Restricted Free Agent Tim English [RFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

He doesn't, One of the biggest myths on our board but most of his goals he kicks are when he's rucking and drifts forward,

The few times he's played as a genuine forward he's hardly got a kick

The only H&A stint he’s had as a forward was the 5-6 weeks to start 2021 before Stef Martin got injured, as third banana to Bruce and Naughton. I can’t be bothered posting the stats, but you’d know hardly got a kick is putting a ton of mayo on it.

The only H&A stint he’s had as a forward was the 5-6 weeks to start 2021 before Stef Martin got injured, as third banana to Bruce and Naughton. I can’t be bothered posting the stats, but you’d know hardly got a kick is putting a ton of mayo on it.
R1 14 Disposals 1 goal
R2 9 Disposals 1 goal
R3 16 Disposals 3 goals (North good Friday massacre)
R4 17 Disposals 3 goals (Brisbane Ballarat good game as forward)
R5 12 Disposals 1 goal
R6 12 Disposals 0 goals

2 good games out of 6

R1 14 Disposals 1 goal
R2 9 Disposals 1 goal
R3 16 Disposals 3 goals (North good Friday massacre)
R4 17 Disposals 3 goals (Brisbane Ballarat good game as forward)
R5 12 Disposals 1 goal
R6 12 Disposals 0 goals

2 good games out of 6

I’m not sure how you’d argue his Rd 1 game wasn’t good. 14 touches, 8 marks, 4 contested and a goal in a side that only kicked 10. He went back forward against Melbourne in round 11 when Sweet played and had 15, 9 marks and kicked a couple. I’m not going to argue he’s Tom Lynch but “hardly got a kick” is mayo, like I said.

What did you hear ?

Allegedly a family member saying he was coming home.

I'll believe it when it happens as that is the total opposite of what has been said all year so far.

Maybe the drop in form has dropped the offer from the Dogs and they are happy to let him go. And now the interest in Barrass.

And English still yet to sign!

Allegedly a family member saying he was coming home.

I'll believe it when it happens as that is the total opposite of what has been said all year so far.

Maybe the drop in form has dropped the offer from the Dogs and they are happy to let him go. And now the interest in Barrass.

And English still yet to sign!
English strikes me as the type of guy who would come to us if we offered 10k more per year then Doggies.

Feels like he just wants the most money he can get

Those here are not fussed if he leaves. It allows a Lobb/Darcy ruck next year or allows a cheap ruck option. It also gives them a priority pick and frees up cap space.

The thing is Eagles bought in Flynn last year. Unless they plan on moving him or Williams on or something there's no space for English to play and he's not going to play as a forward if he can play ruck at the dogs.

Those here are not fussed if he leaves. It allows a Lobb/Darcy ruck next year or allows a cheap ruck option. It also gives them a priority pick and frees up cap space.

The thing is Eagles bought in Flynn last year. Unless they plan on moving him or Williams on or something there's no space for English to play and he's not going to play as a forward if he can play ruck at the dogs.
Flynn wouldn't be on big money and Williams can play forward. If the Eagles want him they can get him.

Flynn wouldn't be on big money and Williams can play forward. If the Eagles want him they can get him.

If they did Bailey would ask to be traded IMO.

Eagles have too many tall fowards that need developing and it looks like main ruck is his preferred spot, even though he is undersized. He needs to get his forward game up and running if he doesnt want to just be a depth bqcakup ruck.

Flynn hasnt been able to stay on the park. Looks like another year wasted by injury, at least Bailey is durable. (Touches wood).

If they did Bailey would ask to be traded IMO.

Eagles have too many tall fowards that need developing and it looks like main ruck is his preferred spot, even though he is undersized. He needs to get his forward game up and running if he doesnt want to just be a depth bqcakup ruck.

Flynn hasnt been able to stay on the park. Looks like another year wasted by injury, at least Bailey is durable. (Touches wood).
Still think Williams is good bait for Baker even if Tigers fans want to cry about not getting pick 5 for Baker.

Perfect foil for them as Williams allows Balta to focus on defense without needing to waste time in the ruck. He also provides a tall forward option they dont have

If Eagles can dump Williams and it ends in Baker/English then is probably a win, even though English is having a terrible season. In the end I just dont see how Eagles spend our money otherwise. We literally have no one to pay. For Eagles we dont really have a option available to us in free agency for another 4 years as 2025/26 just no one available at all with all of our targets signing up already

It will be English or nobody

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still think Williams is good bait for Baker even if Tigers fans want to cry about not getting pick 5 for Baker.

Perfect foil for them as Williams allows Balta to focus on defense without needing to waste time in the ruck. He also provides a tall forward option they dont have

If Eagles can dump Williams and it ends in Baker/English then is probably a win, even though English is having a terrible season. In the end I just dont see how Eagles spend our money otherwise. We literally have no one to pay. For Eagles we dont really have a option available to us in free agency for another 4 years as 2025/26 just no one available at all with all of our targets signing up already

It will be English or nobody
Oh no, please don't.

We will be devastated with a top 10 pick ☹️

Last edited:
And you nailed it on the head too.

Doggies have no reason to fight off our interest anyway. They should feel comfortable to simply lure a ruckman away like a Nick Bryan and end up in a similar place (although Bombers probably fleece them hard)
Bryan out of contract and likely not a target for dogs. Pittonet is having his audition tonight for the dogs so probably be him.

Club wants to keep English and believe they will
Suspect so but they are hardly going to be devastated if he leaves. If you sau 800k and Eagles say 1 mill then you have no reason to go to 1.1 mill to beat us

A top 10 pick wont be a bad get for the club. He isnt a player who is going to like stop a push to the next premiership for you lot. Doggies would have options elsewhere

Suspect so but they are hardly going to be devastated if he leaves. If you sau 800k and Eagles say 1 mill then you have no reason to go to 1.1 mill to beat us

A top 10 pick wont be a bad get for the club. He isnt a player who is going to like stop a push to the next premiership for you lot. Doggies would have options elsewhere
Wouldn't need to beat a West Coast offer anyway. That's not how it works.

If he wasn't any good West Coast wouldn't be trying to get him

Bryan out of contract and likely not a target for dogs. Pittonet is having his audition tonight for the dogs so probably be him.

Beveridge literally hates lumbering rucks though. Would pittonet come unless he is sacked?

Who knows what bevo thinks now days. If English leaves the dogs need a replacement. A older ruck might be the go and Pittonet can play around ground even though he's on the slower side.

I know but beveridge refused flat out to play sweet and rucks of that type. I think he will only play an athletic ruck so why would pitto go there?

Restricted Free Agent Tim English [RFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back