Traded Tim Taranto [Traded to Richmond for #12 and #19]

Remove this Banner Ad

Think the Giants (slightly) win this trade, but still a very good get for Richmond

It's good there is actually a couple of trade done on the first day for a change.
As a tigers supporter I think it’s fair

The other aspect to consider is the type of player we desperately needed.

Richmond fans you will love his gut running, ability to find the pill, and team first attitude.

You will hate his kicking and lack of agility.

In our side full of similar players he became surplus to requirements.

In your side which is skillful, quick, structured, and hard working he will probably work out really well.

All the best with him.

Richmond fans you will love his gut running, ability to find the pill and team first attitude.

In our side full of similar players he became surplus to requirements. In your quick, structured, well balanced side that has speed he will probably work out really well.

All the best with him.
Hopefully you guys get a gun or two with those picks and we can look back on this trade as a genuine win-win :)

Richmond fans you will love his gut running, ability to find the pill and team first attitude.

In your side which skillful, quick, structured and hard working he will probably work out really well.

All the best with him.
Seems like the type you’d actually play as an inside mid not half foward

Richmond fans you will love his gut running, ability to find the pill, and team first attitude.

In your side which is skillful, quick, structured, and hard working he will probably work out really well.

All the best with him.
We don’t rely on elite kicking anyway.

We love the chaos

But doesn't that mean you have no picks left in this draft?
Yeah seems that way. I'll back in our recruiting strategy in this one. Was only last year that we brought in 5 players from the draft so happy to use all 4 if it means getting these two.

Edit. TT for 12 & 19.
So I'm guessing it may leave JH for 30 & F1 but this one may need longer negotiations.

Tigers have made it as fair as possible, but still win the trade given they've traded in a ready made player (And will have 2 by the end of the trade period). They're surplus to GWS needs, so overall a decent result for them as well.

How could a 21 year old BF, in a GF finishing side, be surplus to your needs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting they’ve done Taranto completely separately from Hopper….
Not surprising though

Gets the easy deal out of the way. Giants have a couple of extra picks to use on other deals in the meantime if there's any toing and froing on the Hopper deal

A future first and 30 seems pretty fair though

On face value GWS win the trade. If they held out I have zero doubt GWS would've accepted pick 12 flat out. But Richmond aren't that type of club and they prefer to let the other club "win" on the margins to create good relationships for future business.

And I think pick 12 would've been fair. Yes he was pick 2 but he's 6 years into a career, coming off a down year and out of contract. And had injury problems this season.

But a lot of factors go into it. We could look back and say this draft absolutely sucked. Hard to say right now.

Fair trade and good fit for Richmond.

Taranto is a B+ grade accumulator that applies good defensive pressure.

Kicking is one of the worst in the AFL, has a low contested possession and clearance ratio for an inside midfielder, which are 2 factors holding him back.

Also severely lacks hurt-factor and point of difference.

But at Richmond his well-rounded attributes will be valuable.

Like list management guru SOS says, pick 12 is enough for Taranto, which makes next year's first enough for Hopper.

Done before morning tea on day one, lead me to the iced vovos.
You were right about 1 thing.

Think the Giants (slightly) win this trade, but still a very good get for Richmond

It's good there is actually a couple of trade done on the first day for a change.
I find it interesting how these trades are seen as win or loss either way. Giants could draft 2 duds with these picks and Taranto could win a premiership and Brownlow with the trade. Would Richmond slightly win the trade then?

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Tim Taranto [Traded to Richmond for #12 and #19]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back