Recommitted Tim Kelly [requested a trade to West Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't that long ago Scotland was trying to convince us that Kelly was just a run of the mill mid... :D:drunk:

Sorry for basing my opinions on players on more than a handful of games and my opinions on trade week on a couple of decades of examples rather than blind optimism.

Tim Kelly: 26 touches and a goal a game, best player in the history of the universe
Dom Sheed: 27 touches and a goal a game, zero hype whatsoever

WC are fine. If we trade for Kelly at the end of the season great, we get a best 22 player. If we don't then it's not the end of the world.

I love that the Eagles supporters were all in agreeance that the club should only offer a second round pick last year :drunk:
Both clubs made the right call. Hindsight is wonderful and 100% Id be giving up the picks Geelong were asking for on deadline day for 2019 Kelly. But you just couldn’t do it at the time, based on 1 season from a mature ager who has been looked over for 5 previous years. More chance of that backfiring than not. I’d say our offer was about right for the time for our club and on the other hand Geelong made the right call for their club by turning it down hoping for a Brownlow type year on minimum salary, which is what they’re getting at the moment. Win some you lose some. I’m more disappointed he wasn’t already on our list prior to last years trade period. We’ve been tracking him for years but took too long to grab him..

I love that the Eagles supporters were all in agreeance that the club should only offer a second round pick last year :drunk:

All Eagles supporters agreed? Did they really?

When in fact there were quite a few different views posted and that is plain as day.

I wonder what misinformation you will come up with next? It a laugh a minute ATM.

All Eagles supporters agreed? Did they really?

When in fact there were quite a few different views posted and that is plain as day.

I wonder what misinformation you will come up with next? It a laugh a minute ATM.
Are you still claiming to work for the Eagles? I mean you didn't really deny it last time

Sorry for basing my opinions on players on more than a handful of games and my opinions on trade week on a couple of decades of examples rather than blind optimism.

Tim Kelly: 26 touches and a goal a game, best player in the history of the universe
Dom Sheed: 27 touches and a goal a game, zero hype whatsoever

WC are fine. If we trade for Kelly at the end of the season great, we get a best 22 player. If we don't then it's not the end of the world.

No, you were either being disingenuous or you have nfi about either both value or talent projection.

I don't think even the most one eyed WC supporter would argue that Kelly is playing at a level that Sheed could only dream of getting to. Raw stats on only the numbers of touches/game is an incredibly naive way to compare two players. How about we also look at clearances, metres gained, goal assists etc etc.

No, the world won't end if you don't get him. But a flag or two may have gone for the begging! :p

No, you were either being disingenuous or you have no idea about either both value or talent projection.

I don't think even the most one eyed WC supporter would argue that Kelly is playing at a level that Sheed could only dream of getting to. Raw stats on only the numbers of touches/game is an incredibly naive way to compare two players. How about we also look at clearances, metres gained, goal assists etc etc.

No, the world won't end if you don't get him. But a flag or two may have gone for the begging! :p
Dusty Martin on 22 touches a game and Brayden Fiorini on 28 a game. I guess Fiorini is better than Dusty now.

Feel free to quote where I claimed I worked for the Eagles.

Again..................you are just being a smart ass.

How about instead of posting total BS, post actually something tangible that adds to the debate.
My reasoning for asking was that you claim to have a lot of insider knowledge, you claim to know exactly what the Eagles will be offering and I was just hoping we had a real expert on our hands rather than some nuffy just making stuff up to suit whatever ridiculous narrative he builds inside his head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both clubs made the right call. Hindsight is wonderful and 100% Id be giving up the picks Geelong were asking for on deadline day for 2019 Kelly. But you just couldn’t do it at the time, based on 1 season from a mature ager who has been looked over for 5 previous years. More chance of that backfiring than not. I’d say our offer was about right for the time for our club and on the other hand Geelong made the right call for their club by turning it down hoping for a Brownlow type year on minimum salary, which is what they’re getting at the moment. Win some you lose some. I’m more disappointed he wasn’t already on our list prior to last years trade period. We’ve been tracking him for years but took too long to grab him..
Its not hindsight. We saw games like this year and all told you that with an extra pre season he was going to become a genuine gun of the competition with better stamina. You didnt listen.

You lost big time. Could of had him for 5 years on 600 thousand and for unders trade wise. You stuffed it up. Now instead of having the best midfield of the decade and clear top of the ladder you are going to be facing off against the team tim kelly plays for.

Thats what other independent commentators are saying right now.

I know this is hard to take.
And? People just love to overrate players from ladder-leading Victorian clubs. If he played for Brisbane he'd barely get a mention.

Gun player no doubt but I wouldn' put him in the top 5 considering 2 of your other players are likely already in there.

TK'S in a purple patch, no doubt, but I'd like to see a season ir 2 before putting him in the top 5 players.

No, you were either being disingenuous or you have no idea about either both value or talent projection.

Whoosh.

I guess you missed last year's finals. 28 touches and 7 clearances a game, and kicked the winning goal in the GF if you missed it. Surely based on a handful of game he catapulted into the top echelon of mids?

Kelly has been in the system 1 year and we have 1 flag without him. What happens from now on for all parties remains to be seen.

Whoosh.

I guess you missed last year's finals. 28 touches and 7 clearances a game, and kicked the winning goal in the GF if you missed it. Surely based on a handful of game he catapulted into the top echelon of mids?

Kelly has been in the system 1 year and we have 1 flag without him. What happens from now on for all parties remains to be seen.

We are talking about this year right? Not sure too many would take Sheed over Kelly. But each to their own..

Whoosh.

Kelly finishes top 3 in the brownlow is what is happening.

Also funny how you think that because in his first season kelly couldnt singlehandedly prevent you from winning a premiership that it validates your view of low balling him last year. Even gary ablett at his peak wasnt that good.

And? People just love to overrate players from ladder-leading Victorian clubs. If he played for Brisbane he'd barely get a mention.

Gun player no doubt but I wouldn' put him in the top 5 considering 2 of your other players are likely already in there.

TK'S in a purple patch, no doubt, but I'd like to see a season ir 2 before putting him in the top 5 players.
Ok so since last year eagles supporters have gone from Kelly is not in the eagles top 5 mids to now kelly is not in the top 5 players in the comp.

See what has happened?

I have seen 3 games where kelly has been tagged this year . West coast have tagged him twice including pre season and GWS once . He didn't dominate any of those games .
He will have more work put into him soon if he keeps this form up .

As of now he is smashing it . Lets just let the season pan out before we make a judgment on where he is at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back