Tim Kelly - Requests Trade to West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was actually pretty unprofessional of TK's agent I reckon ... even though true.

To me Freo are the the North Melbourne Football Club of the west (but with more money) - every year trying to attract big names, but rarely getting anyone. Languishing in mediocrity.

Edit: lol at the 'the North Melbourne Football Club' autocorrect
got to spell it n0rf to piss them off even more

Do people here still think this trades going to happen? Haven't heard anything for days (probably a good thing). Im getting a bit worried. We don't need him but he really wants to be an eagle and I'm happy to pay overs for that. I feel it helps cement that family culture even further with us moving mountains to get him in and save his family from Geelong. What i really don't want is that he can't get to us and out of desperation, ends up at Freo. You'd think Peter Bell with his South Freo connections, could probably pursuade Kelly to go there.

I find it funny that you have Geelong supporters saying Kelly owes them. They picked him from no where and gave him a go in the AFL. If anything you just made things difficult for him. He was going to get drafted by us or Freo and instead he had to haul his family across the country. He was never going to stay in Vic.
They made him miss out on a premiership to live in Geelong. Geelong may be a great place for all the country Vic boys, but not sure too many others seem to really want to live there.

I find it funny that you have Geelong supporters saying Kelly owes them. They picked him from no where and gave him a go in the AFL. If anything you just made things difficult for him. He was going to get drafted by us or Freo and instead he had to haul his family across the country. He was never going to stay in Vic.
They are losing an exceptional good player who played an extraordinary year on rookie wages He just told them he wants out due to family reasons which hurt the self-image of the club and the egos of its supporters.
People will get over it in time :)

For one we have no idea what discussions we are having with Nelson behind closed doors. Just because we haven't come out in the media and said anything about it doesn't mean it hasn't been discussed.
How do you think the Sinclair trade happened? He didn't want to be traded and didn't ask to be traded, but after discussions with both teams he agreed to be traded.

ok fair enough you might be right..I forgot about sinkers

maybe Im old school...Clubs need to be very delicate in the way they approach it..It can send the wrong message to a happy and close playing group

ok fair enough you might be right..I forgot about sinkers

maybe Im old school...Clubs need to be very delicate in the way they approach it..It can send the wrong message to a happy and close playing group
I agree with you there, don't want to upset the team balance. I just think that as long as we're up front with Nelson about it and communicate with him it's a part of the trade that makes sense. He's surplus to requirements here, gets to go home and Geelong get a ready made AFL player to slot into their team whilst they use the draft pick/s on youngsters

We get this trade done.. Remember when we gave our first rounder for Wellingham (did you read his name in BT’a voice ?)? Well that was overs, and we did that trade cause we were in flag contention.. nah that we have won a flag we need to add to our list, Tim Kelly no doubt does that i know he’ played one year but he’s better than WellinnghM and makes our midfield that much more dynamic. Richmond just added Lynch, i would hope the aim now for the club is to achieve something we’ve never achieved... that is to get back to back and tim kelly strengthens our squad.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if no deal gets done in regards to kelly, could we possibly see a similar scenario like McCarthy where he plays at south Fremantle next year ? A bit unprofessional on their part, but maybe there’s something to it ? I wouldn’t imagine they would say something like that if Tim was “supposedly” playing on at Geelong it’s kinda bullying. I expect an arrogant return media wise if we get him.

So if no deal gets done in regards to kelly, could we possibly see a similar scenario like McCarthy where he plays at south Fremantle next year ? A bit unprofessional on their part, but maybe there’s something to it ? I wouldn’t imagine they would say something like that if Tim was “supposedly” playing on at Geelong it’s kinda bullying. I expect an arrogant return media wise if we get him.

Second part in regards to the media post about Rohan.

Kelly has 3 kids? 2 with medical issues.

Yeah I get it but the nuances of the circumstances are still quite different. I think Cats fans resent Kelly requesting a trade after one year to go home for desperate family reasons. Unless it's Fremantle. In which case he is suddenly happy to play for Geelong for another year. They're not just having a tantrum purely because he wants out.

Like I said previously I think if Kelly doesn't want to go to Fremantle then I think that's fair enough. But I also don't think it's as simple as saying 'Geelong are signing Rohan/Dalhaus therefore they are hypocrites".

Yeah I get it but the nuances of the circumstances are still quite different. I think Cats fans resent Kelly requesting a trade after one year to go home for desperate family reasons. Unless it's Fremantle. In which case he is suddenly happy to play for Geelong for another year. They're not just having a tantrum purely because he wants out.

Like I said previously I think if Kelly doesn't want to go to Fremantle then I think that's fair enough. But I also don't think it's as simple as saying 'Geelong are signing Rohan/Dalhaus therefore they are hypocrites".
Rohan nominated his club. Geelong are massive hypocrites!

Also sounds like the Rohan move was somewhat encouraged by the Swans too.

I doubt it, McCarthy wasnt even allowed to act as a runner at WAFL level was he? Could be misremembering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back