Tim Lane: "Flawed Eagles hardly heinous"

Remove this Banner Ad

O god i give up...nnnope ...nothings wrong...Benny did nothing bad..weagles are all good...noone is in any strife...amphetamines arnt a worry...noone has hidden anything...they havent brought the game into disrepute...the AFL are idiots..the public are idiots...in fact anyone other than weagle fans just dont understand at all...they're all just idiots :thumbsu:

get ya buddies onto it...weagle fans are the only ones who understand :thumbsu:

Firstly, improve your grammar and spelling because I'm having problems reading your posts.

Secondly, no one at all has said Ben has done nothing wrong, so stop making crap up. You can not label a whole club based on a few individuals actions. It is extremely unfair. The Eagles have brought the game into disrepute, temporarily. Though they aren't the first club to admit they have drug issues. (Carlton anyone?). They haven't hidden anything, because they were not required by the AFL to disclose the fact Ben had drug problems. They attempted to fix his problems on their own, it didn't work, so they have suspended him.

I really don't know what your point is. I think you just like posting negative crap about the Eagles over and over and getting a reaction out of fans.

Face the facts.

WC have kept their heads in the sand the last 5 or more seasons and you can see why they can get away with it for so long when so many people have their heads in the sand and never ask the direct questions and WC giving their wishy washy answers.

WC wishy washy premiers 2006
Sydney Premiers 2006

so just because of one player who has substance abuse the rest of the players are wishy washy and they didnt deserve the premiership? funny how an essendon fan is saying this when their own club cheated the system with money. an individual wont cause as much damage as a entire club cheating the system.

Never done this. Just because I don't share your zero tolerance drugs are bad mmmkay stance, doesn't mean that I glorify drugs. It does however make me laugh that peope like you think they have a realistic view of what drugs are about.

Yeah BB. I dont feel the need to glorify drug use on a footy forum. I also dont equate drug use to being part of life. I also dont equate drug use and knowing "1000's" of druggies to being a man of the world.

Yeah BB. I dont feel the need to glorify drug use on a footy forum. I also dont equate drug use and knowing "1000's" of druggies to being a man of the world.
Ahhh, so this is glorifying drugs. Riiiight.

I also dont equate drug use to being part of life.
And this is why you are ignorant. You simply don't have the ability to even be able to begin to understand people who make different choices.

Going on the attack straight away? You obviously have had a few difficulties convincing everyone that the problem isn't that bad.

You could have at least thrown in a 'Where's the proof?' or something like that before straight out bagging another club.

The problem?

The only people who give a damn about this whole saga anymore are Robert Walls, Mark Duffield and a bunch of furious (predominantly Dockers and the occasional Swan) supporters trying to maintain the rage on the internerd.

I just find it incredibly amusing to see a Freo supporter accusing others of media conspiracies. Some Dockers fans never shut up about the raw deal they reckon they get.

The ever conservative Tim Lane :thumbsu:

One day he'll write something truly meaningful instead of pandering to the masses and simply rehashing the soft view from every story.

He has missed the entire story of course....but this sorta irrelevent rehashed tripe should satisfy his commitments without rocking the boat...with the added bonus of not upsetting anyone to remain popular.

Here's a thought...i'll write an article that says nothing...i shouldnt make it sound controversial or authorative tho...i should defend with one sentence but make it inexcusabale with another....i can use analogies with other sports in the news... and instead of a conclusion i can refer to the other sports i cover for my livelihood...that way everyone's happy including the missus.

Absolutely agree, 1000%

Sure, it's his opinion and that's fine, but it's such an easy article to write. There's not a speck of controversy there and it's a virtually a WCE press release.

To me, it was an article that didn't need to be written and we didn't learn anything new or find a different perspective.

Try and push a boundary, Tim. Don't just write what you think the C-D audience wants to read.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem?

The only people who give a damn about this whole saga anymore are Robert Walls, Mark Duffield and a bunch of furious (predominantly Dockers and the occasional Swan) supporters trying to maintain the rage on the internerd.

I just find it incredibly amusing to see a Freo supporter accusing others of media conspiracies. Some Dockers fans never shut up about the raw deal they reckon they get.

You obviously didn't listen to 6PR this morning. They've already tried the first 3 defences and haven't been overly successful, so they started on the 'Victorian media conspiracy' bandwagon. Don't blame us Dockers supporters for that.

Just acknowledge the problem, and stop trying to palm it off on other clubs.

You obviously didn't listen to 6PR this morning. They've already tried the first 3 defences and haven't been overly successful, so they started on the 'Victorian media conspiracy' bandwagon. Don't blame us Dockers supporters for that.

6PR is talkback radio. Sparking up listeners like your good self is how they make a crust, if you haven't realised. And in any event, I don't really think we need to be too worried about placating the all-important taxi-driver and random crank demographic.

Just acknowledge the problem, and stop trying to palm it off on other clubs.

And keep acknowledging it until we're finished with you, damn it.

Deep down, do you really think that the average guy on the street - as in, the average non-Freo-supporting guy on the street - is really still interested in the Eagles drug saga? Because they're really not. And there isn't anywhere the media can go with it anymore, until Cousins shows up again.

Don't worry, the media will be back cruelly and unfairly picking on your blokes before you know it. Hell, it might be as soon as Monday.

6PR is talkback radio. Sparking up listeners like your good self is how they make a crust, if you haven't realised. And in any event, I don't really think we need to be too worried about placating the all-important taxi-driver and random crank demographic.

What difference does it make what demographic it is? Just saying that's the latest line of defence by Eagles supporters. It may not be the 45-60 year old businessman demographic that you're used to, but that doesn't make it any less relevant.

Deep down, do you really think that the average guy on the street - as in, the average non-Freo-supporting guy on the street - is really still interested in the Eagles drug saga? Because they're really not. And there isn't anywhere the media can go with it anymore, until Cousins shows up again.

Don't worry, the media will be back cruelly and unfairly picking on your blokes before you know it. Hell, it might be as soon as Monday.

So you think no-one's interested now? I reckon most Eagles supporters would have an interest as to why their ex-captain and 'spiritual leader' is off in seppo land instead of out on the footy field getting possessions.

'People aren't interested'. That's a new one, haven't heard that from one of you people before. I'll wait until I hear it from a few more of you before I add it to the list.

You know!

When I was very, very little....and scared of the dark. I used to have a little mantra that I would repeat to myself, until I relaxed and felt better and then fell asleep.

The pile of crap that you posted above is obviously your version.

Sleep tight sweetheart and keep on hoping and wishing that this is all over!!

You know!

When I was very, very little....and scared of the dark. I used to have a little mantra that I would repeat to myself, until I relaxed and felt better and then fell asleep.

pffft i never feared the dark :D

What difference does it make what demographic it is? Just saying that's the latest line of defence by Eagles supporters. It may not be the 45-60 year old businessman demographic that you're used to, but that doesn't make it any less relevant.

Alright, what's the Southern Gazette got to say on the topic? Or Australian Railroad magazine? Because all are equally valid and relevant, if your point's correct.

Quick boys, the journos at the Catholic Record are onto us! Run!

So you think no-one's interested now? I reckon most Eagles supporters would have an interest as to why their ex-captain and 'spiritual leader' is off in seppo land instead of out on the footy field getting possessions.

You just don't get it.

We Eagles supporters know why he's in the US. We knew last week. We didn't suddenly stop knowing this week.

Nobody's interested anymore because we've all formed our views - for good or ill - and moved on with our lives. There's just nowhere that the story can go from here, and the only people who are beating the drum now are those who want to score a few points out of it.

There's a good reason why it's dropped out of the print media, after all.

'People aren't interested'. That's a new one, haven't heard that from one of you people before. I'll wait until I hear it from a few more of you before I add it to the list.

Good for you. Happy list-making.

You know!

What an odd little story.

Here's a question. What do you think will happen in the Eagles drug story next?

What an odd little story.

Here's a question. What do you think will happen in the Eagles drug story next?

I don't have to use a crystal ball on that one champ.

Your Chairmans little rant at Walls today is hardly putting the fire out, I would have thought.

Nice one Dalton!:thumbsu:

The Victorian press are going to love that little bit of righteous indignation.

Alright, what's the Southern Gazette got to say on the topic? Or Australian Railroad magazine? Because all are equally valid and relevant, if your point's correct.

Quick boys, the journos at the Catholic Record are onto us! Run!

Now you're becoming incoherent. Do you even remember what your point was?

You just don't get it.

We Eagles supporters know why he's in the US. We knew last week. We didn't suddenly stop knowing this week.

And i'd imagine you'd all like to know how he's going.

Nobody's interested anymore because we've all formed our views - for good or ill - and moved on with our lives. There's just nowhere that the story can go from here, and the only people who are beating the drum now are those who want to score a few points out of it.

There's a good reason why it's dropped out of the print media, after all.

I'm sure it'll be back in there tomorrow.

Now you're becoming incoherent. Do you even remember what your point was?

I made the point that talkback radio was hardly a good guide for judging the interests of the general public, being generally inflammatory and catering to a fairly specific demographic.

You responded with the rather odd assertion that it was as equally valid as the rest of the media.

There, that really wasn't so hard to follow, was it?

And i'd imagine you'd all like to know how he's going.

Maybe we're just not as gossipy as you.

I'm sure it'll be back in there tomorrow.

Well, we can't help Gooding shooting his mouth off and giving it all more oxygen, can't we. Especially when a shameless self-promoter like Walls is involved. Still, what can you do?

Basically, everyone's already made a decision - either the Eagles are druggies or they aren't - and spats between Gooding and Walls aren't really going to change that, one way or the other. That's what I mean about the average guy losing interest in the story.

I don't have to use a crystal ball on that one champ.

Your Chairmans little rant at Walls today is hardly putting the fire out, I would have thought.

Nice one Dalton!:thumbsu:

The Victorian press are going to love that little bit of righteous indignation.

Gooding really should have just left it where it was, and left it up to Lane to make the points he did. Oh well.

It's a sideshow, all the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tim Lane: "Flawed Eagles hardly heinous"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back