Recommitted Tim Kelly [requested a trade to West Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was talking about freo . At this rate he will be worth 1 million a season . We wont be able to fit him in the cap . Neither will geelong

We can fit him in on 1mil PA easily. But money wont be the issue in getting him to stay.

Don't think geelong can afford his salary next year

Bye bye to Smith Selwood (scott) and possibly Bews and Henderson just to name a few. Can afford TK easily.

Freo should have picks to get it done . Why would they give up good young talented players if they don't have to ?

Brayshaw hasnt shown much and neither has Cerra. No guarantees of them staying. Fremantle might see it as a good opportunity to offload one of them, or possibly both. Kelly is worth both on performances to date. Two exceptional years of AFL. Those two players havent shown they even belong in the starting 22 at Freo. They are just high picks thats all.

Dont forget Joel, Hawkins and Hary dont have many years left not to mention Ablett.

Joel and Hawkins are on long term contracts done years ago so well and truly factored into our TPP. Harry and Ablett will go on 1 year deals or retire wont cost a heap.

Brayshaw hasnt shown much and neither has Cerra. No guarantees of them staying. Fremantle might see it as a good opportunity to offload one of them, or possibly both. Kelly is worth both on performances to date. Two exceptional years of AFL. Those two players havent shown they even belong in the starting 22 at Freo. They are just high picks thats all.
I think you are underselling them especially cerra .
I seem to remember de goey not looking that good until about his 3-4th year . Young guys take time .
Freo wont give up the talent they have for kelly . Thats the way the list gets better by adding talent and keeping what they have .

TK clearly gone up in value

Certainly didn’t see this level of upside

Not sure how WC could meet trade demands or his salary anymore

Something has to give, though.

Like he doesn't have the freedom to any contract anywhere even if he was worth it. If he wants Perth there are still only two options bound by cap space and draft currency. If he stays I imagine he won't get what some people think he is worth. The chasing max dollars (assuming outside Geelong or WC) thing has never been on the table.

I'm curious to see what happens if he doesn't want to stay and WC/Freo can't satisfy player or Geelong. Remember his agent is a goose. If he prices WC/Freo out of the market he's creating a problem for his client.

Like he doesn't have the freedom to any contract anywhere even if he was worth it. If he wants Perth there are still only two options bound by cap space and draft currency. If he stays I imagine he won't get what some people think he is worth. The chasing max dollars (assuming outside Geelong or WC) thing has never been on the table.

I'm curious to see what happens if he doesn't want to stay and WC/Freo can't satisfy player or Geelong. Remember his agent is a goose. If he prices WC/Freo out of the market he's creating a problem for his client.

Even if he takes $500k

How are we going to satisfy Geelong?

Let’s say we finish 4th - we get pick 15

That and a future 1st rounder won’t cut it

Even if he takes $500k

How are we going to satisfy Geelong?

Let’s say we finish 4th - we get pick 15

That and a future 1st rounder won’t cut it

To be flippant that's not our problem. No trade gets done for whatever reason and we lose nothing. Can't lose what you don't have.

Two firsts (position TBC) is more than the trade price of Danger, Treloar, Shiel... It's not pick 50 and Nelson. Geelong say no they say no but we're not going to do a Hawthorn 2016 because our team is stable. We can't trade 5 years of firsts...

Brian Cook is no mug. He knows first prize is not trading because the player has re-signed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree its Geelong or WA.
The manager is an idiot-you only have to see how he threw his own client under the bus with his comments about Freo last year (Connors would never do that).
Realistically Freo probably have the most cap space then Geelong then WCE. If the manager tries to price them too high itll pretty much be up to Tim and Caitlin whether they preference more money in Geelong over home or choose home in WA on less money.

To be flippant that's not our problem. No trade gets done for whatever reason and we lose nothing. Can't lose what you don't have.

Two firsts (position TBC) is more than the trade price of Danger, Treloar, Shiel... It's not pick 50 and Nelson. Geelong say no they say no but we're not going to do a Hawthorn 2016 because our team is stable. We can't trade 5 years of firsts...

Brian Cook is no mug. He knows first prize is not trading because the player has re-signed.

I tend to agree with that but it really depends on how much you dont want him at Freo. If Caitlin doesnt want Geelong and Tim doesnt like the idea of the draft and you guys baulk at Geelong's asking price that'll pretty much push him towards choosing Freo due to a lack of other options.

Geelong would have to Delist him to go to the draft I'm guessing ? Any chance of that happening? Cats at worst would take the 2 1st round picks over that..

Geelong would have to Delist him to go to the draft I'm guessing ? Any chance of that happening? Cats at worst would take the 2 1st round picks over that..

No he can delist himself (doesnt become a DFA in those circs) and nominate for ND with a price on his head. However with live trading any club can trade up above WCE to get Tim if they want him so given he doesnt want to end up in a non WA state he wont risk it imo.

Joel and Hawkins are on long term contracts done years ago so well and truly factored into our TPP. Harry and Ablett will go on 1 year deals or retire wont cost a heap.

The point is that the Cats can back end his contract significantly in a couple of years when J Selwood, Hawkins, Ablett and Taylor are all retired. 2021 >.

Cats have some aging stars still on pretty decent coin.

Will be interesting to see the Geelong best 22 in a couple of years.

No he can delist himself (doesnt become a DFA in those circs) and nominate for ND with a price on his head. However with live trading any club can trade up above WCE to get Tim if they want him so given he doesnt want to end up in a non WA state he wont risk it imo.

In your opinion.

If he moves its Perth and either Freo or Eagles.

No other club will draft him against his will outside WA.

You need to just accept this reality.

In your opinion.

If he moves its Perth and either Freo or Eagles.

No other club will draft him against his will outside WA.

You need to just accept this reality.
There is less than zero percent chance he goes back to the ND though so no point even discussing it.

Yep. Two firsts or nothing.

Thats the max the Eagles would and should offer.

Players like Trelor and Shiels have set the benchmark.

As for $$$ well that is another conversation and with JK Hurn Jetta and Masten all over 30 and Nic on less there would need to be some back ending. $600kpa has gone up thats for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back