Time to go Izzy

Remove this Banner Ad

Robert Walls saw Izzy in the twos over the weekend, had two touches and still looked lost. Time to go back to league mate.

Walls on Izzy

Knowing Izzy is part of GWS's salary cap I don't feel so bad about them having concessions.

Knowing Izzy is part of GWS's salary cap I don't feel so bad about them having concessions.

I realise any thread with GWS *and* Izzy in it is two loads of lies, bullshit and misinformation ... but no his pay isnt under the cap.

Watch this tape. Nice creation of space, good mark and the correct option and a beautifully weighted kick. Then freeze the tape at 1.05. do a jumper count and see what happens next.

is he a part of the normal cap. I thought he was a special league convert type deal outside of the cap. He also has promotional stuff.
I think Walls is a little premature here. I heard him on radio and I think he needs time. See how how goes next year then review.

I realise any thread with GWS *and* Izzy in it is two loads of lies, bullshit and misinformation ... but no his pay isnt under the cap.

Watch this tape. Nice creation of space, good mark and the correct option and a beautifully weighted kick. Then freeze the tape at 1.05. do a jumper count and see what happens next.

Thanks for clarifying this, now I am depressed again about their concessions (and their ability to attract another Phil Davis away from us).

Folau has openly admitted that the only reason he moved was for the money, and that shows in his performance. He looks disinterested and is just collecting easy money until he moves back to Rugby League (him seeking an early release from his contract is probably a possibility). Karmichael Hunt, on the other hand, looks like he actually cares and is enjoying himself (hence re-signing with GC).

lol, so at 1.05 he gets lucky and is somehow involved in a goal, does this suddenly justify his spot in the side?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

with cameron and patton in the forward line there defiantly is not much room for him down there. Would it be worth trying him as a defender??
Get Silvagni to teach him a few things

Folau has openly admitted that the only reason he moved was for the money, and that shows in his performance. He looks disinterested and is just collecting easy money until he moves back to Rugby League (him seeking an early release from his contract is probably a possibility). Karmichael Hunt, on the other hand, looks like he actually cares and is enjoying himself (hence re-signing with GC).
The amount of publicity and commentary that Folau has brought to the AFL and GWS in the rugby playing states let alone the traditional AFL playing states has been worth the investment. Take the Walls article for instance. It's keeping GWS in front of the public and providing a topical point of discussion.

The problem the haters are facing with Karmichael Hunt is he's turning into a handy player.

The amount of publicity and commentary that Folau has brought to the AFL and GWS in the rugby playing states let alone the traditional AFL playing states has been worth the investment. Take the Walls article for instance. It's keeping GWS in front of the public and providing a topical point of discussion.

Yeah I agree, the generation of publicity alone was worth the investment but with his current attitude it's unlikely that he will become a decent player like Karmichael.

Yeah I agree, the generation of publicity alone was worth the investment but with his current attitude it's unlikely that he will become a decent player like Karmichael.
I would have preferred that Folau worked out for GWS and if he leaves nobody should lose a heap of sleep over it. Naturally RL types will claim he's come back home and the AFL was stupid where AFL followers may claim one of RL's brightest stars couldn't cut it in the AFL thus demonstrating AFL's superiority over NRL.

It's another chapter in the perennial AFL vs Rugby League debate.

Hunt has done well but Izzy is proof not just any player can switch over it make it in the AFL.

Oh well the Storm will happily take him back :)

Brett15,

Hunt looked awful a lot of the time last year, and his odd good play was written off as "lucky" by flogs like Donakebab.

He's a KPF in his first year in the big time. He's tracking along just fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Time to go Izzy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back