Time to unleash Setanta

Remove this Banner Ad

parrot

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2004
Challenging times ahead for the young Blues, with their 2 key defenders out for the next 6 weeks and their 2 top midfielders out for about 2 with injury/suspension. Two interstate games coming up just makes things a little tougher. Great challenges ahead but also great opportunities for some talented Blues, starved of opportunity at senior level. Setanta O'hAilpin, Walker and Russell should play this week. Looking forward to Setanta’s debut -his pace, height, aggression and natural athletic abilities could prove damaging. A road trip at this stage may not be that bad – less media attention and lower expectations may be all this talented young side needs to regain some confidence (e.g. against Adelaide last year). Expect some surprises. :)

dees_best said:
Hartlett would be a better option than Setana in defence.

Unfortunately Hartlett has a knee injury, but both are more tall forwards that can play in defence. Looking forward to seeing Russell debut . Another highly talented, very fast 6'3" midfielder. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

parrot said:
Challenging times ahead for the young Blues, with their 2 key defenders out for the next 6 weeks and their 2 top midfielders out for about 2 with injury/suspension. Two interstate games coming up just makes things a little tougher. Great challenges ahead but also great opportunities for some talented Blues, starved of opportunity at senior level. Setanta O'hAilpin, Walker and Russell should play this week. Looking forward to Setanta’s debut -his pace, height, aggression and natural athletic abilities could prove damaging. A road trip at this stage may not be that bad – less media attention and lower expectations may be all this talented young side needs to regain some confidence (e.g. against Adelaide last year). Expect some surprises. :)

I'm very scared...

:rolleyes:

I hope Setanta isnt unleashed against the Demons, how will we stop him?

He is tall, fast, agile, has an amazing footy brain, and has so muhc TALENT. He is the complete package

When I watch him play I see a combination of Ablett, Carey, Matthews, Guinness and leprechauns

Setanta, you star

milnedog44 said:
Setanta? :confused:

BWAHAHAHAAHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I see your

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA and raise you a

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA

Sultana O'hairpin, the great hope of the desperate.

Seeing him run around in the seniors could see the end of poor old Collo :)

Couldn't be worse than Livingstone (pick #4 BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA) and Thornton. Possibly the worse two backmen in the League.

Yze_Magic said:
I hope Setanta isnt unleashed against the Demons, how will we stop him?

He is tall, fast, agile, has an amazing footy brain, and has so muhc TALENT. He is the complete package

When I watch him play I see a combination of Ablett, Carey, Matthews, Guinness and leprechauns

Setanta, you star

The Demons will be shaking with fear at the sight of the next triple Brownlow medallist :D

Hornet said:
I know that you want to give it to Parrot but do you seriously believe that Thornton is a dud?

Both are extremely ordinary players who are lucky Carlton have been poor for so long otherwise they wouldn't be on an AFL list. Livingstone certainly, and Thornton probably, although he is marginally better than that incredibly bad Livingstone.

Joffaboy said:
The Demons will be shaking with fear at the sight of the next triple Brownlow medallist :D

The Dees will be too busy with their early season premiership celebrations. They've already poped the corks. It's become a yearly tradition, as has their end-of-year-screaming-heap collapses. Last years one was particularly spectacular. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Time to unleash Setanta

Remove this Banner Ad

Back