Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross Lyon game plan
Ross Lyons ksck of respect towards women
Back stabbing culture

Why would you want to go there ....

We just need this deal

Gaff Shuey Yeo Redden Kelly sheed ...try beating that midfield

I could just hear Matthew Lloyd saying during a 2019 season prediction something along the lines of “ They have a good forward line, solid backline but I still have doubts over their midfield, Damo. I know they proved us wrong last year, but I’m still not convinced they have a strong enough midfield at the Eagles to win a premiership.

I could just hear Matthew Lloyd saying during a 2019 season prediction something along the lines of “ They have a good forward line, solid backline but I still have doubts over their midfield, Damo. I know they proved us wrong last year, but I’m still not convinced they have a strong enough midfield at the Eagles to win a premiership.

Numbnuts they are

When hutch gets hold of you been hutched.....

We have offensive mids ...Shuey Yeo gaff but we have gutvrunning defensive mids too....redden and mastern ...sheeds tackles now

When Rioli develops with Kelly and gaff back

Good luck

I know everyone's still in a premiership haze and we did absolutely nail last year's draft, but cast your minds back to Weedon, Stevens, Newman, Swift, Seaby, Selwood, Notte all drafted around that 20 mark. Even in a strong draft, what are the chances 1 of your 2 picks in that range turn into someone of Kelly's caliber?

Injuries happen and teams are always evolving. Richmond added Lynch. Kelly is the exact sort of pickup that will help us push for B2B.

Kelly will be an Eagle :westcoast:next year you can rest assured of that and will be running around in jumper # 11 .

Our recruiting guys have been into him for a long while.

He has nominated us as his only choice.

Lets look at our history , when we have had players come out and nominate us as their only destination, it has been done on the back of us telling them that we are committed to getting it done.

Redden, Jetta, Yeo.

Pretty simple join the dots we chase you ...... you commit ....... we get a deal done.

The doddle brains on here will bitch and moan that we have paid way to much, gave to much away

greatwhiteshark will have a hard on because we have given numerous draft picks away ( and we all know how much he hates draft picks ) so he wont have to support auskickers.

The recruiting team deliver the goods to Simpson.

All are happy and all is well everywhere ................ except big footy.

Fast forward :

End of round three 2019 season Kelly has kicked a total of 8 goals in his three games and averaged 26 possession...... the West Coast Big Footy consensus raves about what a f****** bargain we got and hang shit of The Handbagers :geelong: for capitulating at the trade table.

Thats how it works folks ..... so strap your self in and enjoy the show ..... oh and do't be distracted by the side show , otherwise known as the trade period. :p

Terrific post Monocle.
We are premiers, so all the eeyores can go back in their boxes.
Lots of posters have admitted they got it wrong with our recruits, so not all bad.
'WTF, Redden, that's not the inside bull we wanted'..proven wrong. playing in his right position and likely Ayres medallist if Sidebottom didn't have an extra game. Been huge this year.
Jetta, 'soft, lazy"..has been pivotal to us winning 2 finals in the last 2 years.Important to our team structure from half back. Also, his mentoring of Ryan is just awesome..that 3/4 time chat in the GF.
Yeo, too dumb to be a midfielder, doesn't have 360 degree awareness.
WCE ripped off/ bent over in those trades.
It is one of the beauties of a footy forum, though, that people can express their opinions, which I enjoy.
Think you're right about the Kelly trade, we'll get it done & look a lot stronger for B2B.
This is a special group, from Simmo down. Gaffy eventually worked that out.
Up the ****** Coasters..I'd match the Slyce offer just for that...@kulcha

Geelong have a contract that says Kelly must play for them next year which is plenty of leverage. They don’t have to trade Kelly unless they’re happy with what’s offered

Next year Kelly comes out of contract and we’d still have to come to terms on a trade with the difference being that Kelly can walk away from Geelong and enter the draft again if there’s no trade reached. No guarantees heft to us

Like it or not Geelong have all the leverage they need

Next year Cats have the same leverage we did with Ebert.

Its a pretty unanimous decision here, with LeCras, Schofield and Masten being the recurring theme. The team list is definitely looking very healthy right now if we are looking at dropping these guys.

Honestly hope LeCras calls it quits to avoid taking Vennables spot.

Schoey may initially face a up hill battle with Tom Cole for a spot but I think youth will ultimately prevail. Schoey was just so good in the grand final tragic days indeed if he cant find a spot in the team.

Masten has 'played his role' and got a premiership medal so cant complain with that.

I just hope by the end of the 2020 season we make some more room for our other up and coming young guns else Im sure they will start pulling Kelly's.

There are always injuries.

The squad won the flag not the best 22.

Kelly manager has just come out and said it straight that Kelly wants to come to us or bust. He won't ever go to Freo and made it clear if Cats don't deal he will wait out a season and come a year later.

Lol take that Geelong you selfish pricks.

You are not getting a top 10 pick.

Getting Kelly depends a lot on whether we match the Lycett deal from Port Adelaide ....if we match we would struggle to have the picks to offer Geelong .

Geelong will fold they made an error , if Kelly stays at Geelong his second year will be scratchy .

Kelly manager has just come out and said it straight that Kelly wants to come to us or bust. He won't ever go to Freo and made it clear if Cats don't deal he will wait out a season and come a year later.

I doubt the Eagles would appreciate the vitriol in the media.

Geelong are a good club and are within their rights to extract max value on their contracted player - it’s also clear the manager has a clear issue with Fremantle, which is reducing the options available to Kelly (and Geelong obviously). It’s very early in the piece at the moment - would rather Mr. Manager just backs in WCE to get the job done - I’m pretty confident we will and Geelong will get a decent return.

Getting Kelly depends a lot on whether we match the Lycett deal from Port Adelaide ....if we match we would struggle to have the picks to offer Geelong .

Geelong will fold they made an error , if Kelly stays at Geelong his second year will be scratchy .

Looks like Pick 20 for Lycett as he departs for Port.

Wonder how Geelong are feeling knowing that's as good as it's gonna get for Kelly or risk getting a bag of peanuts for him next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Points wise it's the same but do you think many clubs would trade pick 6 for 20 and 21?

I don't want to give up next years first because we gave up this eyars first. Makes us very inflexible future pick wise for a couple of years.
Maybe not but either way I think it's too much to give. If we'd had those two picks last year we could have got Allen and Kelly.
Given this years draft is supposed to be fairly good and an even spread of players between 10&25 I'd like to keep at least one pick around there

there is good respect between the two clubs with Brian Cooke being the link

They’ll get a earl done

Geelong big footy posters will whinge and moan afterwards and boo keenly when we play in Geelong ...all good and then the world will return to normal

Not sure what all he fuss is about

Contracts mean nothing these days ....he has got thre kids under 4 and unless you have young children or had them I wouldn’t expect you to understand. Yup Geelong losess a good player ....it happens

We have lost good players

Everyone has lost good players

We gain good players

And if your club is smart you’ll recruit good players

If Geelong is asking for the moon for Kelly, its simple, Eagles walk away.
Kelly comes over as a free agent next year, and we dont even give up anything.

Theres something called leverage, and Geelong have none.

You clearly don’t know the rules if you think he’s a free agent next year and you don’t have to trade for him.

As far as I can tell these are roughly the Geelong trades for players in to the club over the past few years

Dangerfield - Pick 9, 28 + Dean Gore for Dangerfield + Pick 50

Ablett - Pick 19 + Pick 30 for Ablett, Pick 24, Pick 58

Tuohy - Pick 15, Pick 63 + Billie Smedts for Tuohy + Pick 22

Henderson - Pick 16

Smith - Pick 39 + 53

Full market rates or mostly at a discount?

Let’s break it down.

Danger in our favour, but we still had to trade for him as Adelaide was going to match - still in Geelong favour but not a lot in it.

Gazza was even at best, and I’d saw we overpaid slightly.

Henderson we got shafted on, was and still is broken down.

Smith couldn’t get a game at the suns. I reckon we overpaid.

Tuohy was told the blues wouldn’t give him a new deal, cats did well on this one but that’s the risk you take.

So yes, cats certainly do pay market rates.

Sure but dont go around saying that you pulled him out of obscurity. There were about 5 clubs keen on him and you just went the earliest.

At the end of the day the fact that we got him before you doesn’t mean squat. All that matters is we have him now and you dont. If you want him, pay the going rate and stop crapping on about the family situation (not you personally).

I for one hope he gets home as clearly he wants to be in the West.

No player is bigger than the club, if we don’t get close to what we want this year he plays for the hoops in 19. Will still get a top 20 pick next year for sure.

Biscut there's not a lot of point coming on hear to preach to our heathens, just like it would be pointless for us to go to the Cats board.
At some point it will descend into a shit fight. ;)

No player is bigger than the club, if we don’t get close to what we want this year he plays for the hoops in 19. Will still get a top 20 pick next year for sure.
You may not. He could enter the draft and we would just take him with our first pick.

Glad to see a few Catters over there who are quick to respond to the vitriolic attacks on Kelly's wife. Can only imagine some of the abuse the Kelly family must be receiving right now.
Really? I feel for the lady. While they probably thought they could make it work, from what I understand she was still pregnant with the twins when they were agreeing to that and the first wasn't diagnosed yet. I found the move from 1 to 2 kids to be worse than having the 1. I couldn't imagine moving straight from 1 to 3 with no family support. That's before you even consider the needs of 2 of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back