAMP, lol

Hahaha, "we have contributed to his shoulder injury" so did we set up the impact that caused it, lol

2013- glandular fever
2014 - broke wrist
2015 - Rising star nomination
2016 - shoulder/ankle (club mismanaged his shoulder treatment eventually sending him for op)
2017 - played 14 games
2018 - broken leg.

Reckon he has been pretty unlucky for mine, 6 years is not relevant in this case and I would definitely give him another year. Classy player with good skills.

Last edited:
I came to the north v hawks game with an observation that we need a coach like clarkson, it's your paranoia that thought it was a snipe

I came to the Broomhead thread with the fact that he is a dud and has done nothing for 6 years.
I will give you the opportunity to enlighten me as to why how Broomhead is even in the conversation about being a good player but you wouldn't have a clue because all you are worried about is that your feelings are hurt, stick to trolling tough guy because your footy knowledge is non existent, CHAMP, lol

Hahaha, "we have contributed to his shoulder injury" so did we set up the impact that caused it, lol

21315954-69C1-4300-9E01-065C0DFE530E.gif

Umm, no he does not, we aren't a charity, players don't make the grade for a variety of reasons, he should be delisted come seasons end and given a golden handshake.

Umm, no he does not, we aren't a charity, players don't make the grade for a variety of reasons, he should be delisted come seasons end and given a golden handshake.
It would send out a very ordinary message to the playing group if a player who picked up such a horrible injury while playing for our club was to be axed at the end of the season, especially when he's had such an ordinary run with injury even prior to that mishap. We've been prepared to carry players on the list in recent years for various reasons, so keeping Broomhead on for (at least) one more year won't hurt too much. Perhaps delisting then picking him up in the Rookie Draft would be a reasonable enough move.

I've never been a great fan of Broomhead I must say, and have never seen enough from him at senior level to think he would make it. Ironically, I'd have had him in line for delisting at the end of the year unless he showed some real improvement in 2018. Yet there's just no way I think we should (or would) axe him now. Sydney keep the "ill-fated" Alex Johnson on their list, though he hasn't played a senior game since 2012. They surely know there's almost no chance of him playing decent AFL football for them again, but even in this day and age are still prepared to put "doing the right thing" first.

@drafted hawk, who clearly had inside knowledge at the time, reported that we stuffed his rehab through misdiagnosis, setting him back over a year. Derrick Hine confirmed this to Stoods at our GM. If that's not enough, here is what Broomhead himself said about the injury:
"I should have had surgery when I did it," he says."When I saw the surgeon and doctors after it happened, they said the strength would come back in a month or so."
"I couldn't tackle. At the start, I just couldn't lift my arm at all. It came back a tiny bit, but of my right [shoulder] it was only 25, 30 per cent. At best it got to 40 per cent."

Eventually he had surgery in 2016. It revealed, and repaired, a torn rotator cuff and detached tendons and removed loose bits of bone. "When [the doctor] opened it and saw that, he said, 'There's a little bit more than I initially thought'."It would have been nice if they could have worked that out from all the scans 14 months ago. I'm not really sure how they didn't work it out. There's not any point getting too angry. It would have been nice to have had it done 12 months early then I'd probably be a year ahead of where I am now, but not much can be done about it now."

Keep telling yourself that, it's not fishing, it's based on the fact that Broomhead has done nothing in 6 years ya smart ass
Small point of order but if we’re dealing in whole numbers, 5 years is probably more accurate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he gains another year, if nothing else is a nice depth player.
Added bonus as depth, he also keeps Grundy happy.

Every team needs solid depth, can’t see the harm of keeping him a bit longer.

And he’s never had a great run at it, injury wise.

Our club has a history of sticking by our players. There is no way in hell we'd delist Tim after such a horrible injury representing our club. Unless Tim decides to pull the pin himself.

The fact that he has only played 36 games and kicked 27 goals/20 points has been mainly due to injury and not form.
He turned 24 in March and still has a few good years ahead. He is a keeper for mine.
He’s got talent.

Needs clear run at it.

If least of least he is good depth. And not expensive depth.

I’d keep :)

It's time you went and played with the other kids CHAMP you have shown your true colours in post #304.
Still waiting for your expert opinion on why Broomhead is a good player, oh that's right, you can't be bothered, funny how people who have no idea all of a sudden don't want to respond, we should get together some time chump and share some stories

Still waiting for your expert opinion on why Broomhead is a good player, oh that's right, you can't be bothered, funny how people who have no idea all of a sudden don't want to respond, we should get together some time chump and share some stories

You back?

Would you like a hug?

It would send out a very ordinary message to the playing group if a player who picked up such a horrible injury while playing for our club was to be axed at the end of the season, especially when he's had such an ordinary run with injury even prior to that mishap. We've been prepared to carry players on the list in recent years for various reasons, so keeping Broomhead on for (at least) one more year won't hurt too much. Perhaps delisting then picking him up in the Rookie Draft would be a reasonable enough move.

I've never been a great fan of Broomhead I must say, and have never seen enough from him at senior level to think he would make it. Ironically, I'd have had him in line for delisting at the end of the year unless he showed some real improvement in 2018. Yet there's just no way I think we should (or would) axe him now. Sydney keep the "ill-fated" Alex Johnson on their list, though he hasn't played a senior game since 2012. They surely know there's almost no chance of him playing decent AFL football for them again, but even in this day and age are still prepared to put "doing the right thing" first.

How many years did Geelong keep Josh Cowan on their list? And he wasn't a top 25 draft pick, nor did he have half the talent of Broomhead.

How many years did Geelong keep Josh Cowan on their list? And he wasn't a top 25 draft pick, nor did he have half the talent of Broomhead.
Indeed! 8 seasons (2010-2017) for 16 games. Another good example of a club being prepared to "do the right thing". Broomhead will almost certainly be on our list next season; I'd be amazed if we axed him now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Tim Broomhead - (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back