Tim Kelly - Requests Trade to West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The irony of the whole T Kelly saga at Geelong is that Patrick Dangerfield is head of the AFLPA - the ambassador for protection its members includes initiatives and workplace relations and advocacy. Like to know where P Dangerfield stance on the situation witnessing it first hand.

Yeah I’m sure Danger has told Kelly should see out his 2 year contract as per the agreement. I find it a little self entitled that your playing the family game. He wants WCE only and happy to stay at cats to pass on Dockers. Come on mate, look at it for what it is.

Yeah I’m sure Danger has told Kelly should see out his 2 year contract as per the agreement. I find it a little self entitled that your playing the family game. He wants WCE only and happy to stay at cats to pass on Dockers. Come on mate, look at it for what it is.

I think there's quite a few Geelong fans who should do the same.

Personally, I reckon Geelong have every right to be filthy that Kelly wants to leave after only 1 year.
And then to only nominate 1 club was a bit untidy.

Some of the people saying he should be allowed to come back for family reasons are the same people
who went off about Sam Mitchell wanting to return home half way through his contract.

I imagine the deal will get done next week for a later first rounder.

It's a shame the discussions on BF have turned so venomous between the supporters.

Personally, I reckon Geelong have every right to be filthy that Kelly wants to leave after only 1 year.

Some of the people saying he should be allowed to come back for family reasons are the same people
who went off about Sam Mitchell wanting to return home half way through his contract.

It's a shame the discussions on BF have turned so venomous between the supporters.
I guess the difference is West Coast as a club recognise that family comes first and are allowing Mitchell to break his contract without much of a mention of them being the disgruntled party. The media have heard nothing except he is going, not even the reason he is going. The club is classy like that.

Although I understand Geelong supporters being upset he is breaking his contract, you have to understand that he would not have been able to foresee his circumstances. Away from family support with a three year old with special needs and baby twins. It’s a big burden on his partner.

Blame the AFL draft system. The only way you can play at the top level is to nominate for the draft and then you have to go wherever with no control over your fate.

Naming West Coast is a bit of a red herring. Name me the last player traded from any club that hasn’t nominated where they want to go? Every player does it. Ablett did it twice, Dangerfield and Selwood did it. Obviously it doesn’t count if it’s in Geelong favour though.

yes im sure the president of the players union has told a player to put his marriage and mental health at risk so one of the clubs isnt disadvantaged in some football games, and that he shouldnt get to choose where he wants to go (after exercising the same right himself).

man, people really have no clue about AFL player employment.

I agree with this. I would be pretty upset with the club if it turned out that we had been in Kelly's (manager's) ear all year telling him to ask for a trade and that we'll get it done. That puts us in a position where we probably do have to pay overs to live up to that commitment and I don't want Kelly at the cost of all of our trade currency this year.

On the other hand if we hadn't definitively committed to Kelly it would be much more acceptable to say that we just can't and won't pony up a top 10 pick and if that means no deal is done then so be it.

At any rate it does seem like Kelly wants to go, it'd be very awkward for everyone if he stayed at Geelong and we obviously do want to get him in if we can so there's enough motivation to get a deal done. When it all comes out in the wash I think we'll just part with our two picks in the 20s despite the bluster that came out of Geelong early in the week.

I still don't get this. Asking why on the wrong board got me banned sitewide for a day. I don't get it, Wet Toast, Carltank, Essenscum, etc aren't banned. It's weird and a pathetic reflection on the N0rf supporters on here.

Makes me want to call them N0rf more.
I think it's great. Like campaigners, I would never have typed that normally. But now you say campaigners and everyone knows exactly what you mean. So where as I would normally type North, I will now always type Norf. Everyone knows you wrote Norf.
Norf campaigners Norf campaigners Norf campaigners!!!

I think there's quite a few Geelong fans who should do the same.

I’m happy for TK to go, but we’re not going to give him away! Considering the WCE have been in his ear all year. If you promise to bring him home you should stick to your word ang get an appropriate trade done.

Well having been through the GCS with the Ablett return, I think both sets of supporters have been quite good! It’s all just fluff really but I think we all enjoy it for the most part!

Ageee with all except the bolded, as the majority of player movement (especially this trade period) involves people nominating a club. He’s only got two clubs to pick from, it’s reasonable he’d have a preference, especially given how ‘good for the game’ it is when someone like Shiel nominates one of the ten Victorian clubs.

You’d have every right to be filthy if someone pulled up stumps after a year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess the difference is West Coast as a club recognise that family comes first and are allowing Mitchell to break his contract without much of a mention of them being the disgruntled party. The media have heard nothing except he is going, not even the reason he is going. The club is classy like that.

Although I understand Geelong supporters being upset he is breaking his contract, you have to understand that he would not have been able to foresee his circumstances. Away from family support with a three year old with special needs and baby twins. It’s a big burden on his partner.

Blame the AFL draft system. The only way you can play at the top level is to nominate for the draft and then you have to go wherever with no control over your fate.

Naming West Coast is a bit of a red herring. Name me the last player traded from any club that hasn’t nominated where they want to go? Every player does it. Ablett did it twice, Dangerfield and Selwood did it. Obviously it doesn’t count if it’s in Geelong favour though.

Bit it’s not apples with apples. Danger was traded to Geelong, as was Gazza and within the afl rules. Gazza played another year with the suns and paid back the last year of his contract. We didn’t make out like bandits on these trades, we paid what was required.

Hang on - so let me get this right?

You are saying it's ok for Victorians to request a specific club (ie Dangerfield, Ablett, Shiels, Judd, Lynch, etc) .. but not ok for Non-Victorian players wanting to return home?

Just BF rumour! But they reckon the eagl,es have been whispering sweet nothing to him all year. Do you really think this trade came around with 2 rounds in the year left? Not a chance!

yes im sure the president of the players union has told a player to put his marriage and mental health at risk so one of the clubs isnt disadvantaged in some football games, and that he shouldnt get to choose where he wants to go (after exercising the same right himself).

man, people really have no clue about AFL player employment.

So you have just decided to add mental health have you? To give even more support to a come home ploy!

Bit it’s not apples with apples. Danger was traded to Geelong, as was Gazza and within the afl rules. Gazza played another year with the suns and paid back the last year of his contract. We didn’t make out like bandits on these trades, we paid what was required.
Well you are comparing apples with nothing so far as an agreement hasn’t been reached, so how are we making out like bandits?

West Coast will pay what is required, we always do. In my memory we have never shafted any club in a trade. Hell, there are pages of posts on this board complaining about how we never do this!

Hang on - so let me get this right?

You are saying it's ok for Victorians to request a specific club (ie Dangerfield, Ablett, Shiels, Judd, Lynch, etc) .. but not ok for Non-Victorian players wanting to return home?

It’s ok to name a club, but that club still has to pay the going rate. You don’t get a discount just because it’s the eagles and no one else! Danger has reached restricted free agency status, which allows a team to be nominated!

It’s ok to name a club, but that club still has to pay the going rate. You don’t get a discount just because it’s the eagles and no one else! Danger has reached restricted free agency status, which allows a team to be nominated!

Any player can nominate any club for any reason. They don't need permission.

Of course a trade still needs to be done.

We didn’t make out like bandits on these trades, we paid what was required.

a05a853955909ad274b37b9519e62c68.png

2d731eab82c9f1ed7cd31de36ac5f677.png

bcc92603b7a7586a8191c6354de862e1.png

Just BF rumour! But they reckon the eagl,es have been whispering sweet nothing to him all year. Do you really think this trade came around with 2 rounds in the year left? Not a chance!
So as suspected it's just a snake baker like 'vibe'.

Yet you suggested WCE had 'promised' to bring Kelly home after 'being in his ear all year'. How do 'they' know it wasn't the other way around...i.e. Kelly approached the club about a move home because of his personal situation? It would be remiss of our recruitment team not to follow up.

I’m happy for TK to go, but we’re not going to give him away! Considering the WCE have been in his ear all year. If you promise to bring him home you should stick to your word ang get an appropriate trade done.
This is often repeated, but who actually said it? I haven't seen the source ever.

Why are Geelong supporters crying foul because TK has nominated West Coast? When has anyone ever said “send me home, I don’t care which club”?

Rohan just nominated Geelong and then Geelong posts about it saying “There’s no place like home”

Shiel nominates Essendon and Vic journos say it’s “good for the game”

Kelly nominates West Coast and apparently “Geelong have every right to be filthy”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back